Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #15
Joshua nuzzo

Drives: Supercharged 2011 camaro ss vert
After talking with the transmission guy at GM . We don't believe it fluid or the trans it's most likely a sensor got wet! So I'm going to go thru it and check everything if I can't find it's going to the dealer.
Joshua nuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #16
Joshua nuzzo

After taking it to the GM dealer today they think it's the 5 month old 2800 yank stall.. I just don't see that being the issue after using them on much bigger horsepower then the mid 650 it's at.. And of no surprise to me at all they will not touch the car at all they only disabled the clutch so that I can drive it 30 miles to the tuner tomorrow. They say it will drive but have to throw it into N to come to a stop cause the motor will die if not. I still believe it's the pmc after getting it wet. And wonder if it would reset the pmc after getting wet.. Any ideas? I don't like taking one persons word for anything and don't to much care for the tuner I am going to take it to tomorrow but I really don't have a choice because the company I want to do the tune after I biuld a motor this summer is 150 miles from me.. I will not trash the tuners name as he is a really good mustang builder and tuner just not up to speed on the GM (mostly Trans tuning) also who is the best builder-tuner in NC I'm inn Fayetteville again thank you for your time guys
Old 03-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #17
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua nuzzo View Post
After taking it to the GM dealer today they think it's the 5 month old 2800 yank stall.. I just don't see that being the issue after using them on much bigger horsepower then the mid 650 it's at.. And of no surprise to me at all they will not touch the car at all they only disabled the clutch so that I can drive it 30 miles to the tuner tomorrow. They say it will drive but have to throw it into N to come to a stop cause the motor will die if not. I still believe it's the pmc after getting it wet. And wonder if it would reset the pmc after getting wet.. Any ideas? I don't like taking one persons word for anything and don't to much care for the tuner I am going to take it to tomorrow but I really don't have a choice because the company I want to do the tune after I biuld a motor this summer is 150 miles from me.. I will not trash the tuners name as he is a really good mustang builder and tuner just not up to speed on the GM (mostly Trans tuning) also who is the best builder-tuner in NC I'm inn Fayetteville again thank you for your time guys
See heres the thing...it might not be that the converter went bad, it very well couldve been incorrectly installed, causing damage to the front pump and then the converter.

When you install a converter, you need to make sure it 'clicks' into place at least twice so the notches line up 100% to the pump. Ive seen people that didnt have it sitting in right before bolting it to the flexplate then when they tightened it down, cracked the pump and damaged the converter.

You really wont know until you take it out and look.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #18
Joshua nuzzo

I didn't do the work the tuner did :/ what will it look like if it was installed wrong ( tell tell signs)?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #19
Joshua nuzzo

Just the cracked pump? I would do the work then and now if I wasn't so busy with work.. I don't have access to a lift but handy with jack stands.. But still that's a job I wouldn't want to do in the garage floor
Old 03-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #20
Joshua nuzzo

Update, it has turned out not to be the yank stall at all. It has to be an electrical problem from the water. I spoke to Dave at yank ( witch he is a great guy and took the time to speak with me a few times) and he also believes water has gotten in done were and not allowing it to bleed off.. It's freaken drive me crazy cause I can't find it!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #21
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
Subscribing just for the answer.

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #22
Joshua nuzzo

Ok so it seems to be the yank stall.. After the speed shop went thru everything and it all seemed to be very dry we tried the stall by installing the factory one and bam it runs good! So we going to ship the yank up north to have them cut it open and look. It's 7 to 8 months old and around 3000 miles with only 4 passes. Dave at Yank seems to be a good guy and a shraight shooter so I'm sure he will make it right and send me another ASAP. I'm going to be in the market for a transmission by the end of the summer and this will decide for me If weather I buy it from him. Has anyone else had to send one back to Yank and if so what was your experience.