Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #43
rforbes

Drives: IOM SS/RS
I had been waiting ever since the Iphone first came out, so I pulled the trigger on 5/15 and purchased one. Then out of the blue, my friend asks me if I had heard of the "New" 3GS coming out!!!!

Luckily, At&t lets you return it within 30 days which I did, and ordered the new one which should be in tomorrow. The store claims that Apple did not inform them of the new phone coming out until about a couple of weeks ago. I have a hard time believing that. Imagine all of the people who purchased one that was just outside the 30 day return period.
rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #44
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
I kind of do believe that they just found out. There has been talk of a new iPhone, but it was pretty secret. Then the debuted it a few weeks ago at a tech show. Then they announced the release date of like 3 weeks in the future. I was very surprised.

Glad you were able to return it though!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #45
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Palm Pre > iPhone

I don't care how fast the iPhone is if I can only do one thing at a time...
I love my Pre... best phone ever

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #46
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroHutch View Post
Not only that, but I'm saving $40 a month for a better plan (coming from Verizon).

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #47
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
please fellas.........order from your local AT&T Store rather than Best Buy or Apple.............

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #48
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
I'm supposed to be getting 2 16 gig 3gs tomorrow in the mail. My wife is a computer geek, her words not mine. If its new and improved she wants it.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #49
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Quote:
went to best buy to play with one, they dont have it activated so i couldnt play with the features but otherwise, i hated the layout of it. i dont like slide phones, the keyboard buttons are too small, too close together, too rubbery feeling (fingers kinda stick to it), it felt like it was in a dish had a werid curve to it, and the edging around the keyboard was sharp. sorry but im not switching back to sprint and their shitty service just for a phone that i can say i can play music and write emails, oh wait, i can already do that with the iphone
liquidfire350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #50
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfire350 View Post
went to best buy to play with one, they dont have it activated so i couldnt play with the features but otherwise, i hated the layout of it. i dont like slide phones, the keyboard buttons are too small, too close together, too rubbery feeling (fingers kinda stick to it), it felt like it was in a dish had a werid curve to it, and the edging around the keyboard was sharp. sorry but im not switching back to sprint and their shitty service just for a phone that i can say i can play music and write emails, oh wait, i can already do that with the iphone
But you can't surf the web, listen to pandora, and txt msg all at the same time! Also, you get used to the button layout ( I have large hands, and it is still a lot easier than typing on the iphone...)

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #51
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Quote:
But you can't surf the web, listen to pandora, and txt msg all at the same time! Also, you get used to the button layout ( I have large hands, and it is still a lot easier than typing on the iphone...)
Again, I wasn't able to play with it so I don't know how well the multi-tasking works, I can be on the Internet, listen to the iPod ( I don't see what's so great about pandora), when a text message pops up, I push reply, text, push 2 buttons and I'm right back to the internet where I left off.

Sure the pre may be great, but it's not enough to make me deal with sprint all over again
liquidfire350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #52
CurtG

Drives: 350z
Just picked up my 3g s and it's amazing how much faster it is than my first gen was. Also have to love that even though they don't offer my phone plan anymore I get to keep it as long as I don't change it... So only ended up being a 20 dollar a month increase for a much faster phone that can do more.

Now if they would get MMS Turned on I'd be set.
CurtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #53
jspeak32

Drives: Silverado
Got one. I skipped over last years 3G and have still been using the original iphone, I felt I was due for something new.