Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
Arsenal11

Drives: 2010 2SS
Looking to buy new rotors

I am looking to buy new rotors for a 2010 Camaro SS, but there are too many options!

Does anyone know the difference between lets say Brembo Sport Slotted, Stillen Slotted or Stoptech Slotted rotors? Besides the price of course. I am looking for rotors that are the same weight as OEM or lighter and can handle daily driving with "spirited" moments. I probably won't be tracking anytime soon.

Any reviews or recommendations on those above models or any other ones?
Arsenal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
I never really looked into details of the rotors. I always thought slotted rotors were as good as the other slotted rotors. Sure there are different weights but who cares if you are talking about an extra 30 pounds on your car. Id like to here someone chime in on this.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Brake Performance:
http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro...ake-Rotors.php

affordable, lifetime warranty, and meet your DD requirements. (plus they're on sale & include free pads, although I would pay the extra $40 for their premium)

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I went with R1 Premiere....there cross drilled and slotted...you can get them either way. but im very happy with them....I frequently heat my brakes up and no warp-age so far....thats after 9k miles anyway...talk to Chase from APEX hell set you up.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Look at DBA 4000's.

I know you said you don't track but if if they can handle the abuse of the track then the street should be no issue and they should last even longer. Also, stay away from the drilled... they crack easier and are WAY harder to clean, imagine sticking something in each hole to clean EACH AND EVERY ONE OUT... PIA.

Tyler @ JDP Motorsports for has a variety of rotors and DBA's. I think Maryland Speed might have them too.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
OEM Rotors are honestly a great piece. If you are looking for an upgrade, the DBA rotors are a very good option if you are looking for an upgrade and they come with a few different options.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #7
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Tyler, are the Granatelli dimpled/slotted rotors any good?

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
We have a brake special going on right now!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=257770&page=6

PM or Call me directly with any questions!

Thanks

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
Tyler, are the Granatelli dimpled/slotted rotors any good?
Yeah, They are pretty good. From my understanding they are OEM rotors which have been dimpled and slotted with a zinc coating to prevent rust. For the most part, I'd say they'll provide more of a looks upgrade over OEM, but not too much of a performance upgrade over stock. They are not much more than OEM though.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #10
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Look at DBA 4000's.

I know you said you don't track but if if they can handle the abuse of the track then the street should be no issue and they should last even longer. Also, stay away from the drilled... they crack easier and are WAY harder to clean, imagine sticking something in each hole to clean EACH AND EVERY ONE OUT... PIA.

Tyler @ JDP Motorsports for has a variety of rotors and DBA's. I think Maryland Speed might have them too.

T.

You are correct they will develop hairline cracks, that is after a long period of time and hard use. If your a track guy then I understand why you say stay away from them. For street applications and an occasional track run, there is nothing wrong with them. I have never actually sat down and cleaned the holes out of my rotors.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote