Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
B-52 Guns
B-52 Guns

Drives: 2011 Inferno 2SS/RS convertible
Exhaust cutouts on convertible

I want to put QTP Low Profile Electric Exhaust Cutouts on Vert.
Has anyone done this and does the crossmember/brace need to be modified?
B-52 Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:33 AM   #2
iCamaro81

Drives: 2014 Camaro Convertible L99
I have done it and I also added the ARH brace. The brace gave me some clearance which I believe I needed. I placed mine behind the cats but I have also seen people put them closer to the rear of the car which may be an option if you don't want to take off the factory pieces or buy the ARH brace. I have the L99 so I was pretty dead set on putting them before the resonator.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
Mcdonaho

Drives: 2015 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
I just got mine done. They took off the brace and didn't put it back on and programmed the cut outs to my homeland button 2 opens it and button 3 closes it. I love it!
Mcdonaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
ggionyae

Drives: camaro
They took off the brace and didn't put it back on and programmed the cut outs to my homeland button 2 opens it and button 3 closes it.
ggionyae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #5
vgreid

Drives: 2011 'verte SS
I am thinking of the same but concerned about the posts regarding failures for many of the products. I have heard good things about Noweeds (http://noweeds.net/collections/unive...verter-systems), but their Camaro solution does not work for the vert due to the brace (I do not want to remove a structural brace).

I am wondering if their universal solution might work behind the rear axle? My wife wants it stock quiet, I am looking for something closer to NPP, and I am hoping that a cutout just before the large muffler would accomplish that. Anyone try this with a Noweeds universal setup?
vgreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #6
Convert-11

Drives: 2011 Convertible Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
I put the no weeds on this summer and love it. I trimmed about 2" off the factory brace to clear the down turns and reinstalled, so it can be used. I also have a hotchkis chassis brace that I installed years ago. Wish I would of bought them before spending the $ on axle backs, which are ok but nothing like the adjustability of no weeds- mild to wild!
Convert-11 is offline   Reply With Quote