Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
I feel your pain!

It finally happened.

Yep... a '99 Lexus RX300 decided that instead of waiting in traffic, he would make a U-Turn from the #1 lane without looking to see if anyone was in the middle lane to his left (making a left).

$5k worth of damage, because he turned into me so hard that it bent my right front A-arm and the entire right side of my car, from front bumper to rear quarter panel, needs repaired.

For almost 6 years I've kept this beauty as pristine as I possibly can, meanwhile cringing as others post grizzly photos of their Camaros' carnage. Well, it's my turn...
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
So sad to to see, you have my sympathy. I also live in fear of that situation. Always tell my son to look out for the other guy!
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
You did all you can do to keep your car nice over the years and one idiot comes along. Glad you weren't hurt and as the saying goes, your car can get fixed.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
hope they had insurance.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
Natti337

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LT
i'm sorry =( glad you're ok though
Natti337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
5thGenOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
hope they had insurance.
He did, thankfully! And just got the call yesterday that they are accepting 100% responsibility (not that it was a question).

Thanks everyone! Be safe out there and enjoy your weekend!

Edit: I'm driving a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 4cyl as a rental, and I have to say that the engine is impressive (without knowing the cost). But they cram so damn many gadgets into this car that it probably cost as much as my SS did, when I bought it new. Also, being the first boosted engine I've driven... I think prefer N/A, it's just more predictable. The Mustang's exterior styling has grown on me, but I think the interior could be laid out better, and with less shiny materials. I literally have to block my eyes from the reflection of the sun off all the brushed steel looking pieces. Overall though, I'd take my wife's FRS over the ecoboost 4 banger Mustang... it's just more enjoyable to drive and would smoke the Mustang on any twisty road.

Last edited by 5thGenOwner; 08-01-2015 at 10:03 AM.
5thGenOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
He did, thankfully! And just got the call yesterday that they are accepting 100% responsibility (not that it was a question).

Edit: I'm driving a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 4cyl as a rental, and I have to say that the engine is impressive (without knowing the cost). But they cram so damn many gadgets into this car that it probably cost as much as my SS did, when I bought it new. Also, being the first boosted engine I've driven... I think prefer N/A, it's just more predictable. The Mustang's exterior styling has grown on me, but I think the interior could be laid out better, and with less shiny materials. I literally have to block my eyes from the reflection of the sun off all the brushed steel looking pieces. Overall though, I'd take my wife's FRS over the ecoboost 4 banger Mustang... it's just more enjoyable to drive and would smoke the Mustang on any twisty road.

Great news! Sounds like it's all going to work out. I had an F150 with an Ecoboost and I hated the lag, waiting on the turbo to kick in. Do you feel it in the Mustang?
Old 08-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #8
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I don't know what would keep me from saying, "How could you be this stupid?" Even with insurance. Theres mistakes like misjudgment of stop distance, and then theres complete idiocy such as this.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
What an a-hole! Gotta watch everyone... all the time.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #10
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Really sorry to hear it happened, glad it's getting fixed, glad you're ok.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #11
Ice-Forever

Drives: "Bette White" '11 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post

Lol you'd be surprised, bro...No joke one time a guy road raged on me and literally RAMMED my car with his truck, which was a ford...not a [Dodge] Ram...So it wasn't even punny...at all...but I digress.

He then backed up, as I was getting out of my car to beat some a$$, and swiped the car again as he pulled forward to take off and run away; The insurance company tried to claim 50/50 responsibility, because I "...didn't move out of the way after he hit me the first time and backed up..."...I was [almost] speechless when my lawyer told me that

It's a effed up world man...Glad you are alright, though; I would've gone ape shit on the guy/gal, lol.

Oh, and it was all good; I chased him down long enough to get his plates to call it in, and when they pulled him over for it they found drugs in the truck and he did a month in jail in THAT city, plus he still has 6+ [serious] warrants out for him in the town that it happened in...and I got a nice little check
- Bette White - '11 2SS/RS LS3 /w Driver-Mod, Hurst Short Throw, Rx CC+1LE CSS, Hawk HPS Pads, Apex Motorsports SkipShift Elim, Gen5DIY DRL Harness+P13W/11W/4300K Fogs/DRLs; Otherwise stock - Soon to be spoiled
Ice-Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #12
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Sorry about the damage; glad you're OK
Old 08-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Bummer dude you better get diminished value..... on the claim
Old 08-03-2015, 11:03 PM   #14
5thGenOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Great news! Sounds like it's all going to work out. I had an F150 with an Ecoboost and I hated the lag, waiting on the turbo to kick in. Do you feel it in the Mustang?
Yeah it's that lag that turns me off of turbos; I can't wait for Thursday and get my V8 back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Forever View Post
Lol you'd be surprised, bro...No joke one time a guy road raged on me and literally RAMMED my car with his truck, which was a ford...not a [Dodge] Ram...So it wasn't even punny...at all...but I digress.

He then backed up, as I was getting out of my car to beat some a$$, and swiped the car again as he pulled forward to take off and run away; The insurance company tried to claim 50/50 responsibility, because I "...didn't move out of the way after he hit me the first time and backed up..."...I was [almost] speechless when my lawyer told me that

It's a effed up world man...Glad you are alright, though; I would've gone ape shit on the guy/gal, lol.

Oh, and it was all good; I chased him down long enough to get his plates to call it in, and when they pulled him over for it they found drugs in the truck and he did a month in jail in THAT city, plus he still has 6+ [serious] warrants out for him in the town that it happened in...and I got a nice little check
I completely expected the guy would drive off... but he pulled in right behind me. I don't really remember what my exact first words were, though I'm certain what expression was on my face. But, if this guy was an ass he wouldn't have pulled over, so I took that into account and prayed that he had insurance!

I've seen many people, like you described, out there endangering people's lives on a daily basis... it is truly sad . Driving in traffic these days is a skill, and a week ago last Thursday... I blinked. I honestly dodge something like this $5k accident on a weekly basis, and just having a Camaro has saved me many a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Bummer dude you better get diminished value..... on the claim
I'm going to check into it, mine is a perfect case since the car was in almost pristine condition. I know insurance companies try to claim ignorance so I got some homework to do.