Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #15
manumathew

Drives: 2014 camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorrocket View Post
Mine is tuned and had this same problem, they reflashed my TCM, and then reset adaptives. That sounds like your torque converter clutch is confused and your tcm has learned bad habits.

GM sent out a field engineer they test drove two cars, compared them, if this does not fix the problem make sure that the dealer compares it to another like for like ZL1. Their diagnostic tool will tell them the transmission is running in HOT mode, ignore that, all ZL1's run in HOT mode, it's so that the transmission doesn't freak out if you're on the track and you're beating the snot out of it.

Took it to the dealer two days ago. Got the car today. They had flashed both TCM and ECM. But no change what so ever. Tried the fuse pull. 5 and 20.
It's the same.
Do u think there is a problem with my ecu?
manumathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #16
2doorrocket

Drives: Gas Guzzlers
Did they reset the adapts? Are you using a stock intake?
2doorrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #17
manumathew

Quote:
Yesterday night I pulled the fuse again. Had forgot to pull the ECM battery fuse in the trunk. The power loss issue was gone and the car responded as if I had a gud tune done to it. But the happiness was short lived.
The CEL came on and the stabilitrak service warning came on. Brought it back to the dealer this morning. It seems I'm the first one in dubai to report the issue to alghandi ( local dealer for cheverolet).
The service engineer doesn't even know that this thing has 2 fuel octane tables.
Now a guy plugged in the scanner and says that my app sensor is gone. Don't think so as it was running fine until now. I don't think the sensor is made of butter.....
If u buy a Chevy in this part of the world u have to put up with a lot of sh#@ over here.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:02 AM   #18
manumathew

Quote:
They reset the adaptives and the ECM.
But no change what so ever....
Old 08-21-2018, 06:59 PM   #19
Johnkout1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1 LE
Guys I have a 2012 Zl1 stock. I take it to the track for hpde events. On numerous occasions I have given a point by to an ss
Coming out of a corner then I go wide open and have the Ss slowly pull away. Asked the guy if he had upgraded and his was stock. Doesn't seem right and feel like the car should have more power than the ss. Any thoughts on it? Thanks
Johnkout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:54 PM   #20
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
A Z should have more power than an SS...and handle substantially better. Check for codes and mods.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #21
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkout1 View Post
Guys I have a 2012 Zl1 stock. I take it to the track for hpde events. On numerous occasions I have given a point by to an ss
Coming out of a corner then I go wide open and have the Ss slowly pull away. Asked the guy if he had upgraded and his was stock. Doesn't seem right and feel like the car should have more power than the ss. Any thoughts on it? Thanks
May depend on what gear each of you happen to be in.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:26 PM   #22
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkout1 View Post
Welcome to the world of super chargers and heatsoak. At 85 degrees and above after your second lap you are almost equal because you are pulling 20 plus degrees of timing at wot. U gonna track in the south you are going to have to cool the IAT’s.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power loss, torque management, traction control, zl1