Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #29
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Even though I like the '14-'15's a little better, you can make your car look almost just as good. Get a ground effects package with front splitter, rear diffuser and anvil style rear spoiler.

Then, black out the trunk between the tail lights and the little section between each tail light pod. You know sort of like SLP edition Camaros.

Also, like the others here, I like the silver better.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:09 PM   #30
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
The vert is heavy for sure. But after having one, I would never go to a coupe. It’s not my DD. When I’m in the car, the top is down. Here’s another pic of the rear. I had all the black plastic and wing removed and shot in gloss black paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:34 PM   #31
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
I used to hate the taillights for the 2013-2015, but the look has begun to grow on me after seeing the 1LE. Still prefer my 2010 double taillights but I like the way that looks with the smoked out look, rshelar. What is crazy is the 4,200 lb curb weight of the vert! I am sitting at about 3750 and have a lot I need to do for weight reduction still. Agreed though, keep the current car and mod it; at least you know where its been, how its been driven, reliability, etc.
Refresh took place in 2014, 2013's have the same tail lights as your 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
The 13 looks good because it’s silver ice metallic like my 15. The 2SS gives him the infotainment system with the backup sensors and camera. Plus it has nice options with the seats and sunroof. You really get used to these goodies. The 15 would also be under warranty for another two years. I would do it.

2013 2SS (which the OP has) has infotainment center as well as back up camera and sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSS/RS View Post
Thanks everyone!! I have a 6yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty on my 2013. I DO know what I have in my 2013 and it's a great car.

It just turned 30k miles on Monday. I've done alot to it. I've done the exhaust, intake, stripes, custom caliper paint and engine cover to match the stripes with the stainless inserts. etc.

I think I'm just going to keep it at this point.
Thanks everyone for your input!!
IMO, good choice. First I'm a little biased and prefer the original GEN5 over the refresh (personal choice); second given all the work you've put into yours and not knowing what you would really be getting with the 2015, I'd say you're a head of the game in many aspects by keeping yours.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #32
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Even though I like the '14-'15's a little better, you can make your car look almost just as good. Get a ground effects package with front splitter, rear diffuser and anvil style rear spoiler.

Then, black out the trunk between the tail lights and the little section between each tail light pod. You know sort of like SLP edition Camaros.

Also, like the others here, I like the silver better.
I like the look of ground effects and all that stuff, but for me, I like a very basic look with no ground effects, spoiler, splitter, etc. Both look good, as I like 5th gens all around for what they are.

Look at Ryan Stevens 2010 Camaro that runs mid 9s, thats my favorite because it looks so basic, no elaborate paint job, ground effects, just a no BS drag car. Thats what I like

Rshelar, I bet its an awesome ride in that vert, I've always wanted the experience, the sun on your shoulders, wind in your hair, summer days in the country, taking the curves with some music playing, I bet its an awesome feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Refresh took place in 2014, 2013's have the same tail lights as your 2010.
I didn't know that, thank you!

Last edited by Chris49066SS; 11-29-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #33
rshelar

Top down on sunny day at local benefit car show. Those are the OEM wheels that I had chromed. Lowered one inch with Eibach springs.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #34
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylortoons View Post
What’s the giveaway on the repro wheels? Besides the Camaro stamping.
Most of the reproductions I come across are different offset and smaller width compared to OEM.

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:45 PM   #35
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSS/RS View Post
Thanks everyone!! I have a 6yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty on my 2013. I DO know what I have in my 2013 and it's a great car.

It just turned 30k miles on Monday. I've done alot to it. I've done the exhaust, intake, stripes, custom caliper paint and engine cover to match the stripes with the stainless inserts. etc.

I think I'm just going to keep it at this point.
Thanks everyone for your input!!
Good choice, your car looks great!
Old 11-29-2018, 09:13 PM   #36
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post

Top down on sunny day at local benefit car show. Those are the OEM wheels that I had chromed.
Where did you get the wheels done? How much did it cost? I want chrome on mine and considered Tijuana but see them doing things with hammers and grinding things up with their polishers makes me wonder. I'd take the wheels without the car too if I took them there.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:14 PM   #37
rshelar

L. A. Wheel is in Sylmar but I would not recommend. Small shop with a lot of rules to protect them. On eBay too but deal with them directly

Old 11-30-2018, 04:46 AM   #38
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Save your money and get a 15 z28. To me that’s the pinnacle of the Gen 5 Camaro. It has the 427 and the handling package to beat.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:06 AM   #39
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I can see it if you want to get the recaros and updated equipment. Try not to take a bath doing it, because there isn't much of an age difference between the two, and you could conceivably take a bath with the '15 if you were to trade it today as well. The end result should be that you get a bargain at the end of the day.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:38 AM   #40
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Where did you get the wheels done? How much did it cost? I want chrome on mine and considered Tijuana but see them doing things with hammers and grinding things up with their polishers makes me wonder. I'd take the wheels without the car too if I took them there.
You can get perfectly fitting replica wheels in chrome at Discount tire. I bought 9" wheels all the way around with Nitto Motivos mounted on them for the street. The clear coat on my stock wheels began to flake and crack. The chrome wheels are so much nicer and easier to maintain.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #41
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
I like the look of ground effects and all that stuff, but for me, I like a very basic look with no ground effects, spoiler, splitter, etc. Both look good, as I like 5th gens all around for what they are.

Look at Ryan Stevens 2010 Camaro that runs mid 9s, thats my favorite because it looks so basic, no elaborate paint job, ground effects, just a no BS drag car. Thats what I like

Rshelar, I bet its an awesome ride in that vert, I've always wanted the experience, the sun on your shoulders, wind in your hair, summer days in the country, taking the curves with some music playing, I bet its an awesome feeling.

I didn't know that, thank you!

I like that GPI car too. My goal is not to waste money on appearance mods, just keep the car clean and make it faster. To each their own.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #42
steveww
RUSH TWO

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
2015 Front looks much better.

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
steveww is offline   Reply With Quote