Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
entangled_superposition

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS
Question 2016 A6 Paddle Shifting Shift Points?

Hi all! I have a 2015 Camaro 2LS with an automatic 6. I got it a few months ago, and I have been really enjoying it so far.

The paddle shifting is pretty cool, but I notice that although the shifts are virtually instant from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, and back down, going from 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th, and 5th to 6th seem to have about a 4 to 6 second delay sometimes.

Is there some kind of preferred RPM or speed the transmission controller is looking for when making these shifts? I can't seem to figure out a formula. When doing some spirited driving, it can be annoying to have such a delay, especially when driving higher up in the RPM range.

Thanks!
entangled_superposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
ym2434

Drives: 2014 BRM Camaro LS A6
I have a 2LS so this info is coming first hand...

We don't get full sport mode or manual mode in our camaros. We get the ERS, which is basically a range select mode. For example, if you press the paddle so it says M4, then the computer will shift by itself between Gears 1 through 4.

SO technically, you aren't actually telling the computer which gear to be in, you're giving it a range of gears to select from.

However, this can easily be changed using a tuner such as HP Tuners as this 2LS owner did http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340877

Also, before you ask, no the dealer won't do anything. I took it to them with a small hope of them being able to fix it, and though they did acknowledge that it was different, they said that there was nothing they could do about it.
ym2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Just an FYI 5th & 6th are overdrive gears.

Tags
automatic v6, paddle shifter