Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #155
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
The interior looks awesome. I wish you could get the cloth in the 2SS. I want all the "stuff" i.e. heated seats, bluetooth, 4 pack guages, but could pass on the leather. The cloth looks great! The cloth on my '99 was good, I actually chose it over the leather because the leather was cheap, cheap, cheap, back then.

Also, on the shifter, what all comes off? Is the silver ring part of the knob or the boot? Mine is getting an 8-ball, or a custom 6-ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
"The cloth on my '99 was good, I actually chose it over the leather because the leather was cheap, cheap, cheap, back then"

The so-called "leather" was even worse on the '96's. Mine reminds me of the crummy vinyl seats of the 60's-70's. It's turned me against leather seats altogether. Cloth seats are all I want from here on out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Finally, quality pics of the cloth interior. I'm definitely getting a 1SS now. I only wish the 4-pack gauges were optional on the 1SS. But the seats look great, and we get SS embroidery!!!
I don't want leather either or pay the extra $$$$ for stuff I don't need or want. However I want the 4pack Gauges and Inferno Orange would be a bonus with colth. I don't want all the other stuff that comes with the 2SS trim, just the 4pack Gauges.

I took a GM survey awhile back and Requested that they PLEASE, PLEASE offer 1SS, 2SS(cloth w/the same options of the current 2SS trim), 3SS(currently the 2SS trim) trim. I'll see if I can find the link. Maybe if they hear the same thing for more people they will add it.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #156
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekt View Post
Wow, the speedo/tach look really cheap in those pictures.

I need to see one in person.
I dunno, I thought they were kinda funky to start with, but they have grown on me.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #157
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
For the life of me, I just cannot understand why in the world that dadgum shark fin could not be painted to match. What the heck could it cost to do this--20 bucks...50? They paint the mirrors and the door handles (thank God) and even those silly water channels (if you want to pay all that money for the RS) so why not the fin???? Hell, I'd pay $159.99 more to have this thing painted. To me, it's just hideous looking in black.

I want to clarify though, this is one of FEW complaints I have about the car but it drives me nuts!
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #158
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
I don't want leather either or pay the extra $$$$ for stuff I don't need or want. However I want the 4pack Gauges and Inferno Orange would be a bonus with colth. I don't want all the other stuff that comes with the 2SS trim, just the 4pack Gauges.

I took a GM survey awhile back and Requested that they PLEASE, PLEASE offer 1SS, 2SS(cloth w/the same options of the current 2SS trim), 3SS(currently the 2SS trim) trim. I'll see if I can find the link. Maybe if they hear the same thing for more people they will add it.
Found the Link, However the Survey part is gone.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insidestory

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #159
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
For the life of me, I just cannot understand why in the world that dadgum shark fin could not be painted to match. What the heck could it cost to do this--20 bucks...50? They paint the mirrors and the door handles (thank God) and even those silly water channels (if you want to pay all that money for the RS) so why not the fin???? Hell, I'd pay $159.99 more to have this thing painted. To me, it's just hideous looking in black.

I want to clarify though, this is one of FEW complaints I have about the car but it drives me nuts!
There is no excuse for GM to not paint the shark fin.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #160
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
^ It could probably be an issue with the actual antenna reciever. I know on the jets I work on, the Antenna areas cannot be painted over because it will hinder the connection. Maybe the same theory applies to the antenna on the camaro?
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #161
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
It's probably a supply chain and/or materials issue. It probably comes from their supplier unpainted and would be difficult to have painting them integrated into the build workflow. Also, the material that it's made out of might not take paint too well. It likely comes to GM with the electronics already inside so it would be next to impossible to paint it efficiently at that point.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #162
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I think that the sema camaro's had painted fins.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #163
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
I have seen numerous cars with painted fins... even some GM cars.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #164
Hebe4

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
is it just me or does that interior (especially the a/c controls and audio area) look cheaper every time we see it?
Sigh. In some way, it always reminds me of a walmart portable CD/Radio combo.
Hebe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #165
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
I think that the sema camaro's had painted fins.
Those were custom, hand-built cars.

I'm sure they looked into painting them but it would've been too difficult/costly to integrate into the manufacturing process.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:58 AM   #166
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Honda can afford to do it on Accords. There is no excuse.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #167
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrisSullivan View Post
does anybody else think thats a incredibly bad spot for the trunk release??
I mean what if you accidently hit that with your leg or elbow or anything??? Especially while driving??? That seems like it needs to be moved somewhere else fast...IMO
I'm pretty sure on the 4th gens, in order for the button to operate, you had to have the parking brake engaged (maybe park in autos) or something like that. I remember having to reach back in and pull the brake or something cause I forgot now and then. Someone correct me if I'm wrong....but this probably won't be an issue.
jachevy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #168
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
First off, thanks for the photos!!!

Second, that front license plate/bracket if absolutely FUGLY!!!

Third, does anybody know for sure if the two tone seat interiors (Gray/Beige) are indeed coming with black carpet...or are they coming with Gray/Beige carpet? If they are coming with black carpet for sure, I just may have to change to the two tone instead of the plain black interior.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote