Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #43
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
Ehh I like the Stang OK but it's like the guys with verts who think they have a muscle car, not a "sports car", sorry but IMHO verts are "sports cars", a little girlie for me. Sort of how many love the Vette, I like a Vette OK I just think of overweight late mid life crisis bad attorneys / dentists with gaudy gold chains or dumb blond strippers. Sorry if I offended anyone, just kind of how I see those vehicles, just not my style. Convertible Vette you say? Yeah total blond stripper or rich daddy's girl car, definitely a "sports" car, not a muscle car. Same with the Stang, it all applies, the coolest looking Stang I ever saw was a 69 mach1, couldn't beat a Camaro 'cos it was too light in the loafers, ooops I mean to light in the ass. It's a nice car, like apple pie it's very American, just a little girlie and cheesy for a real man, . . IMHO. It's a chick car, a "sports" car, not a mans muscle car. Showing off your mustang is kind of like a round about way for a guy expressing he might be "coming out" soon . . . . I mean I know a couple of cool Bros with Stangs, it's really hard for me to keep a straight face when they're bragging about their really cool wicked "chick sports cars" lol. Yes I own a Ford but not really by choice, I mean it's my wifes SUV and she likes it a lot but I mean it's OK for her to like what she wants, even if it is a Ford, she's a woman. In addition she got it with only 15K miles on it from one of her family members for cheap, so I put up with it, at least it's four wheel drive and NOT a mustang lol! Look if you're young, like to fake tan and dress / act like the Jersey Shore TV show and think Von Dutch is awesome and wanna drive a cool American chick sports car like the Stang, great for you, just expect me to LOL @ YOU if you try bragging about it to me.

DISCLAIMER: post intended for humor and meant to entertain, NO actual Ford Muskanks or AWESOME CHEVY CAMAROS were harmed in the making of this irresponsible (yet funny) post.
Lol, What I got out of that post was that convertibles are like dumb blond strippers... they both look better with their top down...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #44
thePill
Account Suspended

Rereading my post and piecing things together I think I have an answer to my own question.

Q: What is the strategic advantage if GM holds out on the Z28 and banking on the convertible to maintain a 7k unit gap?

A: GM realizes that both convertible and special models eat into existing coupe sales, staggering their release (Vert and Z28) will capitalize on a slight overall sales increases per model, gradually without cannibalizing the coupe. This also doesn't create two different kind of hold outs and won't drastically affect the normally slow Q1 sales. I'm still not sure about a fall release of the Z28, I am still thinking early summer would be best.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #45
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
.... Reviewers can say what they want but it doesn't matter. Sales do.
sounds like youre ready to worship the Toyota Corolla then.....
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #46
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Ford gave a $2000 cash back bonuses on 2010s in January 2009, almost 4 months before they were on dealer lots. Same thing with the 2011 Mustang, I received a $2000 cash back bonus in March. Its hardly a clearance sale when units produced/sold in Jan, Feb and March were zero. I have heard of a few people getting $8k under MSRP for a 2010 but they were very few and that included the X-plan.

As far as a sales jump dying so quickly, it should... Seasonal trends always show a good 25-30% decrease in sales going into the fall. If Ford would have started production on the 2011s on 1 January 2010 with units on the lots by 1 March, Do you think the Camaro would have still outsold the Mustang or do you think the 7k unit gap would have held? Having an entire Spring/Summer to spike sales, 2011 hold outs would have only reflected Jan and Feb sales instead of the whole first quarter.

This year though, Ford intends to spike sales with a staggered MY release. The 2012 GT500s start production on 1 Jan 2011 opposed to the usual late April production along side the 2012 Mustangs. Last year, 3300 GT500s were ordered upon release with a "Ok to sale" in the summer leaving less than half as dealer deliveries. I am not sure how many GT500s were built last year (some say 5500) but those first quarter boost will even out slumping sales of the 2011 until April.

The Boss 302: Dealers are guaranteed one Boss (4600 dealers in the US and Canada) and additional 25% of Bosses will be allocated via a sales lottery that closed in September, you could be looking at 5700+ units. Most of the Boss pre orders took place 8 weeks ago and '12 GT500 (possibly the last GT500) pre orders are happening now so a sales spike is incoming on Fords side.

