Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
SeaWolfLestat

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Need advice on repairing chips in my chrome gills

The chrome inserts for my gills has some chipping all the way down to the white plastic underneath.

A hottie at the local Advance Auto Parts suggested chrome colored nail polish. When I found some at Walgreens it looks like silver not chrome.

Any ideas on touching up the chips?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolfLestat View Post
The chrome inserts for my gills has some chipping all the way down to the white plastic underneath.

A hottie at the local Advance Auto Parts suggested chrome colored nail polish. When I found some at Walgreens it looks like silver not chrome.

Any ideas on touching up the chips?
i really don't think there is much you can do. i personally would pull them and reinstall new ones, assuming they are cheap. if they aren't cheap, maybe ask whoever sold them to you for touch up paint.

it's not cheap, but to prevent chips in the future you can get a clear bra in that gill area. i have one on my car and my paint is black...it is still chip free in the gill.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote