Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #1037
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I just think it is another option. Kind of like the laguna Secca boss 302. not for everyone but a very solid perfromer.

espectially for people who like N/A cars.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #1038
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
a 427 camaro wouldn't be competition for the gt500. it would more be competetive against the top n\a mustang.
...On a race track, it'd do better because of less weight on the front end and more manageable power delivery, and Mag Ride. Less power and better balance from the car. I'd like to see them compared, if the General decides to do it.

Just my opinion. Merry Christmas!
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #1039
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
So I am relatively new here and I hope I don't make any enemies with this but I got to say something here.

I love my ZL1. I have owned 16 Camaro's (at least two of every generation) and I for one could not care less about what Ford does with the Mustang. I want Chevy to make the best Camaro (within the limits of the EPA, etc.) regardless of what Ford does with the Mustang.

In my mind, the ZL1 is the best Camaro ever made and I am proud to drive it. When I go to car shows, not once has anyone come to me and said, "if it just had more power". They love the lines. They love the interior. They love the total package. That's is what the ZL1 is, the total package.

What Camaro may lose to Mustang in raw HP, it more than makes up for in total drivability AND overall (not just straight line) performance. If the next Camaro improves upon the current Camaro, GREAT...I am all for it. But I do not measure what I have against what someone else has. Never have, never will.

For those who own a ZL1, you could have bought a GT500. If what you want is what Mustang delivers, then you should have bought a Mustang. As for me, I am thrilled to see my ZL in the garage and am more than happy to pull up next to a GT500 owner (who I am sure is just as proud of their car) and tip my hat and wish them a good day without wishing I could keep up with them until the next traffic signal.

Merry Christmas. If you are able to own a ZL1, SS, LE1....you are blessed and need to remember that. Don't lose the joy of what you have waiting for something that might never come.

We are very pleased to hear that you absolutely love your ZL1. What is the most exciting feature to you?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #1040
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Why I love my ZL1 - Just the way it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We are very pleased to hear that you absolutely love your ZL1. What is the most exciting feature to you?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
That's like asking which Victoria Secret model do I think is the hottest . I love the balance of the car. Power matched with control of that power. MRC makes onramp and off ramp' to/from the freeway a blast and Launch Control make traffic lights a lot of fun. I have a 69 Camaro that run's high 9's and I sold my Lotus Exige last year that handled like is was on rails. The ZL1 is my favorite to drive because while it is not as fast as my 69 in a straight line between lights nor is it as glued to the ground as my Lotus was, it combines the best of both of the cars in a car with a back seat when I need to pick of the kids from school and has a ton of upside if I decide to go a little crazy with it in the future.

The only thing I think I would have changed is the weight. But I am not even sure about that because heavy cars tend to ride smoother. My Lotus was light (about 2600lbs) but it was not comfortable to drive over long distance and did not provide nearly as smooth a ride as the ZL1.

And finally, I have driven just about every American made performance car on the market and many European cars as well. I can confidently say that the ZL1 is the first World Class performance Camaro ever made IMO. The Vette has been there for the last two generations in my mind and this is the first generation that I would include Camaro as well.

Just some random thoughts.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new z-28, new z28