Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #15
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bit View Post
So it started about 5 or 6 times then it almost acted like a dying starter or battery so I charged the battery over night and then as soon as I turned the key this morning it blew the fuse. And the starter was really weak sounding also. It didn't want to crank.

Check your grounds. Also, check everything to do with that starter. The alternator line going to it and everything. Electrical gremlins are the worst. Just takes time to track them down. Try calling some junk yards and see if you can find a fuse box and swap em out.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:08 PM   #16
lil-bit

Drives: 2000 SS
Ok so the starter was dead. I replaced it with a brand new one. Started perfect. Ran for about 30 min. Went to start it again and acted like a dead starter again... So I think I've pinned it to that but what's causing the starter to die. I tried to keep turning it over and the starter started smoking bad. So I know this one is fried too. But what's killing them.... Anyone had this before ?
lil-bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:14 AM   #17
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Might be time to turn the engine over manually, make sure nothings tight internally.
Have you checked there is a good engine earth?
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #18
lil-bit

Drives: 2000 SS
Does anyone know the 2 small wires connected on the battery positive terminal in the trunk... What they are for ?
lil-bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #19
Brian713

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My ecm 1 fuse keeps blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bit View Post
2010 by Camaro 70k miles.
No mods completely stock car.

A while back we had the AC go out. We took it to the dealer and the came back saying it was a bad fuse box under the hood. Which is like 260 dollars only problem is the part is back ordered everywhere. That's fine we'll now. The car doesn't start. We changed the battery alternator and the starter. Keeps giving us a U0100 code Wich is no power to ecm. When I pull the fuse its blown so I replaced it with another 15 amo fuse. It starts then when I turn off and try to repeat the fuse is blown again. I tried going through the wiring I don't see any physical damage. Could it by the actual fuse box causing this. Since we can't even get the part it's hard to just sit and wait in hopes that it's that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Bro did you ever find out what the problem was? My ecm 1 fuse blows when I try to start the car sometimes, then I switch the fuse and wait around 10 minutes and the car is up and running. It blows every 5 or 6 days, but I changed my starter and battery, but I still have the fuse blow.
Brian713 is offline   Reply With Quote