Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Just sat in the Daytona Pace Car

I have been reading the posts on this site for a while but this is my first time posting. I finally have something to offer.

Don't ask me how, but I was able to get about 5 minutes sitting in one of the Daytona Pace cars today. It was awesome! I've decided to buy a 2SS based on my experience.

I previously sat in a challenger at the local auto show and didn't like it at all so I was very pleased with the feel of the Camaro. The Challenger was a tank by comparison and sitting in it made me feel like I was sitting in the bottom of a well, with the high doors and dash. Not so with the Camaro.

To answer some questions I've seen posted on here, the seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of leg and head room (I'm 6'3"). I did notice the seats don't have the button to adjust the lumbar and bolster support like my 01 T/A did.

Visibility out the front is fine. The hood and dash are a little high which keeps you from seeing down the length of the hood but really not a problem at all. The doors are also a little higher than on my 01 T/A but not as high as the Challenger or a 300M. The small windows behind the doors gave extra visibility. Visibility was a little restricted out the back window since its narrow comapred to the rest of the car and doesn't have the hatchback glass I'm used to. However, I could see the entire back glass through the rear view mirror. No blind spots.

The steering wheel felt great, everything was located where its supposed to be. Buttons, guages, etc. all looked great and felt good. I did notice that the parking brake handle and the door handle did seem a little "plasticky" if thats a word, and a little cheap. The switches on the wheel for the CC and radio do seem a little small but I don't think they'll be a problem.

The trunk looks small but its actually quite large. Perfect for a couple of subwoofers and amps.

The car had the midnight silver wheels. They looked OK but I definitely prefer the bright aluminum. I think that's what they call it.

I definietely would not get the sun roof. The reverse mohawk is sweet.

Now for the bad news. The ABL was not working properly! The car came with the blue ABL instead of the inferno orange. It was definitely not like it appears in the Ad pictures. In the Ad, the blue runs all the way around the shiney interior door panel and accross the dash and its very bright. The whole door panel appears to glow. Well the reality is not the same.

First, the ABL did not glow nearly as bright as it does in the pictures. You know those glow sticks you get at mardi gras that people loop around their neck or around their wrist? Well, you know how they glow kind of bright the first few hours but look kind of dull by the end of the night? I looks kind of like that. Also, there were spots where it was dark. Kind of a burned out look. And while it did go across the dash and down on the doors, it did not go all the way around the door panels. It went down across the top of the panel and then stopped.

Anyway, aside from the ABL and a couple of nit picky things I noticed, over all, the car was great. Like I said, I'm planning to order one right away.

The only thing I can't decide on is what color to choose. I'm leaning towards yellow with rally stripes but everyone says that's too cliche and that I'm too old (i'm 37). Any suggestions on what color to get?
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Tal

Drives: Old
Nice! That's probably why they are still working on ABL.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Welcome to the site, sweet car huh...You know you just stirred the abl pot don'cha
Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
oh boy.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
tylermoore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/LS3 Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
I have been reading the posts on this site for a while but this is my first time posting. I finally have something to offer.

Don't ask me how, but I was able to get about 5 minutes sitting in one of the Daytona Pace cars today. It was awesome! I've decided to buy a 2SS based on my experience.

I previously sat in a challenger at the local auto show and didn't like it at all so I was very pleased with the feel of the Camaro. The Challenger was a tank by comparison and sitting in it made me feel like I was sitting in the bottom of a well, with the high doors and dash. Not so with the Camaro.

To answer some questions I've seen posted on here, the seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of leg and head room (I'm 6'3"). I did notice the seats don't have the button to adjust the lumbar and bolster support like my 01 T/A did.

Visibility out the front is fine. The hood and dash are a little high which keeps you from seeing down the length of the hood but really not a problem at all. The doors are also a little higher than on my 01 T/A but not as high as the Challenger or a 300M. The small windows behind the doors gave extra visibility. Visibility was a little restricted out the back window since its narrow comapred to the rest of the car and doesn't have the hatchback glass I'm used to. However, I could see the entire back glass through the rear view mirror. No blind spots.

