Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Some people get it and others don't

Last weekend we did quite a bit of driving in the camaro. I notice some camaro owners are true enthusiasts and others might as well be driving a camry. I like it when fellow owners acknowledge each other not diss you by ignoring....... this should all start at the dealership when people are looking to buy a new car. the sales people should qualify the buyers and find out if they will be able to handle the responsibilities of owning such a car......
Old 05-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
Last weekend we did quite a bit of driving in the camaro. I notice some camaro owners are true enthusiasts and others might as well be driving a camry. I like it when fellow owners acknowledge each other not diss you by ignoring....... this should all start at the dealership when people are looking to buy a new car. the sales people should qualify the buyers and find out if they will be able to handle the responsibilities of owning such a car......
It's like jeep people too, some people wave, some don't. Same with corvettes. Some people just don't have friends....
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post

I ran into a lady with a teenaged daughter in Traverse City, MI on Saturday driving a 2SS/RS Convertible. The poor lady!! She was parked next to me and when I came out of the store I ACTUALLY sprinted up to her! (and that ain't pretty!) haha

I think she had her mace trained at my face while I was explaining to her that I sell these cars, that the one next to her was mine and that I hadn't seen a convertible up close in real life yet! TEE HEE!! She then became really nice and let me look her car over closely.

You just never know what you're going to run accross.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Frankly I never understood why you would wave to a stranger just because they drive the same type of car as you. I guess everyone that drives a minivan should wave to each other.
How do you know the guy isn't an A-hole, Axe murderer, or a drug dealer? Just because they drive camaros doesn't mean they're people I want to hang with.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
I think about it , but never do.
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Texas2SS
Vroom

Drives: Rarely
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Frankly I never understood why you would wave to a stranger just because they drive the same type of car as you. I guess everyone that drives a minivan should wave to each other.
How do you know the guy isn't an A-hole, Axe murderer, or a drug dealer? Just because they drive camaros doesn't mean they're people I want to hang with.
Waving isn't suggesting that you want to hang out with the person or be best friends. It's an acknowledgement of the vehicle you and they chose to buy and your enthusiasm for them.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
It's funny, this totally applies to all the people who love their cars, but not on such a grand scale.

I drive a 96 Mustang Cobra on the weekends and I get acknowledged by people driving mainly mustang GTs [most of whom give me negative looks cuz they're jealous ] and other Cobras. I get straight up harassed by Camaros and Mopars. For some reason imports love trying to toy with me also.

In the Camaro though, even though I have a V6 it's like everyone loves it except the few bitter mopar and mustang owners.

I grew up in a GM; specifically Chevy/Olds house; My grandfather was a Chevy/Olds dealer for 35 years. But I've always had the opinion that a sweeeeet ride is a sweet ride. No question.
I'm not Car-ist
Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Most people are not paying you any attention whatsoever.
No matter what you drive.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Most people view their car simply as a way to get from point A to point B. It will never be more than "steel on wheels" to them. Others of us view it as an extension of our personality, even if we don't realize it. We want to be like the Camaro and command attention, and have to power to tromp on those that challenge us! Take some time to watch people get in and out of their cars at the grocery store. You'll see that allot of them actually look like their car, or at least look like their personality matches it's characteristics. That's why Toyota Prius owners deserve our sympathy...

Here endeth my psychology lesson for the day.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
I'm not a fan of the wave, but will return one if waved at.

Reason being, I own a Camaro, a Jeep, and a sportbike. One hand can only wave so much before it becomes meaningless and tiresome...
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Keep in mind, a lot of current (and future) camaro buyers/owners only bought the car because of the exposure it got from the Transformer movies, a faddish thing to have. But who cares, as long as they are selling. I don't get why it is important and some people make it a big deal when a Camaro driver next to them or driving by them does not acknowledge them. Like said above, many treat cars as mere transportation to get from A to B. My wife could care less what car she drives. I on the other hand, well, I gotta have me my whips!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #12
camaroqueen
Jules11 is home!

Drives: 2SS/RS/M-6 RJT/BLK 'Vert
Send a message via AIM to camaroqueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Most people view their car simply as a way to get from point A to point B. It will never be more than "steel on wheels" to them. Others of us view it as an extension of our personality, even if we don't realize it. We want to be like the Camaro and command attention, and have to power to tromp on those that challenge us! Take some time to watch people get in and out of their cars at the grocery store. You'll see that allot of them actually look like their car, or at least look like their personality matches it's characteristics. That's why Toyota Prius owners deserve our sympathy...

Here endeth my psychology lesson for the day.
Hahaha Funny
camaroqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
coolman

I'm not a big fan of the wave either ,but I am a big time car lover. Having a passion for cars has nothing to do with not wanted to way to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that drives the same car as you. I like to get to know someone before I try to be their bud. You never know the the guy you wave too could be a nut case that you don't want anything to do with.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #14
Autobots
Roll out!

Drives: 2010 ss/rs ls3
I see your point a car is a car....but thats for cars like a camry or a fiesta, no one buys a challenger or mustang or a camaro just for a its a car. Its the looks and the history to the cars or the power the reason ppl would want one of them so if you drive one then you have to have some kinda love for them it just might not be your style to show it. I dont wave to other camaro ppl but i do the 2 finger hello..lol