Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
ZL122

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS (sold)
Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! I am a huge Camaro fan and am looking to get back into one. I've had a 2000 SS and a 2015 AGM 2SS/RS M6. I've been lurking and am looking to get into a 13-15 ZL1 early this spring. I'm torn on which route to go though. The wife really wants a convertible and would prefer an auto so she can move it if need be. As much as I would prefer a coupe, I think a vert would be fun and the wife would enjoy the cruises more. The car would be getting some simple mods and be used as a nice weather driver and possibly hit the strip a few times a year with no road course racing. I really want to drive both a vert and coupe as well as an auto and M6 to really feel things out. The problem is there really isn't any around me to test out. For those who have switched from an M6 SS, is it a night and day difference between it and the ZL1, even if I went with the heavier vert? Thanks you for any input and I look forward joining the club, there are some amazing cars on here, stay safe and keep 'er greasy side down....cheers!
ZL122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
HBZL

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for info. Haven't driven a 5th gen SS, so I can't help you there, but I can tell you the ZL1 is an awesome car. i just don't drive mine enough so I just posted my 14 AGM coupe for sale in the classified section yesterday. 7300 mi.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
BossRS4

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I never owned or even drove a M6 SS, but I did test drive a A6 ZL1 Vert and I enjoyed it.When I finally pulled the trigger on a M6 ZL1 coupe I liked it a million times more than the A6 Vert. The tremec TR6060 is a awesome transmission, in my opinion makes the car a lot more engaging and enjoyable. I did not notice a weight difference betweent the two, but I only drove the A6 Vert for short time.

I would 100% go with a M6 if it was my choice, I think you would still be fine with a Vert too! Good luck!
45% Tint on Windshield
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
Oracle Afterburner Tail Lights
Oracle LED Sidemarkers
RDP Tune
TSP Long Tube Headers
Forza Componenti 3-Way Exhaust Controller
ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill
BossRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #4
ZL122

Thanks for the info! I'm certain that I will be going with the M6, I can't wait to row again! I really like the coupe but I think for pure enjoyment and sharing the fun with the family, ill be going with the vert.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
ZL122

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBZL View Post
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for info. Haven't driven a 5th gen SS, so I can't help you there, but I can tell you the ZL1 is an awesome car. i just don't drive mine enough so I just posted my 14 AGM coupe for sale in the classified section yesterday. 7300 mi.
That's a beauty you have for sale! GLWS, I'm sure it'll be gone quickly.