The steering wheel felt great, everything was located where its supposed to be. Buttons, guages, etc. all looked great and felt good. I did notice that the parking brake handle and the door handle did seem a little "plasticky" if thats a word, and a little cheap. The switches on the wheel for the CC and radio do seem a little small but I don't think they'll be a problem.

The trunk looks small but its actually quite large. Perfect for a couple of subwoofers and amps.

The car had the midnight silver wheels. They looked OK but I definitely prefer the bright aluminum. I think that's what they call it.

I definietely would not get the sun roof. The reverse mohawk is sweet.

Now for the bad news. The ABL was not working properly! The car came with the blue ABL instead of the inferno orange. It was definitely not like it appears in the Ad pictures. In the Ad, the blue runs all the way around the shiney interior door panel and accross the dash and its very bright. The whole door panel appears to glow. Well the reality is not the same.

First, the ABL did not glow nearly as bright as it does in the pictures. You know those glow sticks you get at mardi gras that people loop around their neck or around their wrist? Well, you know how they glow kind of bright the first few hours but look kind of dull by the end of the night? I looks kind of like that. Also, there were spots where it was dark. Kind of a burned out look. And while it did go across the dash and down on the doors, it did not go all the way around the door panels. It went down across the top of the panel and then stopped.

Anyway, aside from the ABL and a couple of nit picky things I noticed, over all, the car was great. Like I said, I'm planning to order one right away.

The only thing I can't decide on is what color to choose. I'm leaning towards yellow with rally stripes but everyone says that's too cliche and that I'm too old (i'm 37). Any suggestions on what color to get?
I can ever get that lucky Damnn
Thanks for the intel,
I ordered Inferno Orange with Cyber Gray stripes. I wanted grey but i saw this color and fell in love check it out on the net looks awesome IMO
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Welcome to the site, sweet car huh...You know you just stirred the abl pot don'cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
oh boy.
At least ABL isn't in the title so perhaps it will take folks a little bit to get here and go crazy.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
At least ABL isn't in the title so perhaps it will take folks a little bit to get here and go crazy.
Yeah like after I log off and go to bed... I think I'll turn the blackberry off too.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm 35 and I'm getting the Rally Yellow with custom black stripes.
Cliche? Regardless, it looks good, and besides, my son wants BumbleBee in the garage - what else can I do?
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
briwalbri

Drives: 2008 Roush 427R
Send a message via Yahoo to briwalbri
too cliche

im 39 and i ordered a yellow 2ss/rs with black rally stripes.

Don't let other people influence you on what color to pick, pick the color that grabs you.
My last car was a 2002 Mustang GT zinc yellow w/ saleen s/c.

briwalbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Yeah like after I log off and go to bed... I think I'll turn the blackberry off too.
I would HIGHLY recommend it.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #11
roadie2991
Camaroholic

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS IOM int/ext
Great post!...and order what you like. 37 is not too old for yellow w/ rally stripes.
2500 3-24-09
3000 3-26-09
3100 4-18-09
3300 4-18-09
3400 4-30-09
3800 5-6-09 #8102
4000 5-6-09
4104 5-6-09
4B00 5-6-09
4200 5-12-09
5000 5-20-09
6000 5-20-09

roadie2991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #12
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
WHA??? Too old? You're old enough to do what ever you want and young enough to still do it!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I would HIGHLY recommend it.
Agh! NEVER! Shame on you for even thinking about turning off the BB!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Slightly off topic but Roadie, is your sig pic an actual badge? I'd seriously consider rebadging my Camaro with that one if so.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
roadie2991
Camaroholic

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS IOM int/ext
Sorry dude.....I photoshopped a pic of a real badge.

added the "keep the faith"
2500 3-24-09
3000 3-26-09
3100 4-18-09
3300 4-18-09
3400 4-30-09
3800 5-6-09 #8102
4000 5-6-09
4104 5-6-09
4B00 5-6-09
4200 5-12-09
5000 5-20-09