Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdrum79 View Post
I must say that I broke down and ended up buying a 2009 Mercedes C350 Sport. I must say that it has excellent fit and finish and before I get flamed, my decision came down to if I wanted to pay 35K-40K for the Camaro SS with good/ok fit and finish (sorry can't get past my POS G6 GTP I traded in) or pay a few grand more for a luxury vehicle that felt like it was worth the money. I love the Camaro and hope that it rules the sport car market but I was afraid that I'd nick pick every little thing that was wrong with it instead of enjoying it for what it was. Just wanted to put the pricing in perspective.
hmmm, what does Consumer Reports say about the C300 series I wonder, "The C300's interior panels fit together well, and the overall feel is solid. However, some plastics look a bit cheap, and the interior lacks some of the fine detailing of more-expensive Mercedes-Benz models."
Old 05-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #16
kmdrum79

Drives: 2018 Audi SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
Hey that is exactly the same car I am considering if the Camaro falls thru...good choice on your part. Did you get a sweet deal???

Sure did...hit them up on the last day of the month and worked an awesome deal. The best part is that the dealership I've been dealing with has awesome customer service. When I went to pick up my license plates, my salesman let me drive the AMG C63 because he knew I liked powerful cars. It was so freaking awesome!!
kmdrum79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG View Post

Even so, the Camaro does not exactly fit the *eco-friendly image that politicians in Washington – who now have effective control of the company – are pushing GM, Ford Motor and Chrysler to adopt.
Ask me if I care!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #18
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
hmmm, what does Consumer Reports say about the C300 series I wonder, "The C300's interior panels fit together well, and the overall feel is solid. However, some plastics look a bit cheap, and the interior lacks some of the fine detailing of more-expensive Mercedes-Benz models."

It says "looks cheap". I dare you to get into one and call any of the interior pieces cheap. It has such a vault like feeling when closing the doors and just feels solid. Like I said, not trying to say anything bad about the Camaro, because it's awesome, but ultimately, it was built for speed, not luxury.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Old 05-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
Z/28orSs

Quote:
It says "looks cheap". I dare you to get into one and call any of the interior pieces cheap. It has such a vault like feeling when closing the doors and just feels solid. Like I said, not trying to say anything bad about the Camaro, because it's awesome, but ultimately, it was built for speed, not luxury.
they are ..... my gf wanted one i even test drove the 4 matic thats they way to go

Last edited by Z/28orSs; 05-16-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #21
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
really seeing as how the 350 int suks!! are you serious wow..all i can say is wow! no you just wanted the name call it what it is PRIDE!! btw theres nothing wrong with not getting a camaro or a gm product but the merc c300 is no bueno!
Ever been in a the C350 or just see pictures on the net? The interior does what it needs to do. I didn't post to compare design, just wanted to compare quality.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
The point is this: GM made a good business decision and built a car people not only want, but deeply desire and lust for. Unfortunately, the are now nationalized and run by an administration that has no interest in building what Americans want, but instead dictating what Americans should drive based on the intolerant cries of a few misled extremists. And that, my friends, is an awful place to be in.

And to be honest, as is evidence in the dealer demo I sampled and wrote about, there are a few examples of production Camaros out there with fit and finish issues. It doesn't mean it isn't a good car, just that getting such advanced performance for so little money means you'll have to sacrifice something. If that something is a few fit issues on certain (but not all) cars, fine.

Oh by the way, I sat in a C350 myself, and the interior is fine but nothing special. There wasn't anything seriously wrong but it didn't scream "Luxury!" either.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
Z/28orSs

Quote:
Ever been in a the C350 or just see pictures on the net? The interior does what it needs to do. I didn't post to compare design, just wanted to compare quality.
read my last post please they look much better on net tho
im not trying to be a jerk But camaro< c350 in terms of quality but from what i have seen not by much, that would make me pick it over it mabey a new cts or 330 but not the merc...
Old 05-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #24
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
read my last post please they look much better on net tho

To each their own. I just wish that everyone loves their Camaro they way I love my car. The Camaro is an awesome design and deserves the attention. I'll just have to admire it from the rear since there's no way my car could ever catch it.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #25
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Dude, I have sat in both. NO COMPARISON. The Mercedes interior simply outclasses the Camaro. It is really not that close.

With that said, I am willing to compromise on luxury for the performance of the Camaro...unless things go south even more.

Mercedes/BMW/Audi are in a different league. You pay for it, but it IS a different league.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #26
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Sure did...hit them up on the last day of the month and worked an awesome deal. The best part is that the dealership I've been dealing with has awesome customer service. When I went to pick up my license plates, my salesman let me drive the AMG C63 because he knew I liked powerful cars. It was so freaking awesome!!
OMG, that C63 is in a league by itself. What an amazing car. I hope you enjoy your 350, IMO, it is one hell of a nice car!!!
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #27
kmdrum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Oh by the way, I sat in a C350 myself, and the interior is fine but nothing special. There wasn't anything seriously wrong but it didn't scream "Luxury!" either.
It doesn't have to scream luxury while sitting there. Get it on the road for a long period of time and you'll understand. The reason for my post is that I got it for less than 40K, which is around the price point of the Camaro
I would want. Comparing the two price points, the fit and finish for the C350 is better than the Camaro. Not saying it's bad at all but after my G6 experience I just needed something that doesn't squeak, rattle, break down (issues started the first week I got it) for a little while. Plus, the Camaro still needs to work out it's kinks.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #28
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Don't look at me, CR is the one who said it! CR always finds something it doesn't like; I was just connecting the dots between the OP's article about what CR said about the camaro's fit and finish and the MB's. No harm meant - just havin' fun here folks!!