Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #15
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
Unlike Chrysler, GM is letting the dealer franchise contracts expire rather than terminate them by a certain date. This, in the long run gives the dealers more time to get a contract from someone else or explore other options. Chrysler is just plain killing them off on June 9th.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #16
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Unless a dealer goes under on it's own, everyone with a deposit on a new Camaro will not be affected by this decision.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Well, at this point I'm soooooo glad I decided to order my car early and not wait. Now I'm just hoping to get it in time for my dealer not to be cut and keep my deposit.

This is not a rumor or fear spreading. I'm just being honest with the info I have allready. My dealer didn't take HALF the orders the others in my area because they reqired twice the deposit.
I even more glad I HAVE NOT ordered yet, between dealers closing (they will not tell you which ones) and GM's looming bankrupcy, If you have a deposit out there your money may as well be on the crap table
jdanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #18
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanza View Post
I even more glad I HAVE NOT ordered yet, between dealers closing (they will not tell you which ones) and GM's looming bankrupcy, If you have a deposit out there your money may as well be on the crap table
I do not believe this to be true.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
CurtG

Drives: 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
I do not believe this to be true.
Then your kidding yourself. We will be seeing lots of complaints on dealers going out and keeping peoples deposits before too long. Your delusional if you think you won't be the at the back end of the list on getting your money back from the dealership in bankruptcy court.
CurtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #20
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Everyone's throwing out a "sky is falling" panic about the dealers and pre-ordered Camaros, i.e. deposits, but uh..., stop. It says quite plainly in the report from the OP that most franchise agreements don't end until LATE NEXT YEAR. So really, all you pessimists out there just need to stop talking. Nothing personal to anyone, but I'm tired of people being so negative just because their glass is "half empty".

There's realistic, and then there's negative, and most of what I'm seeing lately is negative. Please, it doesn't help the current situation AT ALL to be negative and complain needlessly.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
salluk

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
GM is being fools - they think we do not understand what is going on. All of us had faith in them and in this economy ordered a very expensive car.....
Mine is 2 SS Orange - black rally stripes, black leather interior - RS Package W/Sunroof and upgraded stereo. Like most of you I had the forethought to order early. I put my money down 7-3-2006 and sat waiting.
They are doing very bad business by making us wait longer than needed. My car was finished 4-16-09 at 4:59 pm. AND THEY STILL WILL NOT RELEASE IT FOR SHIPPING. Even better - have you heard about the RECALL !!
salluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #22
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I put my money down 7-3-2006
What!?
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #23
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Everyone's throwing out a "sky is falling" panic about the dealers and pre-ordered Camaros, i.e. deposits, but uh..., stop. It says quite plainly in the report from the OP that most franchise agreements don't end until LATE NEXT YEAR. So really, all you pessimists out there just need to stop talking. Nothing personal to anyone, but I'm tired of people being so negative just because their glass is "half empty".

There's realistic, and then there's negative, and most of what I'm seeing lately is negative. Please, it doesn't help the current situation AT ALL to be negative and complain needlessly.
Being realistic is what is going on. Dealers are going to close but its up to them when they want to cut bait if they got a closure notice. Yes, a lot of the agreements end late next year but they also said that the dealers could get out anytime before that.

They can take deposits up until the day they close because GM didnt release the closure list and then put the padlock on and how would people get the deposits back?

Im sorry, Im pissed that I dont know what dealerships arent being renewed. It just gives the dealers that window to lie to people and we know it will happen. Then GM will get a bad reputation because the dealers lied.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by salluk View Post
GM is being fools - they think we do not understand what is going on. All of us had faith in them and in this economy ordered a very expensive car.....
Mine is 2 SS Orange - black rally stripes, black leather interior - RS Package W/Sunroof and upgraded stereo. Like most of you I had the forethought to order early. I put my money down 7-3-2006 and sat waiting.
They are doing very bad business by making us wait longer than needed. My car was finished 4-16-09 at 4:59 pm. AND THEY STILL WILL NOT RELEASE IT FOR SHIPPING. Even better - have you heard about the RECALL !!
Wait, you put money down before GM even announced that it would go into production (Aug 2006)?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote