Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
BMR split drop installed

i recently installed the split drop on my ss however i can tell i need a wheel alignment and cambers bad! the wheel is tilted incorrectly. im going in for a wheel alignment monday, but what do i need for the cambers? i don't know too much about the adjustments needing to do. however ive seen bmr control arms go for 300.00$ and installation is 3-4 hours.
so from my clear understanding.... springs end up becoming almost 1000$.... because of all this you end up needing to adjust?

Last edited by supasport; 12-15-2012 at 02:34 PM.
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
supasport

wow no input..?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Nothing else is needed to achieve a proper alignment with lowering springs on these cars. There should be enough adjustment available in the stock components.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
supasport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Nothing else is needed to achieve a proper alignment with lowering springs on these cars. There should be enough adjustment available in the stock components.
how come my front wheels look funny?? and not to mention the major un even wear my 2 front tires have..
Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
how come my front wheels look funny?? and not to mention the major un even wear my 2 front tires have..
Because you haven't had it aligned yet. An alignment is required any time you change the ride height. What I am saying it that you do not have to purchase any additional parts to achieve the correct alignment. You do not need camber bolts or aftermarket control arms. The stock components have enough adjustment to get it done.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
supasport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Because you haven't had it aligned yet. An alignment is required any time you change the ride height. What I am saying it that you do not have to purchase any additional parts to achieve the correct alignment. You do not need camber bolts or aftermarket control arms. The stock components have enough adjustment to get it done.
that goes for the 1.4 inch drop? im wondering why the guy that installed my springs said to check out cambers then... has me wondering, but what is weird is even before i dropped the car... those front tires already had un even wear. so im guessing i really don't need cambers.
when i bought the springs off BMR.. one of the sales reps said i might need cambers.
this is a total confusement. on the side note, i have 4 pirelli tires to put on the car so i really dont want them to wear un evenly.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
supasport

would be great if i could get some feedback from those who have the BMR split drop !
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Once you get a 4 wheel alignment done on the car it will take care of the issues you are having. Any time you change the ride height it will affect the alignment and it will cause extra tire wear. As long as you don't do a lot of driving after the springs are done prior to the alignment you shouldn't see too much additional tire wear.

If all you have is our BMR split drop lowering springs then you should be able to get the desired alignment specs out of the factory hardware. If you need any alignment specs let me know and I will send you some over to you.

Kyle

Last edited by BMR Sales; 12-17-2012 at 03:28 PM.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
that goes for the 1.4 inch drop? im wondering why the guy that installed my springs said to check out cambers then... has me wondering, but what is weird is even before i dropped the car... those front tires already had un even wear. so im guessing i really don't need cambers.
when i bought the springs off BMR.. one of the sales reps said i might need cambers.
this is a total confusement. on the side note, i have 4 pirelli tires to put on the car so i really dont want them to wear un evenly.
Dude, you are really confused!!!! "Cambers" (as you put it) is NOT a physical part that you need to go buy. It is an adjustment accomplished on the 4-wheel alignment that everyone is recommending to you. They adjust "Camber", "Caster", and "Toe" in order to get your wheels aligned correctly. If you need further explanation, just google "wheel alignment". You should have had an alignment done immediately after your lowering springs were installed.

Here are the installation instructions for your springs.....there are alignment specifications on the last page. Now go get your alignment done!!!!

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/SP022.pdf
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote