Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #15
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
LOL i just know how the vapor system works. I know that the canister vent valve is supposed to open when the ignition is off, closed when ignition is powered. I know that the fuel tank pressure sensor montiors the sealed tank pressure and commands the canister purge solenoid under the hood when pressure reaches a set limit, and pulls a specified amount of vacuum on the tank. Usually, if someone has issues filling the tank, its because the vent valve is not open and the back pressure created when filling the tank, causes the fill pump to shut off.
Say wut? You lost me after the first sentence.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #16
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I didn’t know that, but for some odd reason...I stop on the first click...
I do too.

When it comes to rental however, I fill it until I see the gas start to overflow. I prefer not to get gas close to the airport where it is more expensive.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:01 PM   #17
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
Canister vent valve stuck closed.
Thanks for the response and sorry for the vagueness. Little more on it. The needle reads 3/4. On the pumps side it clicks at 10 gallons and I know that it needed more and figured it was the pump the first time it happened. I hit it again and gas spit out like it was overfilled.

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:46 PM   #18
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
When you are filling it up, fill it slowly. If you're having pressure issues, getting it to fill as fast as it can just builds up more pressure. Try putting it on the first notch while filling. (hope that makes sense)
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel