Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Any secrets or glitches in your camaros?!

just wondering lol i like the holding the TC down to go FAST @#$ not that its a glitch or secret
Old 03-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
I prefer pressing the TC 2x to get into competitive mode, lets enough wheel slip that its fun, but not as restrictive as leaving everything on. I'm not a good driver, so I cant handle the car with all the nannies off. This may sound dumb, but I have owned this car for almost 5 years, I just found out weeks ago it has a competitive mode. I use to just hold down the TC button and turn everything off...I would just smoke the tires. lol
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:59 AM   #3
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJZ28 View Post
I prefer pressing the TC 2x to get into competitive mode, lets enough wheel slip that its fun, but not as restrictive as leaving everything on. I'm not a good driver, so I cant handle the car with all the nannies off. This may sound dumb, but I have owned this car for almost 5 years, I just found out weeks ago it has a competitive mode. I use to just hold down the TC button and turn everything off...I would just smoke the tires. lol
yep just at a stop light hold the tc down and
Old 03-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #4
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
My car is secretely a magician. Every late November it disappears and then shows back up in March after the salt is off the roads..
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
My camaro has moods -
Sometimes when I go wot it scares the crap outta me while other times it feels like a Honda Civic
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 06:37 AM   #6
jaros44

Drives: chevrolet camaro rs/ss 2015
weird

My ss/rs just started doing something weird, when I turn the radio on, I get a backfeed noise from the trans., if I turn the radio off, no noise, or if I turn the heater fan off I get no noise. Sorta sounds like a bad bearing in the heater fan, but goes up and down with engine RPM when in gear, doesn't happen when car is in neutral

Opinions?

WIN_20151001_100116 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/97391199@N06/

Last edited by jaros44; 03-07-2020 at 06:58 AM.
jaros44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 06:52 AM   #7
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
"My camaro has moods -Sometimes when I go wot it scares the crap outta me while other times it feels like a Honda Civic"

That's funny. I have seen that a few times passing people and thinking what the hell is going on here feels dead. Just waiting for it to start pulling.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:06 AM   #8
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJZ28 View Post
My Camaro's glitch is the Owners Manual. There's one in the glove box and a pdf in the cloud, so I can see all the car's features whenever I want.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:49 AM   #9
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
"My camaro has moods -Sometimes when I go wot it scares the crap outta me while other times it feels like a Honda Civic"

That's funny. I have seen that a few times passing people and thinking what the hell is going on here feels dead. Just waiting for it to start pulling.
Knew I wasn’t the one lol think it doesn’t drop gears and just stay in like 4th or 5th. From a dead stop at idle rpm I smoke the tires for a block so I know it has power.

Other thing mine has the usual rear defroster and radio turns to static
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:15 AM   #10
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
There's an old thread here that talks about things you may not know (or didn't crack the manual to read) that really does have some gems in it. Though granted, it was started long ago when the 5th gen was introduced.

"Sometimes when I go wot it scares the crap outta me while other times it feels like a Honda Civic "

I agree, there are definitely days it runs better for no real explanation. Even on the same gas and relative air temp. It's almost as if GM built a factory BEAST and tuned and or emission controlled a lot of it out. But some days it sets itself free! Weird.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:35 AM   #11
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
When I bought it, it only had 426 hp. Now I fixed that by throwing a lot of money and labor at it.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #12
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
When I bought it, it only had 426 hp. Now I fixed that by throwing a lot of money and labor at it.
I’d love the play part. It’s the pay part I struggle with.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:54 AM   #13
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
There's an old thread here that talks about things you may not know (or didn't crack the manual to read) that really does have some gems in it. Though granted, it was started long ago when the 5th gen was introduced.

"Sometimes when I go wot it scares the crap outta me while other times it feels like a Honda Civic "

I agree, there are definitely days it runs better for no real explanation. Even on the same gas and relative air temp. It's almost as if GM built a factory BEAST and tuned and or emission controlled a lot of it out. But some days it sets itself free! Weird.

Don't know if you guys warm your car's up on first startup... but i do it religiously... wait till the needle settles at good temps. Takes about an extra 3 minutes or so but I've noticed the car avoids feeling like a Honda Civic 99.99 percent of the time.

The car likes it.

As for that secret stuff, can't think of anything that hasn't already been said or brought up here before. The people of Camaro5 know their cars very well.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #14
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Occasionally at the drag strip, making a pass; the hazard lights turn on by themselves along with the cabin light, and they will not shut off. The only way to shut them off is to turn the car off and start it back up, then push the buttons, then they turn off. Seriously.
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote