Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-22-2018, 09:52 AM   #43
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Choices:
Name:  Mickey_Mouse_Parking_Ticket.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  182.8 KB

Name:  turtle parking ticket.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  103.0 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #44
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
LOL, I se this shite everyday. usually the other drive is so fat they cant get out the car without bouncing the door on the other car. I ask,'why"? Occasionally, someone will park inside the lines of my parking space where my new Goldwing is parked. Now THAT pisses me off. They think, well since a bike is parked there I can park closer. No you moron! stay within your lines!! My wife gets after me for parking her new Mercedes out further when we go out. She hates that. She is the kind of person that will park close at walmart in her new car...I don't get it. I paid a lot of money for that car!!
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #45
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Drives: 2010 2SS SIM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Oldie but effective. I keep these in the glove box for just such occasions. I couldnt figue out how to cover the swearing. If this is not acceptable please delete
This is awesome!
SlimeV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #46
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Believe it or not, this is very common and I deal with this on a daily basis. I am very anal with parking spaces, but how I go about it is in several ways:

-Try to park next to well cared for cars.
-Don't be too obvious that you are avoiding contact. Morons don't know much, but they know how to cause trouble and they know how to damage things.
-Park next to a stationary object or a car that is parked long-term.

You can mitigate instances of contact, but of course it isn't foolproof. I've found that your best defense is your instinct; That and, of course, if its too precious to drive then leave it home.
Excellent advice, to be sure... but my secret weapon is distance. Sure, it's not sure- fire, but in a huge, empty parking lot, parking way the hell out in BFE might mean that I have to walk a little farther (Hey! Health benefits!), but very rarely will some jerk who gives no f's about other peoples' cars be willing to walk as far as I am willing to walk. The people who drive/ park like crap are usually lazy SOBs, too... they won't walk.

I'd walk 500 miles, and then I'd walk 500 more... well, okay, maybe not 500 miles, but distance from the front door of the establishment is very effective.

There is a business that I frequent that has a six- story parking garage, thousands of parking spots. I found a spot on the fifth floor (practically a hidden floor, as nobody else ever goes there!), that is a single spot, in between two massive support pillars. It's the best parking spot in the entire county, I am certain. Sorry, I know... worthless without pics. I'll get that pic for you soon, and will post it here, just for the purpose of making all of you fellow Camaro owners jealous!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #47
hdkeno

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
I always park as far from the building/store as possible. Hate the walk but figure the exercise is good for me, and I don't like to tempt morons.

Last year I parked my 70 Camaro about 1/4 mile out in the parking lot. Not a car within 100 yards. Came out and some a** in a beater pickup was parked next to my car!
hdkeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #48
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
She is the kind of person that will park close at walmart in her new car...I don't get it.
This is why my wife drives a Kia

Only new car I've ever bought, and the thing looks like she parked it sideways on a driving range
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:08 PM   #49
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
The problem with retaliating is that the owner of the Audi might be hiding in the weeds with video recorder in hand waiting for the Camaro owner to do something...
I would stake him out from the confines of the weeds.

I guess he would never come out! loll

He'd be like, WTF!!!

loll
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #50
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
I just misalign their side mirrors when this happens.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #51
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I do feel for people who have to park their Camaro at work. There's really nothing you can do to escape someone parking next to you, and it's pretty unreasonable to expect that people will not park next to you because you have a nice car. Bottom line is unless you can park WAY away from everyone, don't bring the Camaro to work! Oh, you want it as a Daily Driver, then you are going to get the "daily" dose of knuckleheads that ding your doors. It is sad that idiots are like that and have no respect for someone with a nice car. When I have to park my Camaro, you better believe it's all alone way out in the parking lot. My kids laugh at me, but I don't want that damn ding.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #52
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I do feel for people who have to park their Camaro at work. There's really nothing you can do to escape someone parking next to you, and it's pretty unreasonable to expect that people will not park next to you because you have a nice car. Bottom line is unless you can park WAY away from everyone, don't bring the Camaro to work! Oh, you want it as a Daily Driver, then you are going to get the "daily" dose of knuckleheads that ding your doors. It is sad that idiots are like that and have no respect for someone with a nice car. When I have to park my Camaro, you better believe it's all alone way out in the parking lot. My kids laugh at me, but I don't want that damn ding.
I park my car at the right edge of the lot so no one can park on the passenger side of the car. The one who parks to the left is usually a solo driver so there is no chance of dinging the driver side of my car. Knock on wood but no dings so far in four years.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #53
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
I park next to curb at work. single file. GF parks next to me. her Dodge takes the hits for me
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #54
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
I park next to curb at work. single file. GF parks next to me. her Dodge takes the hits for me
Why not just carpool with your gf in her Dodge?
Yeah I know, carpooling is not as easy as it looks. I used to carpool with my wife when our offices are just a couple of miles apart. Sometimes, I have to stay late, sometimes she does, and so on.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #55
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Why not just carpool with your gf in her Dodge?
Yeah I know, carpooling is not as easy as it looks. I used to carpool with my wife when our offices are just a couple of miles apart. Sometimes, I have to stay late, sometimes she does, and so on.
Eww! ride in a... DODGE? LOL! Actually live on different sides of town, but there have been occasions that we have "carpooled" in my Camaro!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #56
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
...There is a business that I frequent that has a six- story parking garage, thousands of parking spots. I found a spot on the fifth floor (practically a hidden floor, as nobody else ever goes there!), that is a single spot, in between two massive support pillars. It's the best parking spot in the entire county, I am certain. Sorry, I know... worthless without pics. I'll get that pic for you soon, and will post it here, just for the purpose of making all of you fellow Camaro owners jealous!

As promised... pic of the BPSE (Best Parking Space Ever):

Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote