Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2022, 09:06 PM   #1
Madmax1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Help; Engine power is reduced

Check engine light on, use the scanner receive code P0223 and P0122 I replaced throttle body (brand new), after test driving for 20 min, vehicles shutdown with engine power is reduced message. I use the relearn process and nothing happen. I put back the old one and still doing the same thing as the new one, so reinstall the new one back and continue with the relearn process and still nothing. Need some guidance and advice; somebody point me in the right direction please.

2010 Camaro ss (L99 conversion to LS3) GPI Stage 3, headers, intake, exhaust. tune.
Madmax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
When did the issue start? How long after the engine conversion/latest intake mods/tune? Any other mods (i.e. throttle controller)?

https://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/s...hp?tid/295283/ this guy had both codes too and ended up replacing the throttle pedal unit.

Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:48 AM   #3
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1 View Post
Check engine light on, use the scanner receive code P0223 and P0122 I replaced throttle body (brand new), after test driving for 20 min, vehicles shutdown with engine power is reduced message. I use the relearn process and nothing happen. I put back the old one and still doing the same thing as the new one, so reinstall the new one back and continue with the relearn process and still nothing. Need some guidance and advice; somebody point me in the right direction please.

2010 Camaro ss (L99 conversion to LS3) GPI Stage 3, headers, intake, exhaust. tune.
Give this a try

Circuit/System Testing
Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the Q38 throttle body.
Ignition OFF and all vehicle systems OFF. It may take up to 2 minutes for all vehicle systems to power down. Test for less than 5 Ω between the low reference circuit terminal C and ground.
If greater than the specified range, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
Ignition ON, test for 4.8–5.2 V between the 5 V reference circuit terminal E and ground.
If less than the specified range, test the 5-volt reference circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
If greater than the specified range, test the 5-volt reference circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
Test for less than 1 V between the TP sensor 1 signal circuit terminal D and ground.
If greater than specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
Install a 3 A fused jumper wire between TP sensor 1 signal circuit terminal D and the 5-volt reference circuit terminal E. Verify the scan tool TP sensor 1 voltage parameter is greater than 4.8 V.
If less than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
Test for 4.8–5.2 V between the TP sensor 2 signal circuit terminal F and ground.
If less than specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
If greater than specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.
If all circuits and connections test normal, replace the Q38 throttle body assembly.
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:44 AM   #4
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Did you undo the battery positive terminal to reset after the reduced power warning?

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #5
Madmax1

@KillboyPowerhead, The issues start 20 min after I replaced the throttle body, I have been driving the car for the last year and a half after the conversion without any issues, I replaced the accelerator pedal sensor too and still doing the same. Thank you for the info.

Last edited by Madmax1; 02-10-2022 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:35 AM   #6
NOT A 45

Quote:
The issues start 20 min after I replaced the throttle body, I have been driving the car for the last year and a half after the conversion without any issues, I replaced the accelerator pedal sensor too and still doing the same. Thank you for the info.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. After you replaced the throttle body, did the codes go away? Also, the app has nothing to do with the codes that were set. If it's giving you a reduced power message and no codes are being set, I'd be suspecting a ecm problem. System is simple, throttle body-6wires-ecm. We know it's not the Throttle body, so if the wiring checks out the only thing left is the ecm. Another thing that leads me to believe it's the ecm is that it runs fine for 20 min. The diagnostic I sent you is out of the service manual for both codes. Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:37 AM   #7
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Perhaps clean the mass airflow sensor.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:54 PM   #8
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:

My 2011 Camaro SS LS3 had the same issue. Similar codes and my Camaro went into "limp mode" unexpectedly like on a highway which is DANGEROUS. I replaced the gas pedal and it all went away. There are MANY posts in this forum highlighting the exact issue that you are having.

Try replacing the gas pedal, it costs $70 and is MUCH CHEAPER than replacing a throttle body. You can replace the gas pedal yourself, it's 3 (10 mm) screws. The hardest part is twisting your body under the dash to remove and replace the pedal.
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 01:22 PM   #9
NOT A 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_SS View Post
My 2011 Camaro SS LS3 had the same issue. Similar codes and my Camaro went into "limp mode" unexpectedly like on a highway which is DANGEROUS. I replaced the gas pedal and it all went away. There are MANY posts in this forum highlighting the exact issue that you are having.

Try replacing the gas pedal, it costs $70 and is MUCH CHEAPER than replacing a throttle body. You can replace the gas pedal yourself, it's 3 (10 mm) screws. The hardest part is twisting your body under the dash to remove and replace the pedal.
He has already replaced the accelerator pedal. Similar codes aren't the same codes! P0223 and P0122 refer to the circuit between the ecm and throttle body. Not the circuit between the pedal and ecm. Smh
Old 02-04-2022, 04:30 PM   #10
HyperV117

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I would double check the connector for the throttle body. If the issue started after the swap and it's still doing when you reverted back there might be something wrong with the connector.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:55 PM   #11
jesse121pm

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss 45th anniversary
Check the battery, I know it sounds stupid but same thing happened on my camaro. It put every light on the dash and reduced power. Rpm's didnt work on the dash and it was the battery. These cars do funny things when the batteries are running low.
jesse121pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 05:16 PM   #12
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Check all the connecter pins to make sure all the pins are seated properly .
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #13
Madmax1

throttle codes are gone, just the random misfiring code still showing up. only thing I didnt replaced is the battery. Thank you everyone for the input.