Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-11-2020, 05:08 PM   #29
D1Sc_Tyler

Drives: 2014 camaro ss / 1969 camaro
Did you ever resolve the issue? I feel like mine does the same thing. Can’t figure it out. It runs fine when you start it and drive. But after a long drive in high gear, or in low gear around town trips or something. If i stay in low gear and cruise, it will like fall on its face, it’ll start idling strange, the first bit of throttle is jumpy, and just runs completely different. If i cut the car off, let it sit for awhile, it goes away. Doesn’t make any sense, but it will come back if i do it again.
D1Sc_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:21 AM   #30
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1Sc_Tyler View Post
Did you ever resolve the issue? I feel like mine does the same thing. Can’t figure it out. It runs fine when you start it and drive. But after a long drive in high gear, or in low gear around town trips or something. If i stay in low gear and cruise, it will like fall on its face, it’ll start idling strange, the first bit of throttle is jumpy, and just runs completely different. If i cut the car off, let it sit for awhile, it goes away. Doesn’t make any sense, but it will come back if i do it again.
Ended up having a screwed up head, I had money shifted and broken one of the dual springs, got saved by the outer spring as the inner snapped and bent the valve. Sometimes the valve would close perfectly until high RPM then it would stutter. Ended up needing to replace the springs, a valve, and valve guide. I would start with a compression test. Then pull your valve covers and inspect the valve springs.
2012 2SS M6, ERL Superdeck 6 427, PRC 255 Heads, Procharger F1A w/ 3.85 pulley, 1300hp intercooler, Squash Dual 450lph, E85, ID1700, RXT Clutch, DSS 1pc driveshaft, GForce axles, Eaton Detroit Trutrac, a bunch of other crap I don't feel like typing.
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote