Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #687
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Bro, i'm still in shock from the drive home, and have a shit eating grin from ear to ear. At idle inside the car just bumps, the cam is perfect! Ryne is a true master at making the custom grind and then tuning them. Going to CMS was the BEST decision I've made since moving to Cali!
haha yeah id imagine you look a little like this and then a bit more of this while putting the peddle to the floor
Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #688
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
SWEEEEEET JESUS that's music to my ears ,that cam sounds awesome , J i'm speechless bro what can i say you have the strongest beast and the toughest monster anyone would dream of , enjoy your rides ma man we only live once
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #689
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Dayuuuum bro love that sound, what is the duration on the Cam?

I agree with you Tim, just love the sound at idle and how the car rumbles. It really is a whole different animal, the power throughout the powerband was so impressive! Major props to Ryne Cunningham of Cunningham Motorsports, it's his custom cam specs & then he tunes pulling great power out of it without any hiccups. No more backfires or pops, the thing just wants to keep going!

I'll send you the cam specs in a PM, as my builder would rather I not post them since it's his custom specced cam.

Looks like you & I have something else in common (See Below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
haha yeah id imagine you look a little like this and then a bit more of this while putting the peddle to the floor
Bro, I had a perma grin the whole time I was behind the wheel! It really is a super car now and runs like a champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
SWEEEEEET JESUS that's music to my ears ,that cam sounds awesome , J i'm speechless bro what can i say you have the strongest beast and the toughest monster anyone would dream of , enjoy your rides ma man we only live once
P, the cam changed the car so much I can't even explain it, along with the ID850 injectors, the rear end, everything Cunningham MS did was so on point and thorough, that's why I didn't rush them cause I know Ryne is a perfectionist & is one of the best, if not the best tuners on the West Coast. He adjusted the suspension, along with his tune & custom cam, that the car is SO MUCH different than it was 2 months ago. Now I know why people drive 100s of miles & get hotel rooms overnight to have him tune their cars. Looks like your rims made it in a US mag too, Pierre

Got home to this nice little surprise today in the mail!!! What an honor to be selected to be one of the few to be showcased in GM High Performance mag! It made my day, night, weekend!! Now to find as many copies as I can and make some framed pieces for my boys back east. I wish they would've waited until I sent them the updated pics & spec sheet showing a bit over 700 RWHP, but it's an honor & I'm not complaining at all! I'll make sure the next piece has the right info!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #690
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
WOOOOO HOOOO looks great J ,this is the best pic of the Kronix if ever seen btw , i'm soooo happy for you buddy and i wish we had a single tuner shop here so i could do some muscle pumpinn myself , the rims are famous now in the amercan mags on your car and in the middle eastern and gulf mags on my car ,how cool is that , with great power comes great resposability "i've heard that in a movie or somthinn" drive safely J and the the feeling of beeing recognised and appreciated is out of this world , enjoy your moments to the max ma man, like i said before we only live once so live it to the max. .
Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #691
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
WOOOOO HOOOO looks great J ,this is the best pic of the Kronix if ever seen btw , i'm soooo happy for you buddy and i wish we had a single tuner shop here so i could do some muscle pumpinn myself , the rims are famous now in the amercan mags on your car and in the middle eastern and gulf mags on my car ,how cool is that , with great power comes great resposability "i've heard that in a movie or somthinn" drive safely J and the the feeling of beeing recognised and appreciated is out of this world , enjoy your moments to the max ma man, like i said before we only live once so live it to the max. .
Thanks brotha!! It's great having 2 bad whips, now maybe the wife will let me play with her Benz

It is pretty cool seeing my car in a magazine, never would of thought that would happen when I was younger, so it's made me proud to see all my hard work pay off. Not to mention that the ZLX feels so good to drive, CMS really dialed it in with power & suspension and it'll really let me push the car to the limits. It's a great feeling knowing that I have one of the fastest cars around and it'll definitely be a sleeper when some quarter million dollar super car pulls up next to me!

Much better pictures to showcase everything that's been done to come & some video for some sounds and I'll even bust out the GoPro video camera and see if I can take some cool vids. Thanks for all the support

Old 02-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #692
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Kronix, congrats on the car. CMS did a monster job on your tune. Vid was badass! Saw your car at Antidote a while back. on the magazine as well.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #693
rccamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Congrats John. Nothing less than a piece of art. Enjoy!
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #694
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Featured in a magazine, incredible! Congrats!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #695
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
John,
You have the "ZL1 Eater" in the fast lane. I loved the sound...that is so "old school". I have always maintained there is nothing quite so nice as a good sounding cam. The tone and the lope are SWEET!!

BTW...Can you feel the love from Tim on this one? I just felt his presence with you...

Nicely done my friend....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #696
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Kronix, congrats on the car. CMS did a monster job on your tune. Vid was badass! Saw your car at Antidote a while back. on the magazine as well.
Thanks Gunny, appreciate the props amigo! You damn right, CMS did an AWESOME job with completing the build & the tuning. It's amazing how much difference a GOOD, no GREAT tuner makes. Ryne had the car for 2 months, and I never rushed him, I wanted him to know the car inside & out because a few other shops had it before him, when I lived in central Cali. He found so many things done not to his standard, even from the dealership, and bringing it too him was the best thing I've done with the car. There's no wonder why people with Vettes, and other late model muscle cars will come from out of state & get a hotel room while he works on their car. He's not a prick, and takes the time to thoroughly explain everything because he knows not everyone is a mechanic. Him & Texas Mike really made my car into something so much more than what it was when I brought it to them, it's really hard to believe it's the same car. And the guys at Antidote, what can I say about them, they're truly class people and I'm now proud to call them all friends, they've done so much for both my cars and I'm happy to represent them.

