Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
The SickneSS [COTW 12/2/13]

Attention:All right reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please send me a PM.

This is the story of my 1LE and me:Pic heavy… I love pics…

So as far back as I can remember, I have had a love for Camaros. I grew up loving good ol' American muscle. I remember when I was in high school, I got my first Camaro. It was a '77. I didn't know then what I know now or I would have figured out a way to keep it. I loved that car even though it needed a ton of work. The interior was shot. The radio never worked, but the body was straight and it didn't have any rust. Being young and having limited money, I gave up what I wanted for something a little better right then.

Well, I grew up, got married and had kids. I decided that one day, like so many others, would get a first gen and do a full restore. Time kept passing and the opportunity never seemed to happen. Not enough money, not enough room, not enough time…

When the concept was announced, I started rethinking the idea of getting a first gen. If Chevrolet followed through anywhere close to their designs, it would be an amazing vehicle. I decided at that point, I would have one. Hands down, it would be black and a SS.

This started another long Camaro-less time in my life. You have to be responsible right? I now have kids and a wife. Everyone tells you how a muscle car is not the responsible choice. So I bought a Tahoe.
I drive a lot with my work and would always see these beautiful Camaros on the road. They would tease me in all colors and options. Until one day, I had enough. I was at work and sent my wife a text. Since we have your car for the family, I want my Camaro. She got excited, so I went to work.

This is what I came up with:
In October of 2012, I found what I thought was my dream car. Only time would change that…
2011 Black 2SS/RS. It had a sunroof and a GM dovetail spoiler. I tinted the windows and started researching my mods.
Attached Images

Last edited by Disturbed1LE; 03-25-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Disturbed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

The more I researched, the more options I found. The biggest problem I personally had was… wheels. I wanted to make sure that whatever wheels I chose had that Camaro look. The more I looked, the more confused I was. Surely there was a wheel out there that would fit my taste.
I finally stumbled across the 10 spoke, black ZL1 wheels… heaven.

Personally, I haven't seen a better looking wheel. I started looking for a set, but again, my personal taste got in the way. I respect the look of black on black. I know they are very popular, but it is not for me. Not on my Camaro. I started looking again, but kept trying to figure out how to make the ZL1 wheels work for me. One day, I stumbled across a 1LE video review. I was immediately sold on it. I could do all of this to my car, but I would still have black on black.

I sat down with my wife one day and we start talking about all of this and she says, "Well why don't you just get one of those?"

Game on!

I start researching options, colors, watching videos, reading reviews. I try to make sure if I order this car, it will be built the way I want it and it will be worth the trade. I finally decide to move forward.
I was going back and forth and back and forth to go ahead and order the 1LE. Then the 2014's were revealed. I'm not a fan of the rear end. So I went to my dealer and sat down with them and ordered my '13 1LE.

2013 Camaro AGM 2SS/RS
NPP exhaust
Sunroof
Navigation

My wife's one demand… err request. Well no, she said this is what had to happen. I had to replace the spoiler. After the GM dovetail spoiler on my black one, we both felt the smaller spoiler left an unfinished look.
So of course, I told her ok :thumb up:

Then began the wait.

Almost seven weeks later to the day, she showed up at the dealership. I knew before my salesman did. It was pouring rain during the delivery. He found her on the back lot and brought her up to send me this pic.
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

I had to get up there to see it. This would be my first new car ever. And to think, it was built for me! Needless to say, I was very excited. My wife decided to meet me up there. Here was my initial walkthrough, even before it hit makeready.
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

I spoke with my salesman and made sure it would NOT go through the automatic car wash and that the front license plate bracket would not be installed. I think I pissed off the make ready department the next morning when I personally called them to reissue my requests. Oh well, my wheels and tires are not jacked up and there are no holes in my bumper

I had one of those days at work and there was no way I would make it in time to pick up the 1LE. I was miserable. I waited all this time and now, one more day. My salesman called me up and gave me some great news. The finance people along with the tech walkthrough person had agreed to stay open late to help me out. FREAKING AWESOME!

My salesman told me that while they had it sitting there waiting for me, most of the salespeople up there were all checking it out as well as several customers. They had at least four people interested in taking it home(so he says). I know the '13 1LEs were pretty rare so I can see why it generated the interest. Most of the people up there didn't even know what it was.

My finance guy was great. He even introduced me to Cars and Coffee in Dallas. Everyone was very helpful. My daughter nabbed a few pics during the walkthrough.
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

The first night I put over 80 miles on her. Maybe not that impressive, but with my time constraints, it was all I could squeeze out. When I got home the next day, I decided I needed some real pics. These phone pics just don't do this color justice.

I had my first mod done: tint all around.

First photo shoot at home.
I just began to learn what a pain AGM is to show off its true color and potential. Such a beautiful color.
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

After the tint, I decided to plastidip my bow ties as well as my tail light bezels.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

I added an Elite Engineering catch can from Apex. I also added flat black hash marks to the driver's side and tint on all of the lights thanks to Big Worm Graphix in Fort Worth.

My spoiler came in from Unrestricted Motorsports. I had it wrapped in matte black to match the hood. Speed Shield in Addison, TX wrapped the spoiler.
I went with the Urestricted Motorsports spoiler because I wanted a one piece look with no brake light in it. I really like their version.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #8
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

One of the things I had done to my Black SS was install LED DRLs. This time I wanted the DRLs to come on with my headlights and halos. I installed plasma bulbs with harnesses while on a trip to my parent's house. The parts showed up right before I left for their house… had to get it done right?
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #9
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

My next addition was installing a CAI from ADM. I got it with the race scoop and relocated the wash reservoir. I also installed a set of DT shorty headers and did a fuse pull for my NPP exhaust. I have to say, I really like how it woke up. It has a nice healthy sound and great throttle response.

http://youtu.be/vAfTOq8xiwg

Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #10
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

After what has been listed above, I pretty much just drive her, wash her and photograph her.
One more item you may notice, if you look hard enough, is the backing bracket that is powder coated black on my lower grill for my eliminator bracket. Since Texas decided to start enforcing the front license plate law, I decided to be careful. Some people think it will never happen to them, but I don't have that kind of luck. Might as well be prepared.
Attached Images

Last edited by Disturbed1LE; 11-24-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #11
Disturbed1LE
COTW 12/2/13

Attached Images

Old 11-24-2013, 03:25 AM   #12
CamaroLB
SoCal HT5 COTW 12/16/2013

Drives: Burning B
Black is king! lovely pics!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #13
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Man...this a good lookin car, great pics.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #14
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Love your photos. What camera/settings do you shoot with?

Post two photos 3 and 4 are awesome. I saved a few of the ones down further for backgrounds!