Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
First Car Show-need advice.

So I am going to enter in my first car show this weekend, obviously being my first have no idea what to expect. I have no intentions of winning anything but the money goes to a good cause. What do I need to know about car shows, etiquette and all that?
Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
rozay

Drives: camaro 2LS LFX A6
make sure your car is clean and spot free and also engine bay clean. most important is to just have a good time
Old 06-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
Its clean, thats for sure. Detailed it in 106 degree weather today. Was going to do a paint correction but way to hot for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozay View Post
make sure your car is clean and spot free and also engine bay clean. most important is to just have a good time
Old 06-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Arrive early: Allow time to set up and conduct one final detail when you get there before registration.
Know your product: People will come by and ask questions. Know your car.
Display: If you use props, don't overdue it.
Research: Google car shows and take a look at some of the set ups and take some ideas.

Good luck. Post pictures!

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 06-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
GraySS2011

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray 2SS 6 speed
Don't know if it is a "fun" show or "judged" points show but if they are serious I recommend bringing brushes and cleaning the dirt and grass from the tire treads. Also clean behind the wheel blades and underneath the wheel wells. If it is a "show" class versus "street" or "super street" I would clean the inside of the trunk, console and glovebox.
GraySS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Heck just show up and enjoy, people love our cars too and admire them also, yet not being classic we get looked at as if we may not belong yet many of them just bought their cars fixed up already....we are fresh mods in progress...where hot rodding has its roots. When I go I look at all the car I used to own and hot rod and fixed up, and then am glad my Camaro has all the luxuries I have being new and do not regret moving on. We have sport luxury autos...something that if I had a placard I would be sure to highlight saying: Heads UP Display....heated seats...heated mirrors...back up camera.. back up sensors....auto dimming dash.. automatic lights.....touch screen mylink.. etc etc People do not know this stuff about our cars like auto dimming mirrors.. blue tooth...voice recognition ....etc Heck many probably do not know it has IRS...........
Old 06-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
Agree with everyone! Clean is key take some detailing spray and plenty of microfiber cloths lol. I've noticed some people placing props in the trunk also.. Sort of depends the setup. And of course have fun! If you have a little sign such as, enjoy but please don't touch, people put those on their cars also.
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
Agree with everyone! Clean is key take some detailing spray and plenty of microfiber cloths lol. I've noticed some people placing props in the trunk also.. Sort of depends the setup. And of course have fun! If you have a little sign such as, enjoy but please don't touch, people put those on their cars also.
Remember though, don't over do it! For example, too much tire shine is just unappealing. And definitely know the car inside and out if you are having it judged (you can get away with knowing nothing if it is just a display car)
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
RA1987

Drives: SS
Put something unique inside.
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
SmokiNstripes6913

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
It is nice to walk by and see some owners that have scale models of their cars sitting on top of their engine cover or wherever.
SmokiNstripes6913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
likes others have stated, go first to have fun and enjoy the cars and talking "shop". Bring a clean car, inside and out, then let it go from there. Every show is judged by an 'opinion' and everyone has one. Enjoy what you have and be proud of it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
Rockey33

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro SS
If your going to be at the show and it's that hot you may want to consider getting a small canopy. We were at a three day car show last week. After the first day we left the show and went right to a store to get one. We picked one up for $30. It was well worth it for the next day. Also don't forget a cooler and chairs.
Rockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #13
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
Q-tips.
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Since it's your first show and your not conserned about winning anything, walk around and talk to other people about their cars (don't bring up yours unless they ask, most likely they will) and what they do to prepare.

Packing list:
sun shade
chair
lots of cool water
snacks
magazine
detail kit (your car is going to get a little dirty on the drive there.)

Try to park near simular cars. If you can't find any other 5th gens, then look for Challengers or mustangs, but don't park in the middle of a group of same model cars. They may be expecting more of the same model. I usually try to park away from the import tuner guys. The owners tend to be respectful of other peoples cars, but the crowds they attrack aren't always. You don't want a bunch of tweaners with skate boards and bikes hanging around your car, leaning on it and scratching it up.

If your going to do this fairly often get some signs made up. 2 or 3 that say please do not touch and one poster board sized one that has the cars specs and what you've done to it.