If Brand loyal Camaro hold outs wait for the Vert, it will have an enormous
effect on coupe sales and zero effect on Mustang sales. Sept to March is a very bad time for performance vehicle sales so I would expect a 4-5k units to be a regular trend (Dec/Jan sales will be the worst, Oshawa closes around that time). The 1st quarter leaves GM banking on a possible cannibal convertible, which the outcome in sales will not be clear until May/June.

Impulse buyers (the majority) are already on the GM lot, so I highly doubt they will pick up a Ford Mustang there and totally disregard the Camaro coupe. Hypes and Trade ins have either become Brand Loyal or were Impulsive and have moved on to something more impulsive and are forever locked in the trade in/impulse cycle.

The reason GM needs to do something is because Ford is playing very dirty. Staggering two different Mustang model years, releasing the Boss order guide far in advance and allocating those units and holding the sales stats until next year. GM knows Verts eat Coupe sales, Just as Special models do, but crossing your fingers at this point is not a solid plan.

Release the Z28 along with the Vert in April, Don't be afraid that Ford will one up them, of course they will but it won't happen this year... That's another opportunity lost, because top tier buyers do cross shop before they buy and now the '12 GT500 is alone again ready to spike Q1 sales... Plan interior/exterior redesigns for '13 leaving only two more MYs before the 6th Gen. By years end, this model will be stagnant and a fresh exterior will get them rolling again... I wouldn't bank on the Z28 tipping the sales very far, even if it did, the late release will be too late.

Insinuating that I need to own a Camaro to understand sales and marketing is about as practical as requiring Sales and Marketing to have a degree in Engineering. Although I do know quite a bit about the Camaro, none of the technical specifications actually applies to this topic.

THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF!!!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #47
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
One thing you forgot to mention and that is that next year will Camaro come to Europe too
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #48
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
One thing you forgot to mention and that is that next year will Camaro come to Europe too
I personally hope that the Camaro sales are huge over here in Europe, give the foreign car makers a taste of their of medicine.

I am planing a photo shoot with camaro5 member DRB he is here in Kaiserslautern, Germany, he has a black 2010 SS and would be perfect with my '11 GT... Greg Champion will most likely be the camera man, he said he would do the shoot for free because it sounded fun...

I would love to do a Beaches of Normandy shoot, not a head to head, Mustang vs Camaro but America vs Germany.. but you have to be careful with any references to the N-word (the German N-word) It is very, very frowned upon.. and fines would accompany those frowns..

All pictures will be distributed, FREE OF CHARGE, throughout both Ford and GM communities..

Foreign countries make it hard for American cars, Heres a fun fact, from 1964 to 1979 Mustangs sold in Germany were called T5s. Mustang was the name of a large tow truck (no solid rear axle jokes please) and could not be badged with the original name. There is a very large T5 fan base here... even though Europeans say they hate US cars, there is still some who buy them...

Last edited by thePill; 12-06-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #49
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking

Quote:
I personally hope that the Camaro sales are huge over here in Europe, give the foreign car makers a taste of their of medicine.

I am planing a photo shoot with camaro5 member DRB he is here in Kaiserslautern, Germany, he has a black 2010 SS and would be perfect with my '11 GT... Greg Champion will most likely be the camera man, he said he would do the shoot for free because it sounded fun...

I would love to do a Beaches of Normandy shoot, not a head to head, Mustang vs Camaro but America vs Germany.. but you have to be careful with any references to the N-word (the German N-word) It is very, very frowned upon.. and fines would accompany those frowns..

All pictures will be distributed, FREE OF CHARGE, throughout both Ford and GM communities..

That's actually a really cool sounding idea! I hope the shoot comes out well. I honestly have no animosity towards the mustang, I was just trying to be humorous and a little uncouth, making fun of the mustang and Camaro at the same time as Camaro owners are also stereo typed lol. I'm looking forward to the pics, I know the area you live in is truly beautiful.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #50
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
That's actually a really cool sounding idea! I hope the shoot comes out well. I honestly have no animosity towards the mustang, I was just trying to be humorous and a little uncouth, making fun of the mustang and Camaro at the same time as Camaro owners are also stereo typed lol. I'm looking forward to the pics, I know the area you live in is truly beautiful.

Normandy would be very cool but is pretty far from here, and even worse.. we would have to go into France...

I know your joking around, that's usually the reason I read your post. Besides, being Air Force and working with the Army.. I have developed pretty thick skin and a large variety of gay and mom jokes.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #51
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
thePill:
Interesting posts, you know your marketing. I welcome your comments on this site. I think you have a great car but in so far as looks go, my personal opinion is, the stang just doesn't have the same appeal as the Camaro. By the way, I was stationed at LRMC and picked up an M3 (2008) from Terry at Pentagon. Frankly, the M3 has the fine details down to an art (track stuff, handling, etc.), sort of like a scalpel. But if you want a fun car that's a blunt instrument (ie Bowie Knife) but is loads of fun, the Camaro is the king. The Herms can talk all they want about American muscle, our cars are just plain fun to drive. Their cars don't have the same brute force. By the way, I've driven many Porsche and the M3 has them beat as the best all around car. I'll be going back to LRMC this summer, I'll try to look you up if I can. Seriously though, I think the Mustang is a great car. Enjoy it over there Have fun on A6 with those wanna be's in their Opels. Many regards from an AF colleague (I know what you mean about the Army at Ktown)

Geo
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #52
Leeiswho2b

Drives: 2009 Shelby GT500
2010 yes. 2011.....forget about it!

2003 Cobra Vert - Sold

1993 Cobra #4267 - Turbo - Got Boost??? - Sold!!!

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa - Custom everything

It's all relative in West Virginia!!!
Leeiswho2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #53
Z28RockStar

Talking ROIGHT! :)

Quote:
Normandy would be very cool but is pretty far from here, and even worse.. we would have to go into France...

I know your joking around, that's usually the reason I read your post. Besides, being Air Force and working with the Army.. I have developed pretty thick skin and a large variety of gay and mom jokes.

Right on Brother, didn't know you were military! AWESOME! Thank You for your service, my Father was an Air Force medic during VietNam! Much respect to you sir! One vet to another, love that Stang Bro, be safe and have as much fun as you can!

still waiting on pix. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Old 12-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #54
thePill
Account Suspended

@ george, I have another son on the way come the 31st-ish of December. He will be born there in Landstuhl, in fact, the wife is going there tomorrow for an OB appointment. I will be going home (Pittsburgh) in April for 30 days and I should be around all summer long... I got a job to do down south, somewhere in the unpleasant come fall... Look me up, I live in Heltersberg, south of Vogelweh off of 270 (I'm a SSgt/Security Forces). Don't know if your ADAF still or sep/ret but I can help get you around until you get some transportation if I am not posted.

@ ZRock, AF medic? not a fun job... probably alot of stories... In my line of work, I will not talk to vet medics.. It puts the fear in ya... Anyway, no need to thank me man... I got enough stories of my own, the war kinda paid for itself...

I appreciate the post reads, I know they are way too long. Sometimes when you have a really complicated question, it helps to put your info up on a chalk board and step back and look at the big picture... I find forums a good place to do this, it sure beats tacking up news paper clippings and writing figures and estimates on my garage walls like Russell Crowe in the movie "a Beautiful Mind"... The mental health office might bring me a nice white jacket for Christmas... with extra long sleeves that fasten in the back...
Old 12-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #55
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeiswho2b View Post
2010 yes. 2011.....forget about it!
:troll:
Old 12-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #56
Z28RockStar

Talking

[QUOTE=thePill;2622389
I appreciate the post reads, I know they are way too long. Sometimes when you have a really complicated question, it helps to put your info up on a chalk board and step back and look at the big picture... I find forums a good place to do this, it sure beats tacking up news paper clippings and writing figures and estimates on my garage walls like Russell Crowe in the movie "a Beautiful Mind"... The mental health office might bring me a nice white jacket for Christmas... with extra long sleeves that fasten in the back...[/QUOTE]

^^LOL^^