Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
Hurst Throw Shifter (Dealer Installed)?

Greetings.

I had picked up on an order from a gentleman that cancelled because his military status conflicted with his plans of getting the car. His sales guy said that he had ordered sometime in October but to this day, its still at 1100. I noticed that the Hurst Shift option was on the order and I am aware the GM has restricted this option and will not accept any orders until it is removed by dealer. I was looking closely at the order and noticed that "VYV: LPO Hurst Throw Shifter (Dealer Installed)" was printed under Vehicle Specs.

If it's dealer installed, doesn't this mean that the car should still be accepted anyway or does the dealer have to completely remove it off the order?

Thanks
Greg
theshadow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Not sure of the thread, but a guy on here did not have the Hurst shift option taken off and his car WAS still built. Sorry, not sure of thread, but I'm sure someone will remember. So it has happened.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
SuperChevyICM

Drives: Mazda 6
Dealer has to remove it to clear the error code:

Constraint Updates:
Cyber Gray Metallic Paint (RPO code GBV)
Cyber Gray Metallic (RPO code: GBV) is off of constraint and available as free flow option starting this week.

Hurst Short Throw Shifter (LPO code VYV)
All Camaro orders with the Hurst Short Throw Shifter (LPO VYV) were placed on “error pending” status. This status requires dealers to review and correct the order by removing the VYV option code Once the code is removed, the order will return to its normal “on hand” status and be eligible to be placed into production. Should your customer choose to wait for the Hurst Shifter (still a couple of weeks away from introduction), leave VYV on the order, and any orders that remain with VYV after the new "Factory Installed RPO" code is issued will have the VYV LPO code replaced with the new RPO code.

High Wing Spoiler (LPO code 5V5)
The LPO / Dealer-installed accessory High Wing Spoiler (LPO code: 5V5) remains on full constraint.
SuperChevyICM is offline   Reply With Quote