Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #9507
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Old 06-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #9508
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
" for those who'd rather have an "L" of a ride instead of "Z" original..."

I like both letters, so I got a ZL1
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #9509
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Congrats, Poppa. Fine ride indeed!

However... ...not my cup o' camomile...

Where in Ontari-ari-ario are you?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #9510
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Does anyone know if someone is knocking off the Hot Wheels hood?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #9511
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
How I spent my weekend...

I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Dallas for the end of the Hot Rod Power Tours and the OPTIMA Challenge Qualifying Event. The first event was the autocross and speed stop challenge. Due to a change in the location of these events they were very different from the setups the last few years out at Spring Mountain. The AC was so tight it was miserable for high power cars and favored smaller lighter less powerful cars. The parking lots for both events have just been sealed making the surfaces slick. The LPE L/28 did well in both, but did not place. That isn't what she was built for. On the road course, we finished second to a highly modified ZR1 Corvette. The Vette had functional front and rear aero creating hundreds of pounds of down force. It had more RWHP and of course was a minimum of 700 pounds lighter.

We are still dialing in the L/28 as a TEAM. The suspension has been tweaked to include the new Z style rear bars and bushes. We adjusted the alignment and corner weighted the car. The difference front Left to Right is 4 pounds with the driver, fuel and track ready. The cross weights almost perfect. The gurus at LPE tweaked the tune, clutch and swapped out the rubber using the new ZL1 rear tires at all four corners. Our driver Dave Mikels got his first real seat time in the car. You can see how his confidence in growing in the L/28. As an engineer, Dave knows that a 4,100 car can't do certain things, but he is learning that LPE and Pedders can do more than most think possible

In the video you'll see the L/28 running the track at the same time as the highly modified ZR1. It was hot and the ZR1 was running too hot after about three laps. The ZR1 is FI and the L/28 is NA. The L/28 can run a bit loger and that is why you see Dave passing the ZR1. The track told us that 2:15 lap would be really fast. The ZR1 ran consistent 1:59s. Dave wqas not consistent in the L/28. He kept turning faster laps: His best was a 2:01 before we retired with a nickel and dime issue (the oil pressure sending unit was leaking oil at the fitting :(

We had issues with our data logging equipment The next time I am track side with the L/28 we'll have a new OBDII can bus cable and HD camera to provide better data and video.

This is only the second time the L/28 has run hot laps. We have less than 20 total hot laps on her. Dave is getting to know her better and is faster with every lap he runs. We'll run her three or four more times before we hit the track in Vegas. I want to thank all the people at LPE staring with Mr. Lingenfelter for allowing me to be part of the LPE L/28 TEAM!

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #9512
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
WoW...great stuff Pete...
Old 06-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #9513
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing

and this is why I own a convertible. . .for now.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #9514
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
very nice. I would love to get some laps in like that. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #9515
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
That thing sounds very angry. I love it!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #9516
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post

Verts are great in the rain. The sound of the rain on the roof while you are parked in the same spot watching a storm...

Quote:
very nice. I would love to get some laps in like that. lol.
There is a lot more left in the L/28 A lot
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #9517
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-2014.html

Weeeeell...lookie here...a Twin-Turbo V6...
Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #9518
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Dallas for the end of the Hot Rod Power Tours and the OPTIMA Challenge Qualifying Event. The first event was the autocross and speed stop challenge. Due to a change in the location of these events they were very different from the setups the last few years out at Spring Mountain. The AC was so tight it was miserable for high power cars and favored smaller lighter less powerful cars. The parking lots for both events have just been sealed making the surfaces slick. The LPE L/28 did well in both, but did not place. That isn't what she was built for. On the road course, we finished second to a highly modified ZR1 Corvette. The Vette had functional front and rear aero creating hundreds of pounds of down force. It had more RWHP and of course was a minimum of 700 pounds lighter.

We are still dialing in the L/28 as a TEAM. The suspension has been tweaked to include the new Z style rear bars and bushes. We adjusted the alignment and corner weighted the car. The difference front Left to Right is 4 pounds with the driver, fuel and track ready. The cross weights almost perfect. The gurus at LPE tweaked the tune, clutch and swapped out the rubber using the new ZL1 rear tires at all four corners. Our driver Dave Mikels got his first real seat time in the car. You can see how his confidence in growing in the L/28. As an engineer, Dave knows that a 4,100 car can't do certain things, but he is learning that LPE and Pedders can do more than most think possible

In the video you'll see the L/28 running the track at the same time as the highly modified ZR1. It was hot and the ZR1 was running too hot after about three laps. The ZR1 is FI and the L/28 is NA. The L/28 can run a bit loger and that is why you see Dave passing the ZR1. The track told us that 2:15 lap would be really fast. The ZR1 ran consistent 1:59s. Dave wqas not consistent in the L/28. He kept turning faster laps: His best was a 2:01 before we retired with a nickel and dime issue (the oil pressure sending unit was leaking oil at the fitting :(

We had issues with our data logging equipment The next time I am track side with the L/28 we'll have a new OBDII can bus cable and HD camera to provide better data and video.

This is only the second time the L/28 has run hot laps. We have less than 20 total hot laps on her. Dave is getting to know her better and is faster with every lap he runs. We'll run her three or four more times before we hit the track in Vegas. I want to thank all the people at LPE staring with Mr. Lingenfelter for allowing me to be part of the LPE L/28 TEAM!

Nice!!!!!!

Quote:

For now? What does that mean? A short leash?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #9519
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Very impressive Pete! I look forward to reading more updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-2014.html

Weeeeell...lookie here...a Twin-Turbo V6...

Very interesting....

I wonder why they blurred out that side of the engine bay in both pictures?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #9520
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
250 hp Verano ..........Jimmie Likie

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014