Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
way around emissions?

hey guys i'm kind of in a situation, i have a 2010 camaro ss the emission test is due on the 2nd of october. I already went once and go rejected. I have hi flow cats and longt tube kooks headers with borla atak. with no tune.

I had a check engine light come on because there was a random misfire and i cleared it and saw one of my spark plug wires was loose but there were 2 catalyst errors, and when i cleared it i guess not enough data was stored. All in all now i just have to pass emissions in Wisconsin we are privatized for emission testing with the computer being plugged into the obd port. I need to find a way so i can pass it. Can someone make a tune for me to download and install and pass? I have a diablosport Predator. Is there anyway i can pass emissions then?

All the help will be appreciated!!
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
1MtnGoat

Drives: '12 SIM ZL1, 1 of 49
Clear the codes then drive 80 - 100 miles under all conditions. Start, stop, city, cruise, full throttle, idle then go for an emissions check before turning the car off. The computer needs time/miles check/learn that all systems are ok. It then turns all it's "flags" off and should allow for an OK emissions check via the OBDII port. This is provided there are no new codes thrown. If a code causing error occurs it usually trips the CEL on the 2-3 restart. Hope this works.
Under Hood - Painted strut bar ends w/custom Polished Stainless mounting hardware, E2 CC, RotoFab CAI, ZL1 underhood decal, Amsoil oil, Black billet strut covers, Metco pulleys, intercooler reservoir, JRE 75 RWHP package.
Chassis - Hawk ceramic brake pads, ZL1 wheel decals, Amsoil fluids
Interior - A pillar gauge pod w/Aeroforce Interceptor gauges, Polished ZL1 speaker rings, ZL1 mats and console lid, Custom GPS mount
Exterior - 3M clear bra, LED driving lights, PIAA Plasma Ion yellow fog lights, Window tint, CF bowties, Technostalgia sequential tail lights

1MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
khalsa013

Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
it usually comes on after 2-3 days. so i should keep driving it until cel comes on then continue and itll turn off?
Old 09-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
With headers the car will run rich and have that gas smell without a real tune dyno recommended that engine light will always come on no matter how many times you clear the code yourself.
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
Clear the codes then drive 80 - 100 miles under all conditions. Start, stop, city, cruise, full throttle, idle then go for an emissions check before turning the car off. The computer needs time/miles check/learn that all systems are ok. It then turns all it's "flags" off and should allow for an OK emissions check via the OBDII port. This is provided there are no new codes thrown. If a code causing error occurs it usually trips the CEL on the 2-3 restart. Hope this works.
Without a scanner you can plug into the OBD port and check before you go back for emissions testing, this may or may not work. I have seen a complete drive cycle take several trips to meet the conditions and "complete"

You really need to get a tune since you have LT's and that will eliminate your catalyst problems.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
khalsa013

is there any way i can download a tune off of the diablo site or anyone have one? im in wisconsin and need it asap!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsa013 View Post
is there any way i can download a tune off of the diablo site or anyone have one? im in wisconsin and need it asap!
I should be able help, Send me your original back up files and all of your info, I can write a custom tune for your mods and octane so you can Pass.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote