Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #43
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
I noticed you only mentioned that the mods were the Injen and Flowmasters but it is also lowered 1".

I also thought about putting some stripes on her when I first got her but after a while the plain Victory Red grew on me just because it seems like Camaros with stripes are more common. I was the only one in our local club without stripes.

Not sure if I mentioned it in the note but the car is the 2015th 2010 Camaro built and she was built on my birthday, April 1, 2009.

Some pics from when I owned her included being signed by Scott Settlemire
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #44
dsirmans
Camaro Compulsive

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT RS ;)
Thank you Dan,

Without finding you, I would have never known her story. Thank you for sharing her pictures with me. Untill reading your letter, I didnt know she was lowered. I changed my profile to reflect the 1LT. My kids are your age and dying to driver her. UMM, NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats my baby, she still even has the airbag hang tag on the glove box.
dsirmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #45
dtm4192

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsirmans View Post
Thank you Dan,

Without finding you, I would have never known her story. Thank you for sharing her pictures with me. Untill reading your letter, I didnt know she was lowered. I changed my profile to reflect the 1LT. My kids are your age and dying to driver her. UMM, NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats my baby, she still even has the airbag hang tag on the glove box.
Yeah the lowering is only 1" so it is pretty subtle but parked next to a stock Camaro it really stands out. I don't blame you for not letting your kids drive her..I'm the only one outside people at the dealership to drive her. Not sure if I mentioned it before but last summer a deer ran into the side of her. The driver's side mirror and door panel are new and the front fender and rear quarter panel had dents removed and the entire driver's side was repainted. I never had the chance to put some fresh wax on the driver's side after I got her back from the body shop since the paint had to cure for 6 weeks. I ended up losing her before I could wax it. I doubt anybody else took care of that so I would do that asap if I was you. I've always used Meguier's wax and detail spray on her. Also the oil has always been changed every 3000 miles with Mobil1 full synthetic 5w-30. Shortly after I got her I noticed that when I put the windows up while turning the key off sometimes they would go back down for some unknown reason. I took her back to the dealer and they said that the window tracks were messed up and they replaced them. It still did it after that and I just lived with it. If you find that it bothers you let the dealer know that it isn't the window tracks.

Keep me updated as you mod her and how she's doing.

Dan
Old 01-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #46
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
You have the lucky find of the month!!!

Ps
Don't buy any lottery tickets for a while...
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #47
dsirmans
Camaro Compulsive

I did, got out yesterday, washed her up, swirl mark remover, and a nice coat of liquid glass!!! Then went and had her tinted, they left finger prints all over her.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #48
dtm4192

That's good to hear. My next mod to her was probably going to be window tint. For the signature (which was something else I was planning on doing) there is some clear vinyl that you can get. Just get some of that and cut to size and stick it over top of the signature. Like somebody else mentioned, don't clear coat it. I asked about that when she was in the body shop and they said it would cause the signature to smudge.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #49
dtm4192

Oh yeah and I know the feeling about having to deal with the fingerprints. I was really ocd about cleaning her lol. Also by now she'll need to be clay bared again. Last time I did that was last spring and I try to clay bar my cars once every six months.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #50
StreetReporter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Black on Black
You, sir, are a very lucky man.

Ironically, replacing "fbod" in godfather takes out the real definition of Scott -- he is a God among men!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #51
StreetReporter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Black on Black
P.S. I live in Cincinnati and there are lot of signed red Camaros around here -- Pete Rose autographed a limited number of "Hit King" Camaros.

Those will be worth something someday, especially when the #1 hitter in baseball gets readmitted into the MLB and the Hall of Fame.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #52
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetReporter View Post
P.S. I live in Cincinnati and there are lot of signed red Camaros around here -- Pete Rose autographed a limited number of "Hit King" Camaros.

Those will be worth something someday, especially when the #1 hitter in baseball gets readmitted into the MLB and the Hall of Fame.
What a buch of crap that he is not in the Hall of Fame. Greatest Player I've ever seen play the game IMO and I'm a Detroit Tigers fan. He just gave it his all EVERY damn minute he played.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #53
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
This story is wayyyyy cool! I agree it should go on the main page so everyone can read it.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #54
BlaKFINN

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 1LT
Man this story is crazy. I actually saw your Camaro on craigslist a couple weeks back and went and test drove her at Holts Certified. Hope you got a good deal out the car, cause the saleman actually knew about the sig but i guess not the significance. Anyway, I must say she is a beast on 820 lol.

I actually saw the originals owners post on here after i googled the vin and was determined to find that note lol. With the powers that be i was unfortunate to grab her but i was close. Enjoy.

Its funny how i register, come across this post, and find a close to a good story. I just picked up my Ice silver V6 yesterday and will have some pics up soon. So check em out.

Hope this makes front page btw.
BlaKFINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #55
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
this needs to make home page. awesome story.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #56
dsirmans
Camaro Compulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaKFINN View Post
Man this story is crazy. I actually saw your Camaro on craigslist a couple weeks back and went and test drove her at Holts Certified. Hope you got a good deal out the car, cause the saleman actually knew about the sig but i guess not the significance. Anyway, I must say she is a beast on 820 lol.

I actually saw the originals owners post on here after i googled the vin and was determined to find that note lol. With the powers that be i was unfortunate to grab her but i was close. Enjoy.

Its funny how i register, come across this post, and find a close to a good story. I just picked up my Ice silver V6 yesterday and will have some pics up soon. So check em out.

Hope this makes front page btw.
Thats cool, this has turned out to be one crazy day full of info!!! The salesman Tony Jr. @ Holt said they knew nothing about what the sig. was. They had a picture of it online. He told me join a forum maybe someone could help. Wow I never imagined any of this.

The note is awesome. It is a full page letter, heart and soul of a young man who loved his sweet ride. Brought tears to my eyes, even thought the getting out of the ticket part was pretty cool.

Congrats on getting yours!!