Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Hey...what happened to the "He's trying to blackmail us..." post by Joe Healy that was here around 4:15 this afternoon?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #16
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Hey...what happened to the "He's trying to blackmail us..." post by Joe Healy that was here around 4:15 this afternoon?
That's what I was wondering as well. Plus it got moved out of the TX section.

From reading the other post by members, It doesn't look like Lone Star Chevy is a place I'll be going to anytime soon. May be they are trying to take the place of Land Shark Chevy since they aren't around anymore.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wow this story sux.... Call GM, the BBB, and your State Attorney Generals office and file complaints...

As far as the police asking you to leave... They have to... It's a private bizz and they have the right to ask you to leave even if they are crooks...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #18
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
I didn't see it but I heard about it.

The first action in any defense is to destroy ones credibility. (again I am being attacked)

I posted facts. What is considered reasonable compensation can be called whatever one wants to call it.

It is subjective.

I will build my webpage after my sons football practice this Saturday.

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!

Last edited by Blackfly; 08-11-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I had initial questions about it that have been resolved, so the post was reapproved.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #20
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
interesting, but i still will not go back to buy another car from them... they refused to reduce the "Market Adjustment" they placed on my car last July, and required me to put $2000 more down after they already "pre-approved" me for a $7500 down payment when i initially ordered and placed a deposit. that tapped into my headers fund and i had to wait 4 months to get those i felt like they were trying to get me to back out of the deal so they could keep my deposit and sell it the next hour to someone else.

also, every time my dad takes his truck in to get his $10 oil change they harrass us into claiming the car needs all these other fluids changed for a ridiculous amount (coolant=$150, transmission=$130, gear lube=$100, power steering=$250, etc...(not actual amounts, but close)). the truck has 150k miles and the only fluid that has been changed is the motor oil when the oil life indicator comes on and we changed the trans & gear oil at 100k miles ourselves for less than $100. truck still performs like it did when new with zero leaks.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #21
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Healy View Post
This is a response to the issue in your postings. I know that most people will see the truth and come to the right conclusion after reading your demands.

First and foremost on behalf of Lone Star Chevrolet and our management team we sincerely tried to work with you with utmost class and ethics.

As specified Lone Star Chevrolet was more than willing to have you bring your 2011 Camaro 2SS down to the dealership to buff the scratches. In the event the buff did not produce a clean fix we were willing to replace the decals.

Lone Star Chevrolet is proud to have won the prestigious Dealer of the Year for 9 years and counting because of extraordinary sales and service.

This is nothing more than Highway Robbery!

Here is the outlook he sent to me with his request:

[FONT=Verdana]

Mr. Healy,

Rather than argue with you I have forwarded my issue to a GM Representative whom is above the management at your location. I have not DEMANDED anything or made any threats. You asked what would make me happy and I responded.

There have been customers, before me, who have been improperly treated at your location as well. Google "Lone Star Chevrolet Customer Service"

There are some bad apples representing your establishment and that needs to be dealt with.

I will let Corporate deal with your sales representatives.

Your approach to this issue is childish.

As mentioned in my email to corporate"... I ask you to look into this issue. Pull video of my visit there on August 3rd (around 6-ish) when I discussed my simple request to replace my rear deck stripe for scratches that were there BEFORE I purchased my vehicle.

If you had been treated in this manner at a restaurant or any place for that matter, would you expect the establishment to go above and beyond the expectations of the customer? PWOM/NWOM"

At this point I only expect your establishment to go above and beyond expectations. You have not tried to negotiate a resolution with me directly.

I posted exactly what happened. The truth speaks for itself.

Under what circumstance is calling me a liar and threatening to arrest me considered ethical and classy?

You did say you would take care of me, so I brought my car in, then your sales representative insulted me then threatened me.

I will not get into a pissing match with you. It's all there in my original post. There is no deviation from the truth.

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #22
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wow... That place sux.... Good thing there are other dealers to choose from, even if it's a bit of a drive....
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #23
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Sux for them, because I live in TX< and am a salesman's wet dream. If am I on your lot, there is a good chance you can get me to buy a car... I live in TX, and work from time to time all over TX. I waste time all by roaming lots.

Probably why I have bought 4 new cars in the past 15 months.. (non of them in the town i live in)

And now I know--to not ROAM their lot..
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #24
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
Wow... That place sux.... Good thing there are other dealers to choose from, even if it's a bit of a drive....
Worst part about it is.... my car is currently in the Lone Star service bay.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:02 AM   #25
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
for fun i might take my car up there for some warranty work and see what they say once they pop the hood lol
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
Berean

Drives: Truck
Sounds like a stereotypical sleazy dealer but LOL at trying to get them to give you a supercharger and 21" wheels.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #27
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Sounds like a stereotypical sleazy dealer but LOL at trying to get them to give you a supercharger and 21" wheels.
Your scratches were never worthy of thousands of dollars in aftermarket performance parts. That would be compensating spilled milk with a truckload of filet mignon.

The dealer is responsible for fixing what is wrong. You are responsible with having reasonable demands of the dealer. A supercharger does not fix a scratch, and it is not a reasonable demand.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
There is a reason why McDonald's paid 1 million dollars to a person who spilled hot coffee on herself.

It may see like a gross amount to some of us.. But when a company is in the wrong, which clearly this dealership is.. And on top of that, they treat you so horrible, and call the cops on you etc.. Then why can't you ask to be compensated for it.

You may not get it. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

When I go out to dinner, and they royally screw up my order, or take an extra long time serving us.. I expect them to try to keep my future business. They don't "have" to comp my meal, or give me a free dessert. They can simply stand on their crappy product, and crappy service, and hope that works for them in the long run. But I can tell you. If I have a horrible experience, I will not go back - unless they are apologetic, and own up to it, and try to make it right.

example: TX Roadhouse (steakhouse)-- in Washington PA--- It was our first time eating there. Our steaks were cooked 2 stages above what we requested. They were tiny cuts, and one person got a sirloin and asked for a Rib eye, and at first they tried to convince us that it was a Rib eye.

We were all irritated. talking about that this was the first and last time we would ever step foot in that restaurant or that chain (talking amongst ourselves, not making a scene or anything)- The manager came out. Comped the entire meal, gave us all (4 adults) vouchers for free meals the next time we come in.

A few months later, we tried it again.. They were great. Food was great, service was great, quick, pleasant experience. It truly was just a mix of bad things that happened to us, that was out of the norm.

TX roadhouse became one of our favorite places to dine, and now we live in TX and we still go there. It is great.

Now if they would have not righted their wrong, they would have lost my business for a long time, if not forever, but they went out of their way to correct their mistakes. and it paid off for them in the long run..

hell my family just at there last night (70 dollar bill)--
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote