Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #29
Wender

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtguy View Post
Add a proper set of speakers (match the ohms/power level to the amp) and the system will come alive. Is it going to sound like a 1k watt full aftermarket setup. No, but it will sound a lot better than the stock paper/crappy speakers.

I have the following...
Doors: 6.5" Infinity Kappa co-axial 2 Ohm.
Rear Seats/Sail Panels: 6.5" Kicker Subwoofers, 2 Ohm
Hatch: 4" Pioneer co-axial 4 ohm.

Sounds great for a less than 250.00 upgrade. The whole dynamic range in sound is greatly improved.

I don't know about anyone else here, but the people who swear you don't need the hatch speakers, I think they're off their rockers or they have no idea how much you really hear them no matter what speakers are in the doors. (Maybe their super short and sit way close to the steering wheel???)

Do these sizes fit withOUT a bracket? I went on crutchfield to double check sizes and it sayd the front door speakers are 6-3/4, and that 6-1/2 need a bracket.
let me know what you think.
I'm about to buy your same set up, so i'm wondering if i need any brackets.

All the sizes on crutchfield are out of wack, if you tell me that all your stuff fit with the sizes you have listed i'm just gonna buy it the same.

thanks man.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #30
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Of all the late model Pontiacs, the LS1 Trans Am is going to be the most sought after, IMO.

...There will never be another Firebird, and they were really the epitome of over-the-top Pontiac styling (sans the Bonneville SSEi of the same vintage).
Agreed. I was big into Camaros and really thought nothing of Trans Ams until I actually sat down with the one I have and signed the papers. At first it as "A stupid low mile LS1 6spd for under 12? SOLD!"

But then the little things took hold, the over the top styling that was functional too.

Granted my car won't be as sought after as say, a 2002 LS1 car with it being the creme de la creme of the factory powerplants available for the car when it rolled off the line. But it's still an LS1 and god damnit I love it.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #31
ndtguy
^ Me. Things I write ~>

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ndtguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wender View Post
Do these sizes fit withOUT a bracket? I went on crutchfield to double check sizes and it sayd the front door speakers are 6-3/4, and that 6-1/2 need a bracket.
let me know what you think.
I'm about to buy your same set up, so i'm wondering if i need any brackets.

All the sizes on crutchfield are out of wack, if you tell me that all your stuff fit with the sizes you have listed i'm just gonna buy it the same.

thanks man.
I still have the box. On the box it states that the 6.529 Infinity Kappa's are 165mm across. Divide that by 25.4 (1 inch = 25.4mm) and it comes out as 6.49", so 6.5".

I just unscrewed the stock speakers, cut the wires and connnected the wires to the new speaker. Then screwed the new speaker in the same holes the old speaker came out of. I learned that although crutchfield knows a lot about most cars, they don't know that much about ours. Just remember that the speakers in the doors are 2 ohm.

If you follow my post, you'll be fine. 6.5" subs (2ohm only) in the sail panels and 4" co-axail 4 ohm speakers in the very back.

If you need any help, just pm me.

New DD: 2010 Camaro SS L99/A6 - bone stock.

Gone but not forgotten...
- 2001 Camaro SS m6 - SLP lid, free ram-air mod, poly sway bar bushings/end links, BMR springs and bilsteins.

- 1998 Trans Am m6, forged 347, T70;alky-water injection; intercooled, 208/230 .549/.579 121LSA, Moser 12 bolt, 561rwhp/611rwtq.
ndtguy is offline   Reply With Quote