Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #71
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Like the design of it just not feeling the orange part of it kinda busy looking. Take this for what its worth if i had your car color combo i would have gone this direction plus blacked out the bow tie like Alfieboy add your sick rims then call it a day.

Name:  720607250_SCmoj-L.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  185.6 KB

Name:  720607722_4kVSR-L.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  199.0 KB
Old 07-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #72
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
and I get a pm requesting my opinion on this....

lol

its different.

to start.

right now, with just the heritage grille painted, its a little much. now, if the lower grille could match it in some way, I think it might balance out. that being said, maybe a touch here or there of orange on the rims would also help balance it out. or even maybe the mail slot being painted to match as well. might have to see a couple photoshops of it first.

next.... I love the zip ties on the bowtie badge. however, your badge is not level and thus, looks horrendous. ok, not horrendous, but it stands out (to me at least).

another thing that stands out to me, (and its not just your car that does this) is the lower grille. and when I say it stands out, it literally looks like its standing out in front of the car. head on, it looks great, but from any angle, it just sticks out too much.

other than that... pm sent
Your attention to detail is the reason for the PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
Hey PQ.... first off... I just wanted to say I always thought your ride was one of the best looking on the site. Love the color combo, and the wheels are siiiiick.
But that being said..... I dont like the solid IO grille. I think it's a bit overdone and throws off the agressive look of the grille.

HOWEVER... I see where you are going with it, wanting to tie-in the IO interior with the exterior, as the hood spears are not as strong (visually). So rather than keep the whole Heritage Grille orange, I would paint the outside of it black, leaving an IO outline around the grille. Then of course, paint the remaining 2 chrome pieces of the lower grille black as well. I took the liberty of photoshopping it for you.
This will be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
I'm not sure what to think of the grille, I like what you did there Grandeos.

May I make another suggestion that would tie it in? Besides orange gill stripes Anyhow, my suggestion is leave the grill as is, but paint the inner diameter around the front bumper opening. If you have a clear bra similar to mine it is the horizontal surfaces that are not covered with the clear bra.

I believe that would bring all that inferno orange together better than the black. It would have a similar effect as putting an orange outline around the edge of a rim.
Like this?

Old 07-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #73
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
Hey PQ.... first off... I just wanted to say I always thought your ride was one of the best looking on the site. Love the color combo, and the wheels are siiiiick.
But that being said..... I dont like the solid IO grille. I think it's a bit overdone and throws off the agressive look of the grille.

HOWEVER... I see where you are going with it, wanting to tie-in the IO interior with the exterior, as the hood spears are not as strong (visually). So rather than keep the whole Heritage Grille orange, I would paint the outside of it black, leaving an IO outline around the grille. Then of course, paint the remaining 2 chrome pieces of the lower grille black as well. I took the liberty of photoshopping it for you.
This looks awesome!!! Still has the IO in the grille but does not stand out too much- I like it- but then again its not my car
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #74
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuttduck
May I make another suggestion that would tie it in? Besides orange gill stripes Anyhow, my suggestion is leave the grill as is, but paint the inner diameter around the front bumper opening. If you have a clear bra similar to mine it is the horizontal surfaces that are not covered with the clear bra.
Like this?

That's it. I think it needs the bowtie to bring it all together though.

Maybe even the same inner part on the lower grille
Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #75
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
I would say paint the rest of the louvers black...but then there isn't much point to having it at all. Maybe take it off?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #76
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I think it looks bad ass... I want those rims really really bad.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #77
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
I had thought of doing this very same thing to my car except mine isIOM and I have already installed the White hood spears and kicked around the idea of putting the grille on it painted white to match. I thought it would look cool but was scared to do it but now that I have seen yours I really like it , but not sure of the IOM/ White grille combo................but PQ yours looks pretty bad ass dude!
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #78
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
Doesn't look bad, doesn't look great, but doesn't look bad (in reference to the grille), luckily, the car as a whole looks amazing, so I can look past the color of the grille!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #79
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Your attention to detail is the reason for the PM.

attention to .... oh, look a butterfly!

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #80
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
your car is beautiful. I can only hope that mine will look 1/2 as good as yours eventually.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #81
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
car looks too blingy for me. jmo