Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Camaro Nationals June 2011

Hello fellow camaro owners, Just wanted to inform those of you who usually go to the Camaro nationals in carlisle Pa , that they have been moved to Fredrick MD about 60 miles south . Iam playing lobbiest for the Maryland Camaro club, they are trying to get as many cars as possible to help get this new location just as big as Carlisle or bigger, Any questions contact MCC president April (4camaros) on camaro5. or go over to nastyz28.com and check out the link there andy
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
010 Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
So we must decide...
All GM Nationals - Carlisle Penn
Camaro Nationals - Maryland...
Both shows on the same date...
010 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Yea good question - Same date? Seems a bit odd to me for they to try to compete against each other. Why not share the wealth? I was looking forward to the Carlisle experience this year since I couldn't make last year.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
We are having the same problem with the club as a group apparently If i get the jist of what 4 camaros has said is that there have been problems for the past 5 yrs between the A.C.A and owners of the carlisle fair grounds who put on the nationals. So the contract was running out anyway, and they decided to move away from GM nationals and have a fresh start where they could run the program as they felt would be good to all of us. Plus like the BBOMG, all left over money goes to a battered women and children's charity . Instead of going into sombodys pocket.
you can hit Carlisle on the way home sunday we might. Any questions contact 4 camaros (april)
Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Yea good question - Same date? Seems a bit odd to me for they to try to compete against each other. Why not share the wealth? I was looking forward to the Carlisle experience this year since I couldn't make last year.
Hey Scott...Yeah...They were having issues in the past...We were there last
show in June...I was NOT impressed at all with the ACA...So
who's at fault Carlisle or ACA...
Old 11-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
4Camaros

Drives: 72, 81, 68, 98
Carlisle's management became more and more difficult to deal with. The ACA had an annual contract to have the Camaro Nationals on the Carlisle facility. The Camaro Nationals were a stand-alone show and the GM Nationals were built around them by Carlisle Productions. The Camaro Nationals were NEVER a Carlisle production. Since folks have already started planning time off, etc. to attend the Nationals, we kept the show the same weekend as it's been for years - the weekend after Father's Day.

The ACA held the Camaro Nationals at Carlisle for 12 years and they have asked the Maryland Camaro Club to take it over, rather than letting the Nationals as we knew them - die.

010 Camaro SS - what did you have issues with at the 2010 Nationals? If you can give me specific problems, I can try to insure the problem doesn't perpetuate to the new location.
4Camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
CanadianCamaro

Alright. Thanks foe the info boys

Calling all members of the ACC!!!!! Let's discuss this now and try to decide where the Canadian Caravan wants to go. Then we can get in on some group hotel rates!!! Regardless of where, this year I'M IN!!!!

Old 11-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
racelance

Drives: Corvette
The ACA is headed to another location. We enjoyed working with them in the past and we certainly wish them much success with their future events. The Carlisle GM Nationals, which will be held June 24-26, 2011, will be another great year. We’ve got a lot planned for this event and we’ll continue to put forth our strongest efforts to ensure each and every person that attends this event is smiling upon their departure and eager to return the following year. As many of you know, we host 10 events a year and strive to make every attendee, vendor and sponsor happy so they continue to come back year after year. The Carlisle GM Nationals is no different.

As a matter of fact, our team and I just got back from SEMA and have been working closely with various groups to ensure this year’s transition is a good one for everyone involved. Our friendly team work hard at each of our shows, we listen closely to our attendees whenever there is feedback. We’ll continue to strive to make the Carlisle GM Nationals event the very best in the country. Your feedback will help us improve and we’ll do our best to make the adjustments necessary moving forward. We will have plenty of Camaro’s at the event; I we certainly hope the Canadian contingency continues attending our event - we truly appreciate your support!

I appreciate your consideration and hope to meet you at the event.

Sincerely,

Lance Miller
Co-Owner Carlisle Events

PS I’ll have Rick Markko, the Carlisle GM Nationals event manager, post some of the current upcoming plans for this year’s event.
racelance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by racelance View Post
The ACA is headed to another location. We enjoyed working with them in the past and we certainly wish them much success with their future events. The Carlisle GM Nationals, which will be held June 24-26, 2011, will be another great year. We’ve got a lot planned for this event and we’ll continue to put forth our strongest efforts to ensure each and every person that attends this event is smiling upon their departure and eager to return the following year. As many of you know, we host 10 events a year and strive to make every attendee, vendor and sponsor happy so they continue to come back year after year. The Carlisle GM Nationals is no different.

As a matter of fact, our team and I just got back from SEMA and have been working closely with various groups to ensure this year’s transition is a good one for everyone involved. Our friendly team work hard at each of our shows, we listen closely to our attendees whenever there is feedback. We’ll continue to strive to make the Carlisle GM Nationals event the very best in the country. Your feedback will help us improve and we’ll do our best to make the adjustments necessary moving forward. We will have plenty of Camaro’s at the event; I we certainly hope the Canadian contingency continues attending our event - we truly appreciate your support!

I appreciate your consideration and hope to meet you at the event.

Sincerely,

Lance Miller
Co-Owner Carlisle Events

PS I’ll have Rick Markko, the Carlisle GM Nationals event manager, post some of the current upcoming plans for this year’s event.
Hey Lance...Looking forward to seeing what's in store
for your show...Keep us posted...
Old 11-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #10
CanadianCamaro

Thanks to both Lance and to Andy/April for the information. We're not going to split the crowd here. I'm happy that you have both posted information in the Canadian section and I would invite both events to continue to do so. If it's at all possible I'd like to try to hit both events. We'll see.

For the benefit of any of us Canadians thinking of taking the drive down, please, post up the information you have and we'll keep checking this thread!

Last edited by CanadianCamaro; 11-07-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Alright. Thanks foe the info boys

Calling all members of the ACC!!!!! Let's discuss this now and try to decide where the Canadian Caravan wants to go. Then we can get in on some group hotel rates!!! Regardless of where, this year I'M IN!!!!
Of course we're in also ... BUT now is which one to go to.
Which one will have the most Camaros / C5s. I don't think we can do both cause Sunday is usually the closing ceremonies...So stopping at GMN will be a waste of time if we head to the CN...IMO...
Now will the Camaro Nationals have just as much activities as the GM N?
Are we going there to look at all GM cars or basically the Camaros?
Like Scott says we have to decide on which one
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
camarorick

Drives: .
Lots of time to decide :emoticon7:........
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
010 Camaro SS

Don't forget also guys Ontario Camaro Nationals also...
In Ste Catherines...near Niagara Falls...Last year went
not bad show at all...June 10-11-12 are the dates...I
booked at the host hotel when we left last year there were
no more rooms left when we decided to go...
Old 11-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 010 Camaro SS View Post
Don't forget also guys Ontario Camaro Nationals also...
In Ste Catherines...near Niagara Falls...Last year went
not bad show at all...June 10-11-12 are the dates...I
booked at the host hotel when we left last year there were
no more rooms left when we decided to go...
Hmmmmmm..... maybe we should consider this one instead
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote