Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #57
Bushidopupil

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Jeff,

I'm still waiting to see the results of the L99 dyno... I know you guys are working hard, just impatient is all.
Bushidopupil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #58
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushidopupil View Post
Jeff,

I'm still waiting to see the results of the L99 dyno... I know you guys are working hard, just impatient is all.
It is getting there. Turbos are on and fuel system is getting done now. If he could stay on it the car would have been up and running right now but we are juggling 25 other projects at the same time -- including a LSx 427 TT Camaro
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #59
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
The thing is, inflating your results might get you a sale or two, but when those customers are unhappy because they could not reach what the inflated results said, then the word gets out and many, many future sales could be lost. Giving honest factual information leads to happy customers, which leads to referrals, which leads to many, many more sales. Sales 101.
I agree 100%. Once there are 5-15 kits floating around out there will you see a really solid "Average" that essentially will rule out dyno differences and tuner differences and air temp/humidity etc etc. I am honestly thinking due to our dyno being a bit on the low side our initial #s will end up being conservative if anything

Track times / trap-speeds are even better!
Jeff
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #60
JAFOnomore

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
I agree 100%. Once there are 5-15 kits floating around out there will you see a really solid "Average" that essentially will rule out dyno differences and tuner differences and air temp/humidity etc etc. I am honestly thinking due to our dyno being a bit on the low side our initial #s will end up being conservative if anything

Track times / trap-speeds are even better!
Jeff
So you are saying you think ou have the most conservative dyno but still make 50 to 100hp more then similar kits at the same boost? Cool, those most be some awesomely large turbos.

I agree MPH in the 1/4 tells a big story - Does anyone know what each MPH works out to be in extra HP?
JAFOnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #61
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFOnomore View Post
So you are saying you think ou have the most conservative dyno but still make 50 to 100hp more then similar kits at the same boost? Cool, those most be some awesomely large turbos.
Not as much "Large" as efficient

I don't think we have the most conservative dyno out there, just in the lower % when you talk about cars getting on a number of different dyno's at different shops around the country.

Add to that the less humid fall air that is right around the corner and the numbers are only going to go up
Jeff
Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #62
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTI Nick View Post
Jeff you need a warranty category underneath turbochargers so customers know that with Precision turbochargers you get a one year warranty and with Garrett, well, they don't have a warranty- at least that's what you'll find out after you send back the units for "warranty inspection" or what I like to call "warranty rejection". Not to mention they have to go from your hands to a distributors hands and then to Garrett. $30 to each business and the time it takes to ship them adds up VERY quickly! I'm sure Hellion would also like this category since they are running the Turbonetics units!

You can also note on our section that the kit can come with Turbonetics units as well. We'll put whatever turbocharger the customer wants on it including Garrett.

You should also note what type of gas was used for the dyno numbers.
Sure. I can add a warranty section. I would assume the end-user would be more interested on a "Kit" warranty and not a "Pump" or "Turbo" or "Injector" warranty but I can add in either way. Good idea

I think I just said "Pump" gas even though that varies depending on what part of the country you are at.
Jeff
Old 08-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #63
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
Sure. I can add a warranty section. I would assume the end-user would be more interested on a "Kit" warranty and not a "Pump" or "Turbo" or "Injector" warranty but I can add in either way. Good idea

I think I just said "Pump" gas even though that varies depending on what part of the country you are at.
Jeff
Goes to WHO is doing the warranty. The kit builder or each component manufacturer
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #64
Markushi

Drives: a beater :(
what is the difference between a regular turbo and a ball bearing turbo?
Markushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #65
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
Goes to WHO is doing the warranty. The kit builder or each component manufacturer
Obviously.

I will post my "IPS" warranty that covers every single piece or part included in our kit once they are ready to ship out. If you are not going to include a "Kit" warranty and instead just fall back on the manufacturer of each kit component it tends to generate a lot of finger-pointing if/when something does go wrong.

We have found that when you use the absolute best components the probability of "Early" failure is extremely low.
Jeff
Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #66
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markushi View Post
what is the difference between a regular turbo and a ball bearing turbo?
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...o_tech101.html
Old 08-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #67
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
What is a MVS-R wastegate? I know of MV-S and MV-R only.
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #68
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
What is a MVS-R wastegate? I know of MV-S and MV-R only.
If it is my kit they are MV-R's. I will update the chart this week to get that corrected
Jeff
Old 08-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #69
racrx451

Drives: 2010 white SS
why is there no info on the STS TT stuff?
racrx451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #70
Whorable MPG1975
I'd rather be Blown.

Drives: 1975 CAMARO 454ciBBC/TKO-600
Do these system retain the stock exhaust manifolds or use headers? Hellion has been grabbing my attention as of late.
Whorable MPG1975 is offline   Reply With Quote