I'll definitely make some better videos, that one was kind of rushed. We're doing a few finishing touches on it at Antidote, then I'll really get to enjoy it!
Thanks again for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Congrats John. Nothing less than a piece of art. Enjoy!
Thanks brother, I appreciate all your positive comments throughout the year and my build. Much respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Featured in a magazine, incredible! Congrats!
Thanks Luke, same goes for you, I appreciate all your support & the friendship we've developed over the past year bouncing ideas & mods off each other. I value what we've put together and look forward to seeing your beast & one day cruising together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
You have the "ZL1 Eater" in the fast lane. I loved the sound...that is so "old school". I have always maintained there is nothing quite so nice as a good sounding cam. The tone and the lope are SWEET!!

BTW...Can you feel the love from Tim on this one? I just felt his presence with you...

Nicely done my friend....

Kurt ABL99...
Kurt, you're so right about adding the cam! It totally transforms the car in a back to the future kind of way. Just sitting there at a stop light feeling the car rumble and rock back and forth, and hearing that sound, it's just AWESOME!

Tim has always been a big motivation for me, and he's always answered my questions with ease. There's a real group of classy people on here always willing to lend advice & support, especially you! That's why I always answer ever PM & question I get, cause I enjoy helping people if I can and it's nice to see the hard work and fruits of my labor be recognized by my peers.

Thanks again to all & there are a few more things planned, even though I say that's it!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #697
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Thanks Gunny, appreciate the props amigo! You damn right, CMS did an AWESOME job with completing the build & the tuning. It's amazing how much difference a GOOD, no GREAT tuner makes. Ryne had the car for 2 months, and I never rushed him, I wanted him to know the car inside & out because a few other shops had it before him, when I lived in central Cali. He found so many things done not to his standard, even from the dealership, and bringing it too him was the best thing I've done with the car. There's no wonder why people with Vettes, and other late model muscle cars will come from out of state & get a hotel room while he works on their car. He's not a prick, and takes the time to thoroughly explain everything because he knows not everyone is a mechanic. Him & Texas Mike really made my car into something so much more than what it was when I brought it to them, it's really hard to believe it's the same car. And the guys at Antidote, what can I say about them, they're truly class people and I'm now proud to call them all friends, they've done so much for both my cars and I'm happy to represent them.

I'll definitely make some better videos, that one was kind of rushed. We're doing a few finishing touches on it at Antidote, then I'll really get to enjoy it!
Thanks again for the support!

Thanks brother, I appreciate all your positive comments throughout the year and my build. Much respect!

Thanks Luke, same goes for you, I appreciate all your support & the friendship we've developed over the past year bouncing ideas & mods off each other. I value what we've put together and look forward to seeing your beast & one day cruising together!

Kurt, you're so right about adding the cam! It totally transforms the car in a back to the future kind of way. Just sitting there at a stop light feeling the car rumble and rock back and forth, and hearing that sound, it's just AWESOME!

Tim has always been a big motivation for me, and he's always answered my questions with ease. There's a real group of classy people on here always willing to lend advice & support, especially you! That's why I always answer ever PM & question I get, cause I enjoy helping people if I can and it's nice to see the hard work and fruits of my labor be recognized by my peers.

Thanks again to all & there are a few more things planned, even though I say that's it!
John, I am sitting here with the biggest grin on my face....because of what you said about at a stop light!! I have the same feeling when we are driving our 1968 Camaro...with the cam and the header/sidepipes working together, I am sitting on "Cloud Nine"...

Maybe one of these days we will both meet up somewhere and share some quality time together...somehow we have grown together....God has brought us together, and I can definitely see a big difference from the time we were introduced by you getting the engine covers from Roger Neace....I just knew there was something REAL SPECIAL about that!!...

Nicely done MY FRIEND,

Kurt ABL99...
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #698
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
HELL YEAH! BRO!!!!!!! WOO!! Thats how we do it! Representation, camaro5 style!
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #699
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
Quote:
You guys kill me!! Or should I say ready to kill zombies, since we now have our own small army!

Well picked up everything today & I must say I am not disappointed! The Tahoe came out phenomenal, with the Iron Bull bumpers, new HID headlights, Oracle fogs & driving lights & LED Rear lights, and a new custom leather wrapped Sub Woofer enclosure that's a one of a kind(pics of that tomorrow when it's light out) the boys at Antidote out did themselves!

And Cunningham Motorsports, WTF can I say!!! Ryne is a master with these LS engines. The car is a whole different beast from when I dropped it off. 700 HP to the wheels and the cam has very tame manners & an awesome old school lope. Coming home I was just cruising around 80 mph in 5th gear & just punched it and it was at 150 before I even knew what happened! The suspension rides like a dream, tracks straight as an arrow with no hands on the wheel, I really can't wait to put some miles on it and find some victims!

I made this quick video when we got back to Antidote so you can hear the lope of the cam, but I'll make a better one this weekend. I'm having it color sanded, buffed & polished tomorrow, then the plans for the last cosmetic mod will be set and we'll work on that the next week or so. I'll have plenty more pics & videos, since I FINALLY have both whips back!!!

It's baaaaack!!! (Sorry for the shitty iPhone pics, the sun was going down)

Zombie Hoe!

The Hoe is freaking amazing, are those 35s? looks like you might be able to go a little bigger with the new bumpers.
Baylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #700
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
WOW
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx