Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #29
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
PS- he will not get a supercharger out of it... lol...

But it should be fixed, he should get a nice loaner, while the work is being done. They should detail his car for him (if he allows them to touch it again) And maybe an accessory cash comp or something. (Maybe 500 bucks or so)-- I mean after all, they did call the cops on him for no reason right?
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #30
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
PS- he will not get a supercharger out of it... lol...

But it should be fixed, he should get a nice loaner, while the work is being done. They should detail his car for him (if he allows them to touch it again) And maybe an accessory cash comp or something. (Maybe 500 bucks or so)-- I mean after all, they did call the cops on him for no reason right?
I'm right there with you. If the dealer has a quality owner or general manager, then the issue will be addressed with an apology and a promise to fix what's wrong. There might even be an offer for a free tire rotation, oil change, and detail. I simply can't see, after all of this expense, the dealer offering much more than that.

Allow me to throw into the equation how GM's customer surveys work. When customers buy a car, they get a survey. If that survey does not have enough perfect responses on certain questions, that dealer will not receive certain bonuses. With smaller markups in cars these days, these bonuses make a huge difference for dealers. Going into this issue, the dealer probably knew the survey was not going to be perfect, meaning that any extra effort is meaningless. After all, the odds that you'll come back to the same person in 3 or more years is pretty low, and that person is not dependent on your future business in the same way a restaurant might be. As a consequence, if the salesperson has a difficult customer, the salesperson has less incentive to go above and beyond the call of duty after the sale.

This is just looking at the issue through another pair of eyes. Now, my perspective is not one involved in this situation. I didn't witness anything, and I'm not taking sides. I will say that it sounds like a case of someone asking for an awful lot of a general manager with better, more important things to do. It also sounds like a general manager who didn't do his basic job of serving his customers.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #31
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
A Representative of GM has contacted me and is working on getting this issue resolved. I respect said representatives point of view on this matter. I appreciate him calling me directly to hear my story.

I only TRULY only asked them to "EXCEEDE EXPECTATIONS" for Insulting me, embarrassing me and treating me like I was insignificant after purchasing a vehicle from them less than 3 weeks prior.

What they choose to do is up to them. What they feel is reasonable compensation will speak volumes of their "comitment" to be considered "...the prestigious Dealer of the Year for 9 years and counting because of extraordinary sales and service."

I responded to what would make me happy. I'm sure that list would make any Camaro enthusiast happy. There is a lot of room between them doing nothing to resolve this and "exceeding expectations".

I had not intended to post any communication between the dealership and myself as that is a private matter. I will post "this issue has (/is not) been resolved" if and when we get to that point.

What the dealership decides to post is their business.

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!

Last edited by Blackfly; 08-12-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #32
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm right there with you. If the dealer has a quality owner or general manager, then the issue will be addressed with an apology and a promise to fix what's wrong. There might even be an offer for a free tire rotation, oil change, and detail. I simply can't see, after all of this expense, the dealer offering much more than that.

Allow me to throw into the equation how GM's customer surveys work. When customers buy a car, they get a survey. If that survey does not have enough perfect responses on certain questions, that dealer will not receive certain bonuses. With smaller markups in cars these days, these bonuses make a huge difference for dealers. Going into this issue, the dealer probably knew the survey was not going to be perfect, meaning that any extra effort is meaningless. After all, the odds that you'll come back to the same person in 3 or more years is pretty low, and that person is not dependent on your future business in the same way a restaurant might be. As a consequence, if the salesperson has a difficult customer, the salesperson has less incentive to go above and beyond the call of duty after the sale.

This is just looking at the issue through another pair of eyes. Now, my perspective is not one involved in this situation. I didn't witness anything, and I'm not taking sides. I will say that it sounds like a case of someone asking for an awful lot of a general manager with better, more important things to do. It also sounds like a general manager who didn't do his basic job of serving his customers.
We seem to be pretty much on the same page, but I do disagree with you on the highlighted point above.

You might not have the sames salesperson. But your experience dictates if you will be a repeat customer at their dealership.

And the car business is largely about good word of mouth, repeat customers, referrals, and customer service. and of course pricing.

There is a reason that Tons of people on this site have bought from CamaroScotty and the rest of the great sales reps on this site. It would be much easier to go a few miles down the road and deal with someone in person, but he along with the others, have given great prices, great service, and great follow up. I have no doubt that folks looking at a convertible upgrade, or z28, or a few years down the road when a major refresh happens, that he will have tons of repeat customers.

But the dealership in this post will not have as many repeat customers, and it sounds like several people have had issues with them, and that reflects poorly on them. So I can promise you, that I wouldn't buy from them either.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #33
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
You might not have the sames salesperson. But your experience dictates if you will be a repeat customer at their dealership.

And the car business is largely about good word of mouth, repeat customers, referrals, and customer service. and of course pricing.
Hear. Hear.

I do want to add. My attitude, up until I was called a liar, was not cocky or disrespectful. I followed through every level of management respectfully and gentlemanly. I kindly asked for the manager, above the one I was speaking to at the moment, to let me speak to his boss as I wanted to speak with someone who could make a decision.

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #34
Double G
Houston Boy

Drives: Inferno Orange V6 2010 Camaro
Yeah I live about 5 minutes down the freeway from Lone Star and when I tried ask them about their invintory of Camaro's they would completely blow me off (I was 17 and it was a year ago when they were going for 5k over sticker. Munday Chevy gave us a good deal btw
-So on friday I scheduled an appointment to get my oil changed at Lone Star cause it's close. I called and they said it'd take 20 minutes tops cause I had an appointment. I was in there for 4 hours!
Forget you Lone Star!
Double G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #35
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red

I think lonestar can be a little cocky at times.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double G View Post
Yeah I live about 5 minutes down the freeway from Lone Star and when I tried ask them about their invintory of Camaro's they would completely blow me off (I was 17 and it was a year ago when they were going for 5k over sticker. Munday Chevy gave us a good deal btw
-So on friday I scheduled an appointment to get my oil changed at Lone Star cause it's close. I called and they said it'd take 20 minutes tops cause I had an appointment. I was in there for 4 hours!
Forget you Lone Star!
they used to have a sign that said 30 minute oil change or its free... well too many people got free oil changes so they quit advertizing it, but forgot to take the 30 minute or free sign down. well my dad had them on a stop watch and they didn't hand him the keys for 32 minutes. when they tried to make him pay, he refused because the sign was still up. next time he was in there the sign was gone.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote