Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
What is absolutely everything I need for V6 to SS brembo kit

So after only 22K mikes I apparently need fronts for sure and plan on just doing the rears, so When I need something I just do an upgrade and this something Ive wanted to do for a while. So what do I need for this? Was thing of R1 Drilled and slotted rotors and pads, Any thoughts on them? Price range for everything? Also if anyone has leads on a set of SS calipers please let me know especially already painted!
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:28 PM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Well the obvious is a set of calipers (if you can find a cheap set of 6 piston go that route) front an rear.
For the front;
front dust shields
rotors
caliper bolts 2ea per caliper
brake line go ahead and upgrade to stainless
brake pads
pad pin kit

For the rear you’ll need;
complete backing plate with e-brake assy
correct rear rotors
caliper bolts
pads
brake line again upgrade to stainless
pad pin kit

Rock Auto is a great resource for this as well.
Don’t forget brake fluid (get a good DOT 4 like SRF or the Brembo HFC or hatever it is) and pad grease.
Not sure on the 15 V6 cars if you have to swap LCAs an rear sway bar.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
The camaro show

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Well the obvious is a set of calipers (if you can find a cheap set of 6 piston go that route) front an rear.
For the front;
front dust shields
rotors
caliper bolts 2ea per caliper
brake line go ahead and upgrade to stainless
brake pads
pad pin kit

For the rear you’ll need;
complete backing plate with e-brake assy
correct rear rotors
caliper bolts
pads
brake line again upgrade to stainless
pad pin kit

Rock Auto is a great resource for this as well.
Don’t forget brake fluid (get a good DOT 4 like SRF or the Brembo HFC or hatever it is) and pad grease.
Not sure on the 15 V6 cars if you have to swap LCAs an rear sway bar.
Thank you, I would like to go 6 piston but I’m not sure if they would clear my wheels?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:09 AM   #4
olblue75

What wheels are you running?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:32 PM   #5
The camaro show

Quote:
What wheels are you running?
Lexani R-3 19x8.5 I think the offset is 20?
Old 08-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #6
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Just sent you a PM.
Larry
Old 08-13-2020, 09:39 PM   #7
olblue75

Deputy did his conversion not to long ago an was hoping he would chime in, listen to him he’s probably the expert on this mod!!!
Old 08-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #8
The camaro show

Thanks guys!
Old 08-15-2020, 06:16 AM   #9
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Deputy did his conversion not to long ago an was hoping he would chime in, listen to him he’s probably the expert on this mod!!!
Thank you for the kind words and trust though I am not sure if I am an expert but I consider myself well informed when it comes to this conversion. I have done at least five complete conversions.

I wanted to make contact because I have a complete kit that I had recently put together. Member out of Maine had put a deposit on it then unfortunately his Camaro met up with a tractor trailer, thank God he's OK but the Camaro was put to rest.

I purchased a set of take off calipers from a local Chevrolet dealership that was setting on their shelf. Sent them out and had them professionally powder coated in Lolly Pop red, have all the OEM bolts, crush washers, backing plates with shoes, original OEM pads with hardware, lines, complete directions and so on. Instead of going to the bone yard I was fortunate to find this set as they had over 200 miles on them but less than 3 for sure. Parts man told me a gent purchased a new SS but wanted the six piston ZL1s Brembo's. He drove his new SS for about a week before they came in. Was setting in boxes all this time, virtually new! For $500.00 I knew what I was getting.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2020, 12:45 AM   #10
olblue75

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580218

Here’s a set!!
Old 08-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #11
olblue75

Powder Coated

I elected to remove the crossover tube and leave it black.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2020, 10:13 PM   #12
ccalderon210

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Ls
you would also need an SS brake master cylinder to complete the conversion 100%
Old 08-18-2020, 10:50 PM   #13
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalderon210 View Post
When I done my very first conversion, my own vehicle, I did go by the book and did change the master cylinder. Five conversions later there has been a couple that did not want to spend the extra money and did not change out the master cylinder. After bleeding the brakes I went for a test drive and honestly I didn't really see the difference? Maybe it's because I am old! Even when I changed mine out I don't think I felt much of a difference. Just saying.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:14 AM   #14
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalderon210 View Post
What’s the part # for SS master cylinder?
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote