Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 12-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
SPAWN

Drives: 2009 GT500
Pony Wars 2010 @ SGMP Feb 13 2010

So here is a basic break down of what is going to take place.

Steeda has offered to open up their shop early Saturday Morning beginning around 7:00 am this will last till about 8:15
From there people can Pony Trail to the track!

Gates will open about 9:00 am and tech will open then as well.

Grudge runs should begin about 10am weather permitting. SGMP would like to make sure the track is warm enough before racing begins. This will continue till about 1 to 2 pm at which people will be asked to make a qualifying pass for the Arm Drop portion. 2 groups of 16 cars will be pulled that run close times. We don't know what the groups will be till race day and if you lift you will not be in the group. Just like pinks we want everyone to go full blast. after this we will do some more grudge runs then call for the ladies to get in a special lane for the Powder Puff portion.

Next there will be a exhibition run from some of the sponsors and at that same time we will run a quick 8 of the 8 fastest cars. When this is done we will run grudge runs till they need to flip on the lights. About an hour before they will call the day we will pass out awards draw for prizes and pass out the cash from the 50/50. If the pot for the 50/50 grows to over 400.00 we will split it in two drawings for 200 or more for the winners.

When we have to leave Steeda and SGMP are working to get a wing place to reserve some tables for an after party/brag fest.

This is going to be a very long day and it shoud go pretty fast. We will try and keep grudge runs moving all day.

I hope everyone has as good a time as we are working to achieve. I think your car will be worn out and maybe the drivers as well.

Like we said no surprises this year! Enjoy!

For folks with big trailers Steeda and SGMP have a place for us to park, I will also get some information about local hotels for those traveling from out of town. I would hope alot of folks can stay thru the after party.

Note any AMERICAN made Muscle will be allowed to race as long as it runs on GAS.

I have been told it is possible that a couple Vipers will be there and Vettes are more than welcome to run as well.

So get out there and tell all your friends...

Pony Wars Founder RichV@Showandgofast
NMRA True Street Bradenton 12.0 3rd place March 5th 2011, NMRA Bradenton True Street 12.0 Winner! March 6th 2010, NMCA Bradenton True Street 12.0 Winner! March 20th 2010, NHRA Unleashed 12.0 Qualifier November 5-6 2010,
SPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote