Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
jsetht

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LS
2010 Camaro LS Clutch Problems

I bought a 2010 Camaro LS feb 2010. Since then the vehicle has had mutliple issues. The interior keeps falling apart (the seats) and has been in the shop three times, and had a rental vehicle twice. On top of that, the car's air bag failure system light was on and it had to have maintenance done for that. It then had to have its tire pressure monitor system worked on because it said failure. They charged me for that saying it was general maintenance due to rotating your tires, but up to that point, my tires had not been rotated. The key also fell apart because it would not stay together, and when I tried to use it messed up to start my car, it locked down and they towed it in. Now I was stuck in a traffic jam this past thursday after a tornado went through my town. I was on the interstate and started smelling like burning wires. Well I was on onstar trying to get a tow and during that time smoke starts pouring out of my car. At first I thought that it was over heating but my temp gauge was not even to the 1/2 mark. It took them two days to tow it so I drove the remainder few miles to my house, when I was in my driveway I was loosing power trying to back, my rpm's were droping. GM finally towed it on day two, to the closest dealer. This dealer charged my 15 bucks for gas and said my car was fine and they drove it around for 30 minutes of normal operations. Said that there were no issues with my clutch and when i tried to say there was they told me they drive Camaros everyday and would know. I then asked to have it towed to the delearship I bought it and they refused too. So i drove it (40 mins) to there, as soon as I got there they instantly said something was wrong, and it has been there since last friday. They are saying it is my clutch plate and fly-wheel, and saying I am responsible for 1805.00 without tax for the repairs, because it is from hot-rodding. I dont understand how one certfied technician can say it is fine then it breaks on down and now I am responsible??? Are there any reported issues with the clutch systems??
jsetht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
yes, there are many issues witrh the clutch pedal sticking to the floor,etc the dealers have a tsb but it says that is because of abuse by the customer and they will not replace any under warranty. It's B.s. look in the trans/driveline threads you will see MANY posts about it there. Good luck to you.I have had my tranny replaced at 3500 miles and the clutch pedal has stuck on me twice with no fix. The rear end has a growl due to the posi clutches sticking,they have drained refilled with the fluid the tsb suggested still does it,they say they can't duplicate it. More B.S.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
the more i hear these horror stories the happier i am that i bought my 2002 Trans Am instead of the 2011 Camaro...no offense to those suffering, it truly sucks that you guys have new cars with soooo many problems.
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
joeyisapimp
Control > Speed

Drives: 2010 Black LS
i have a 2010 ls as well and ill be the first in line to vouch for 2nd gear being as rough as any car i have ever driven...ever. 2nd is ALWAYS rough and every time i shift i honestly say there is a 1 in 5 chance of 2nd gear blowing up beneath my seat haha.

i havent said anything to my dealer due to everyone else getting shut down by their dealers...however if it gets any worse i have no choice..
Old 05-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Your dealer is bending you over and not using vaseline. You are getting screwed BIG time. Get away from them fast. Find another dealer.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Your dealer is lying to you and screwing you. It also seems like you got yourself a bad build, because I know that myself and many other members have not had the problems you've had with our cars.

I hope you can get these things fixed to your satisfaction, and with minimal impact on your pocketbook. Hopefully this experience doesn't sour you on the Camaro experience.

Yet another reason the automatic is the better choice. (yeah M6 guys, I went there ITT )
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Perhaps the clutch is now ruined because it was partially disengaged and slipping due to the slave cylinder not releasing it fully. You may need to use the lemon law and your states Attorney General office.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
jsetht, have you been in contact with our Customer Assistance team to see what we can do for you? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
the more i hear these horror stories the happier i am that i bought my 2002 Trans Am instead of the 2011 Camaro...no offense to those suffering, it truly sucks that you guys have new cars with soooo many problems.
Dude, these issues are FEW and FAR between-I drive my LS EVERYDAY, she's got 32k on her and I have NOT had a SINGLE ISSUE with her, in fact, she's running better than ever and I'm lovin' EVERY minute of it! BEST car I ever bought hands down, and I've had MANY cars and truck over my 37 years of driving..

Tags
camaro defects, camaro issues, camaro ls clutch problems