Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #43
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
I think you need to look at who will stand behind their work while racing side by side with you and supporting you at events. For me Lingenfelter shined in this area. While most would build a mean machine, if you raced it they considered it out of warranty.... meanwhile LPE wanted to see you at the track. Great bunch of guys!
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:59 AM   #44
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
From what I've seen lingenfelter and livernois are both top notch and truly second to none. This one boils down to what truly works for you. I've been around quite a few of both vehicles so you can't go wrong with either of your choices, IMO both of these companies are the best in this country. This argument between the two of them could go on and on and the good part you come out a winner with either choice!
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #45
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Yeah right Ray!
'Bout time you showed up, G. I throw gas on the fire and you're off somewhere picking flowers.

Your car is a great case-and-point for how LPE does there builds. You don't only drive the car like it was stolen, but drive it like you robbed a convenience store, took some candy from a baby, and it was a rental. Nary a motor issue with over 50k boosted miles (right?), and driving it like that. How many 1/4-mile runs has it made?

And, we're on for the Sept track day! Wager is a dollar and a doughnut. I like jelly.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #46
parkerjk628

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS
Lots of great opinions in this thread! Will hopefully be receiving solid quotes from both companies by mid-week, and will weigh the pros and cons of each at that time. Like most of you said, one can't really go wrong either way.

I'd prefer Lingenfelter, mainly due to distance from me and reputation with GM's, but money talks and if Livernois can put a comparable package together for significantly less money, I may be sending my car a little farther north to them.
parkerjk628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #47
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerjk628 View Post
Lots of great opinions in this thread! Will hopefully be receiving solid quotes from both companies by mid-week, and will weigh the pros and cons of each at that time. Like most of you said, one can't really go wrong either way.

I'd prefer Lingenfelter, mainly due to distance from me and reputation with GM's, but money talks and if Livernois can put a comparable package together for significantly less money, I may be sending my car a little farther north to them.
Your taking a good, solid approach by assessing your goals and having two good companies compete for the work.

I assume your not at the same Kokomo the Beach Boys once sang about?
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #48
parkerjk628

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
Your taking a good, solid approach by assessing your goals and having two good companies compete for the work.

I assume your not at the same Kokomo the Beach Boys once sang about?
Haha! I'd love to claim it, but unfortunately the Kokomo in north central Indiana is not the location they sang about!
Old 08-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #49
parkerjk628

...still waiting on quotes from both places.

For those who care, Lingenfelter told me today that they have transitioned to only using the Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 vs the standard TVS2300 as part of the package mentioned earlier. It allows them to "make more power in a nicer looking package". Livernois' package includes the standard TVS2300, but I told them to also quote the Heartbeat to compare.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #50
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerjk628 View Post
...still waiting on quotes from both places.

For those who care, Lingenfelter told me today that they have transitioned to only using the Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 vs the standard TVS2300 as part of the package mentioned earlier. It allows them to "make more power in a nicer looking package". Livernois' package includes the standard TVS2300, but I told them to also quote the Heartbeat to compare.
I think the Heartbeat is definitely supposed to be the superior of the two. Also this link is a good read if you haven't read it already, about the LSA vs the 2300 and the whipple on a LS 6.2 liter.

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...sus-LS9-Blower
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #51
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
Heartbeat is far superior.

I still like the whipple though....maybe i am outdated
Old 08-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #52
meadowz06

Drives: none
LPE. Period.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:25 PM   #53
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
You can't go wrong with either shop...and it probably all works out the same in the end. You will pay less at Livernois for the build and get less at the sell, you pay more for the Lingenfelter build but get more back at the sell.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #54
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Having had major work done at LPE, and gotten a quote for work years later from Livernois, the above isn't accurate. Livernois was more expensive than LPE, dollar for dollar, but have nowhere near the history or reputation. The two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.