Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #29
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Instead of complaining and ranting about getting back into a Honda and how camaro is a crap car, get a Honda and leave the forums , nobody is asking you to continuously rant on unless you're seeking attention.
Instead of complaining that the Camaro is a crap car, consider that buying a used car is always a crapshoot, never more so than when you buy a car that appeals to boy racer idiots who don't know how to care for it.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:35 PM   #30
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2011 SS
Just a note about checking oil, don't know if it's a factor here or not, but you'd be surprised how often it happens.

If you've just driven the car, you need to wait at least 15 to 30 minutes to get an accurate reading on the dipstick. Also make sure the car is on flat ground, because, well, you know, gravity.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:50 PM   #31
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Instead of complaining and ranting about getting back into a Honda and how camaro is a crap car, get a Honda and leave the forums , nobody is asking you to continuously rant on unless you're seeking attention.
I don't think the Camaro is a crap car. Not sure of where I said that. Sorry I hurt your feelings lol
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #32
CamiLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Just a note about checking oil, don't know if it's a factor here or not, but you'd be surprised how often it happens.

If you've just driven the car, you need to wait at least 15 to 30 minutes to get an accurate reading on the dipstick. Also make sure the car is on flat ground, because, well, you know, gravity.
Thanks for looking out. I'm almost always sure to let her sit before checking. If i'm in a rush and can't wait for it to sit, I always keep in mind that i'm not getting the most accurate reading. I usually only do that to be sure that it isn't absurdly low though.

Edit: There's a chance that maybe I didn't let the car sit long enough when checking at times. I get incredibly anxious when it comes to these things so I tend to rush.

Last edited by CamiLFX; 02-25-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 PM   #33
CamiLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Why don't you make them be the ones to top up the engine when it got low after 1500 miles and make them continue to monitor it? If it uses 2 quarts in the next 2000 miles there is some kind of an issue no doubt. Did you take it back and show them it lost 1.5 quarts in the next 500 miles or top it off yourself? I hope you showed it to them....

I wouldn't do any of my own changes until this got sorted out...
I topped it off myself because I was 45 minutes away from the dealer and didn't feel safe running across the metroplex being low on oil. I assumed that they'd just send me on my way since it was outside of the testing period anyway. I'll continue to watch my oil level and be sure to mention it again when I go in for my next service
Old 02-25-2018, 10:15 PM   #34
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I’d ck the oil next time right after the change and note the level — just to make sure it’s full...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:24 PM   #35
CamiLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Instead of complaining that the Camaro is a crap car, consider that buying a used car is always a crapshoot, never more so than when you buy a car that appeals to boy racer idiots who don't know how to care for it.
I gave the previous owner the benefit of the doubt since he seemed to have been of a mature age. I work at the dealership that I bought the car from so I was able to drive it and look through it myself before it ever went through recon. Guess you live and you learn.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #36
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiLFX View Post
I topped it off myself because I was 45 minutes away from the dealer and didn't feel safe running across the metroplex being low on oil. I assumed that they'd just send me on my way since it was outside of the testing period anyway. I'll continue to watch my oil level and be sure to mention it again when I go in for my next service
Its a weird situation where the car loses oil after say 1500 miles but not before that has me scratching my head. I would ask them to start the test at the point where it rears its head. Go in with 1500 miles, have them top it up if need be and then monitor for the next 1000 say.

They won't do anything if you keep adding to it.... I had a Camry that went thru oil like $hit thru a goose LOL and I let them measure and monitor and I didn't add a drop. Motor was rebuilt not long after that under warranty on Toyota's nickel.......
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #37
CamiLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Its a weird situation where the car loses oil after say 1500 miles but not before that has me scratching my head. I would ask them to start the test at the point where it rears its head. Go in with 1500 miles, have them top it up if need be and then monitor for the next 1000 say.

They won't do anything if you keep adding to it.... I had a Camry that went thru oil like $hit thru a goose LOL and I let them measure and monitor and I didn't add a drop. Motor was rebuilt not long after that under warranty on Toyota's nickel.......
Not a bad idea. I'll have to find the time to do so. Probably won't be until next week. I'll come back and post here once I get results
Old 02-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #38
sixty9fordkiller

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Where are you getting this information from? On the low self-esteem LS3 owners section?
Old 02-27-2018, 01:31 AM   #39
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
You do realize I was not complaining , but talking about the OP, also it could of been a lemon used and abused by 18 year old kids lol. Research is key.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:03 AM   #40
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiLFX View Post
I gave the previous owner the benefit of the doubt since he seemed to have been of a mature age. I work at the dealership that I bought the car from so I was able to drive it and look through it myself before it ever went through recon. Guess you live and you learn.

Oh here we go, bringing in the mature age , Please return to the first page and check what you said, and confirm you are of age sir.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:46 AM   #41
CamiLFX

Quote:
Oh here we go, bringing in the mature age , Please return to the first page and check what you said, and confirm you are of age sir.
Which post are you referring to? And perhaps age was the wrong word to use, because i'm pretty young myself. The PO didn't come off as someone who'd abuse the car, if that clears anything up.