Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Arrow What Is Better, Texas Speed Or Stainless Powers

(Longtube Headers 1 7/8 with highflow cats) So I can get both for the same exact condition & EXACT SAME price. Which one should I get?

Last edited by Homeless Man; 03-02-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
There's a million threads on this. Do a search and read for yourself. It's your car, research it yourself and make your own decision.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Can't go wrong with either honestly.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
There's a million threads on this. Do a search and read for yourself. It's your car, research it yourself and make your own decision.
I read like all the threads about this none say which is better. This is in off topic for a reason no need to be rude.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #5
Deftones

I'm not being rude. Don't be naive and think that you're the first person to wonder this. If you read all the threads then you wouldn't be needing more information or opinions. Don't be so sensitive.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
TSP headers will begin to look like crap after a short period of time. The quality of their stainless steel isn't as good. When you mount your TSP headers you will have to pry them inward to get them to line up with your exhaust. As for performance, they're fine.

That's just "nitpicking" (however that's spelled) between my builder and me.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
ac223mal

Drives: car
Quote:
I'm not being rude. Don't be naive and think that you're the first person to wonder this. If you read all the threads then you wouldn't be needing more information or opinions. Don't be so sensitive.
There is no way to read all the threads or comments, because of how things get posted. I try and read all the threads and search before I ask a question. Some times I'm able to find the answer, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I have missed the thread because I didn't use the correct words in the search. I'm thankful that most people here will offer to help without giving a response like this.

What is wrong with asking a question and getting the people that have experience answer the question if they so feel. Worse case scenario no one answer and there isn't any feed back. It makes it easier to have the people with experience and have helpful answers place their answers in the same thread so you don't have to keep going back and forth in your search.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #8
Deftones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac223mal View Post
There is no way to read all the threads or comments, because of how things get posted. I try and read all the threads and search before I ask a question. Some times I'm able to find the answer, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I have missed the thread because I didn't use the correct words in the search. I'm thankful that most people here will offer to help without giving a response like this.

What is wrong with asking a question and getting the people that have experience answer the question if they so feel. Worse case scenario no one answer and there isn't any feed back. It makes it easier to have the people with experience and have helpful answers place their answers in the same thread so you don't have to keep going back and forth in your search.
The point is that there are more then several threads on the same exact subject. Maybe it's just me then. I'm not lazy, I search, research and read the tons of information that's already on this website and others. I've been on forums for over 15 years and almost every question has been asked and answered already. I'm not a post whore nor do I create threads for every thought I have. I'm capable of comprehending what I read so I don't need to read it a thousand times. Welcome to the internet and don't be so sensitive about everything. That's why the "SEARCH" button exists. People mock this website because of all the "which headers are best" threads, not that it matters because this is a great site.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #9
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
The point is that there are more then several threads on the same exact subject. Maybe it's just me then. I'm not lazy, I search, research and read the tons of information that's already on this website and others. I've been on forums for over 15 years and almost every question has been asked and answered already. I'm not a post whore nor do I create threads for every thought I have. I'm capable of comprehending what I read so I don't need to read it a thousand times. Welcome to the internet and don't be so sensitive about everything. That's why the "SEARCH" button exists. People mock this website because of all the "which headers are best" threads, not that it matters because this is a great site.
I have like 4 accounts on here and I'm on half the day I read them all don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
TSP headers will begin to look like crap after a short period of time. The quality of their stainless steel isn't as good. When you mount your TSP headers you will have to pry them inward to get them to line up with your exhaust. As for performance, they're fine.

That's just "nitpicking" (however that's spelled) between my builder and me.
Ya a couple people said they had to use a hammer but most said they fit excellent. Anyways I have to get the Stainless Power cause TSP out of stock everywhere.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #10
Da2ss

Drives: Blueray metallic 2ss
Ya a couple people said they had to use a hammer but most said they fit excellent. Anyways I have to get the Stainless Power cause TSP out of stock everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Should say something about a product if it's sold out routinely i have tsp fit great still look good and 40hp on dynojet
Da2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #11
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da2ss View Post
Should say something about a product if it's sold out routinely i have tsp fit great still look good and 40hp on dynojet
I know but like I said it's sold out for like a few weeks and I don't wanna wait lol

Last edited by Homeless Man; 03-02-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #12
Taco Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Ya a couple people said they had to use a hammer but most said they fit excellent. Anyways I have to get the Stainless Power cause TSP out of stock everywhere.
Yeah, mine is a quote from my builder regarding every set he's installed from them lately. Because we are in TX he pays tax plus shipping so he usually goes with Stainless Power instead. We didn't discuss the SP headers so I can't help you there.

TSPs are sold out regularly because they're decent quality, they're affordable, and I'd venture to guess they're manufacturing is a smaller sized operation.

I wouldn't overthink it bud. If you get your hands on either set I'm sure you'll be happy.

If I did it all over again, I'd look at these two brands. And regardless of what set I got, I'd pay extra to get them coated.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:53 PM   #13
Da2ss

Drives: Blueray metallic 2ss
Yea I could not wait either that's why I drove and picked them up I'm about an hr from them
Da2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 AM   #14
Taco Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da2ss View Post
Yea I could not wait either that's why I drove and picked them up I'm about an hr from them
I'd be in trouble if I was that close to TSP!