Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Post BCM info.

Long story but will try to make it short.

Good friend has a 2011 2SS that he added a Whipple to many years ago, then 3 years ago the motor was showing its age, so he started to rebuild it this took a long time, 2 1/2 years, and in that time something happened that he did not know was happening to the BCM.

As the car gets put back together, he goes to start the car and it starts, but will not run right, it is missing and the DIC is throwing all kinds of codes, windows will not index, and on and on, so he thinks its a ground wire some where, he looks and looks, but all the ground are fine, after 5 months of truing everything he can think of, he asks me if i can think of whats going on, to me its the BCM, i tell him to get a new one and have the dealer replace it.

He does not have the cash to go to the dealer, so he try's to get it programed at a shop, but he cat get it done, something is not letting the new BCM marry to the car, at this point we are stumped, so we told him to bring the car to our shop.

We start to run continuity test to confirm there are no cut wires, this is going on for 2 1/2 weeks as time allows, last Tuesday we puled (for the first time) all 7 connectors off the BCM to test the wires, and as we are done we reinstall the BCM connectors, at this pint we found no bad wires in the car, but i needed the room for a new car that we are working on, owner starts the car and it starts runs fine, and all the problems are gone.

We did not do anything At all, so here is what we came up with and we are passing it on for what its worth, we think by not having power to the BCM the pins in the connector and the pins in the BCM built up some Kind of film corrosion like on a battery post, and when we removed the connector and put them back on it allowed the male and female pins to make a good contact once more.

This to to help members out, use it for info only.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:58 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
This stuff is great for those problems
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote