Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
So am I SCREWED?

Ok I went on the 14th and my dealer what I wanted for the 2SS and said order it. So I keep checking back and they have not placed the order yet since they are waiting for a pull or something from GM on the first one they ordered. It was for a guy that 2 years ago said he wanted the car. Anyway they do not want to chance guy #2 or my car #3 that they have orders for coming before this guys.

My lease is up on April 15th and if 11-15k worth of cars have already been sold then I think I am screwed and will not get a car before then.

What do you guys think? I have checked other dealers and I would be like #8 or higher for them. So what do you think?
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
I think it will be the package you order and not your place in line that will determine when your Camaro is built.

If the dealer tried to contact him and he doesnt respond in two weeks, he should get skipped. Snooze you lose. Sounds like bs, how long do they plan to wait? I would find another dealer that will put your order in the system.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Yes, i think you are. I would go in and have a looong talk with those guys!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Ok I went on the 14th and my dealer what I wanted for the 2SS and said order it. So I keep checking back and they have not placed the order yet since they are waiting for a pull or something from GM on the first one they ordered. It was for a guy that 2 years ago said he wanted the car. Anyway they do not want to chance guy #2 or my car #3 that they have orders for coming before this guys.

My lease is up on April 15th and if 11-15k worth of cars have already been sold then I think I am screwed and will not get a car before then.

What do you guys think? I have checked other dealers and I would be like #8 or higher for them. So what do you think?
I would have it out with those guys a the dealer. They are so concerned about one guy then every one should just pull there orders and let this guy suport the entier dealer ship. Plus if you have already given them the money I dont think they can leagaly hold back on your order sence the guy has not paid them yet.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Tell them to put your order in as priority 2.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
jimbo57

Drives: 2010 SS, '06 EQUINOX, 72 MONTE
Quote:

did you get your confirmation code? my dealer said the initial orders won't be dropped until december. my lease is also up in may, and i'm 4th . if you have to make another months payment, it's not fatal in the scheme of things.
jimbo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

What's the dealers allotment? I've been told that their cars will be delivered at intervals so depending on their allotment it's possible that even if they give up on the guy and order #2 becomes number 1 and you become #2 that you may not get the car until after April.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Got my order # this afternoon. Priority 1
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Got my order # this afternoon. Priority 1
Crisis averted then?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Tell them to put your order in as priority 2.

The dealer can put the orders in the system and manually change the priority, So there is NO reason he should not put your order in.

EDIT: ooops...skipped some posts and see what happens!

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote