Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Geelouise

Drives: 2011 v6
Nitrious

Hello I'm wanting to run nitrious set up on my 2011v6. What setup should I do and how much HP can I get? All I have for mods are mrt v2 exhaust. Thanks for replies
Geelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 AM   #2
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Don't do it Kid!!!... you'll shoot your eye out!!!!

maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312766
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #4
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
You will make a lot more power if you run nitrous!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
Don't do it Kid!!!... you'll shoot your eye out!!!!

best possible response

Idk man....do you have any knowledge at all on using nitrous? your question leads me to believe you do not and if you don't, I wouldn't mess with it. If you are hell bent on adding nitrous to your car I would suggest getting a very good NX system that has every single failsafe and add on possible to monitor itself for you. Make sure you have installed by a good shop and also tuned by a really good tuner. The less you know, the more you will need a system that can do all the thinking for you.

Something fully put together that has every single thing in order for you not to need much besides put in a full bottle and turn it on is going to cost you some coin though.

To answer your question. On stock fuel system for V6 I wouldn't do much more than a 125 shot. With a standalone fuel cell for the nitrous you can do more but if you aren't racing the car and don't plan on being on Street Outlaws, I'd say keep it 125 or less. NX I believe rates their kits for rwhp so the shot is actually what it says and your tq will be over 200ish more.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote