Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
2012 Camaro Z/28 Rendering

In case some of you missed it, here's what leftlanenews.com thinks the Z/28 will look like.

Name:  2012camaroz28.jpg
Views: 24810
Size:  306.9 KB

and a link to the story:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-camaro-z28.html

Last edited by Shurenuff; 12-28-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Thats one nice rendering...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
I like it!!
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Not bad - the waiting is killing me.

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign
MotorCityAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Not really sure about the hood, but i'll keep my fingers crossed for the SSX wheels!

What about that statement right here? was there any anouncment?
Quote:
GM sources have finally confirmed the Z28′s not-so-well-kept secret existence
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
Shurenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
Not really sure about the hood, but i'll keep my fingers crossed for the SSX wheels!

What about that statement right here? was there any anouncment?

I'm right with you! I'm in love with the SSX wheels and pray that they'll be at least an option with the Z/28 as mentioned in the leftlanenews article.

Speaking of the hood, I'm going to repost the initial impressions I had posted on the thread on the general forum. Actually, as I look at the pictures from my post below more closely, I'm not convinced this hood rendition is really accurate. Beneath the camo on the test cars, I'm seeing an extractor like hood, although the shape of the openings look different than the rendered version IMO. You can see this best on the last picture that shows the camo snugly fitted to the top of the hood.

Additionally, the more I look at these three pics, it sure looks like there's an intake scoop, similar to the T2 style hood, in addition to the heat extractor vents. You can see a clear outline of a mailslot like hood scoop in the second pic with the hood up, and I can also see it a little on the third pic. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

I'm no engineer, but does it even make sense for it to have both heat extractor vents and a large intake scoop? It seems like the air would just rush in and quickly exit via the extractor vents. What would this accomplish?

Here's my post from the other thread with the pics I'm referring to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I'm not really sure about the hood, I prefer the Leno one or even the T2 hood. Maybe it'll grow on me, I hope. The hood does look like a very realistic rendition judging from these spy shots, although I can spot some differences:

The rest of it I like, especially the SSX wheels

I kinda hope it has the vertical LED fog lights like the Leno car, but the more traditional round fogs aren't a deal breaker.

The good thing is, we'll know what the real deal looks like soon enough. While all the guess work and speculation is fun, I can't wait to see the real thing!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #7
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Dear GM,

It's been a while now since we first heard rumours about a certain Z28.

Santa came along a few days ago, and said I've been a good boy, but he said I had to wait for my present, as it wasn't ready, and maybe I could have all of it on my birthday.

So please, GM, if you read this, my birthday is 3 August, and I would really want one Z28 in TF2 outfit

That's all, thanks
PB
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
REVENGE

Drives: 1999 Mustang GT
I love everything about this rendering. Love the hood, wheels, body and small wheel well gap. I can just imagine what a black one would look like.
REVENGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Front fasica change z28 clone lol
Old 12-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I am not lovin those wheels......not feelin it......I keep trying, but it's not growing on me. We could use some new looks GM, the only wheels I have found attractive so far are the optional chrome or standard painted 5 spokes. I think the optional factory wheels are hideous. Maybe some variation on the GM 1970-74 SS five spokes please?
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
looks good, but personally i think it would look more aggresisve with the mail slot.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
REVENGE

Drives: 1999 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I am not lovin those wheels......not feelin it......I keep trying, but it's not growing on me. We could use some new looks GM, the only wheels I have found attractive so far are the optional chrome or standard painted 5 spokes. I think the optional factory wheels are hideous. Maybe some variation on the GM 1970-74 SS five spokes please?
Can never please everyone. Personally I think these wheels look better than anything Chevy offered on the current gen Camaro.
REVENGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...please drop the hideous Camaro badge off the fender...just the Z emblem....nose looks great, the hood is a one off and unique.......the wheels in a powder coated midnight chrome finish would win me over the more I am thinking about it...a dove tail spoiler, not a tuner type wing on the rear...and boost up the color schemes....electrify the paint....give us colors GM!
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
Shurenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post

My guess is that if they offer these wheels, they will be optional. As much as I, and many others, love the black concave SSX wheels and hope they're available with the Z/28, not everyone (like yourself) likes this style of wheel.

I'm guessing they'll have a more traditional painted wheel standard to appeal to the most people possible. Although those wishing for factory chrome wheels on the Z/28 are sure to be disappointed as that boat has sailed a while ago.