Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #57
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
We picked up our Jeep about an hour after cancelling the deal for the Camaro. I'll miss having the Camaro, but it's the wife's car and she said she was getting a "bad" feeling over the whole recall thing. I'd have felt way worse about it if we were getting a V8 ! In reality I think the Cherokee is a better vehicle for her anyway.

BTW, we put down a deposit late on Saturday, June 13th fully expecting to pick up the car on Monday, June 16th. At first we were told it would only be a couple day delay and then it just kept going on and on. The dealer didn't put up any fight when we told them we wanted to cancel. I expected they would ask for a couple more days, but they didn't. I respect that, but they really never offered to get us concrete information about when we would take delivery.

Maybe we'll get one later.
I originally wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee because I had one years before that I loved. After reading all the issues people have had with the GJC's, I went with the Camaro. I didn't look into the regular Cherokees, so I hope they don't have the same issues the Grand has.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #58
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post
I originally wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee because I had one years before that I loved. After reading all the issues people have had with the GJC's, I went with the Camaro. I didn't look into the regular Cherokees, so I hope they don't have the same issues the Grand has.
The Cherokee's had myriad transmission problems--it's got a high tech 9 speed transmission which is about as seamless as an internal combustion engine can feel. They eventually narrowed it down to a batch of faulty parts on vehicles built before a date in December. They actually took back a lot of vehicles and issued new replacements. Luckily that was well before the build date of ours.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #59
xJPx

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Is there anyway to remove the black part on the key when they have been split? I would like to remove the black piece on the key and insert it back into the switch fob to make it a switch blade again.
xJPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #60
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJPx View Post
Is there anyway to remove the black part on the key when they have been split? I would like to remove the black piece on the key and insert it back into the switch fob to make it a switch blade again.
Check out this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369302

Tags
camaro, recall, undeliverable