Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #155
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
this is the great part about being on this forum. support!!!!!! there really are people that care, it really will be ok. show us pics when she is all better.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #156
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
You're right about that Bob. The BEST thing about this car is all the friends we met on this forum. Personally I'm doubly blessed -- being able to own and drive this amazing machine and meeting great folks like Ruffian. She's a wonderful person and her responses and posts reflect that. The last person who should have experienced this type of bad luck but so very well equipped to take it in stride and make the most of it.

Icntdr55 has a great idea, the club will throw a wonderful bash to welcome Spirit back and we will all rejoyce with Ruffian at being back in the driver's seat.

This is starting to sound like a revival meeting.
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #157
Ruffian118

Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSONLY View Post
Icntdr55 has a great idea, the club will throw a wonderful bash to welcome Spirit back and we will all rejoyce with Ruffian at being back in the driver's seat.

This is starting to sound like a revival meeting.
pick up the babies and grab the old ladies! I love this idea - you know I'm always ready for a party.

we're still gonna have a great summer - positive note, for sure she'll be ready in time for the Laramie show! Thanks for all the , Sister!
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #158
Skill377

Drives: 04 Toyota Camry
I don't drive a Camaro yet but I feel your pain. Hopefully your car will be fixed up good as new!
Skill377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #159
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Glad things are moving along so that Spirit is up and running soon. It's an amazing car and as you and I talked at Main Street In Motion, the emotional connection to our cars is fierce! I'll get flamed for this no doubt, but every night before bedtime I open the garage door and wish Black Beauty a good night. She is truly my baby. Once the car is paid off I'm saving for that large burial plot you and I discussed because like you, this car is going to the grave with me.

Thanks GM for making this amazing vehicle and for engineering it to be fast and safe. Because you did, we will enjoy many more events with our wonderful friend Ruffian and her beautiful car.

Call if you need a shoulder. Glad you're posting the progress so we can share in your recovery.
Seriously Pepper, you need to get a man in your life!!
Just kidding Pepper, we love you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post

Couldn't agree with you more Scott!

As I stated earlier, the fact that she walked away without a scratch is certainly testament to the quality build of this car! I could tell you a story about a guy who hit a deer at 65 MPH in his Camaro, deployed all his air bags and he walked away without a scratch as well but, thats a different thread!
Yes, it was me that hit the deer a year ago. I was cruising along with the cruise control set at 74 mph. The deer came out from behind a bridge abutment. And this wasn't one of those puny southern whitetailed deer, it was a full grown 300 lb. mountain mule deer. The first I knew of it was when the airbag blew up in my face. It was like slow motion. I hit the deer square in the center of the nose of the Camaro. The car went from 74 mph to 5 mph in the blink of an eye, but I hardly felt the impact. The car completely absorbed the shock. The seat belt didn't even leave a mark on my shoulder. And I never even hit the airbag. Even the drivers side curtain airbag deployed. Onstar immediately came on to ask if I was OK. I had just enough speed left to coast over to the right side shoulder of the highway. The car's computer automatically shut off the ignition and turned on the domelight and emergency flashers.
If anybody says that Chevy builds these cars weak, they don't have a clue. This is by far the safest car I have ever owned. Even with a caved in front end, fenders and hood. The radiator was pushed back 3 inches. I tucked the airbags out of the way and was able to restart the car, checked for leaking fluid (found none) and drove it back into Denver 15 miles and parked it in front of the body shop. CHEVY TOUGH!!! 6 weeks later and $8500 from insurance, I was back driving my baby, with even more confidence than before.

Last edited by mtcwby; 05-18-2011 at 11:32 PM.
mtcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #160
2SSONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian118 View Post
pick up the babies and grab the old ladies! I love this idea - you know I'm always ready for a party.

we're still gonna have a great summer - positive note, for sure she'll be ready in time for the Laramie show! Thanks for all the , Sister!
Great to hear! Keep up the positive attitude!

[QUOTE=mtcwby;3238007]Seriously Pepper, you need to get a man in your life!!

Wait, who says I don't have a man in my life?? He's working on being as cool as my car but he hasn't quite made it yet.

Glad you weren't hurt in your accident last year. Think you might need the award for "most times repainted." I'm sure you've got the award for the most miles. I probably still have the distinction of least miles in the pre-order group.

Bottom line, it's an amazing automobile!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #161
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Susan,

I am really sorry about the whole situation and am glad to hear you are ok. I got your email and will work with your body shop to get it to them as fast as possible. I hope to see you at Oshawa, car or no car!!!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #162
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
[QUOTE=2SSONLY;3238602]Great to hear! Keep up the positive attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post

Wait, who says I don't have a man in my life?? He's working on being as cool as my car but he hasn't quite made it yet.

Glad you weren't hurt in your accident last year. Think you might need the award for "most times repainted." I'm sure you've got the award for the most miles. I probably still have the distinction of least miles in the pre-order group.

Bottom line, it's an amazing automobile!
Pepper I think I may still have Don on the repaint title. Mine is back in the paint booth right now. I think this is trip number 5 for my baby, and trip number 6 is scheduled for this fall.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #163
Ruffian118

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post

Yes, it was me that hit the deer a year ago. I was cruising along with the cruise control set at 74 mph. The deer came out from behind a bridge abutment. And this wasn't one of those puny southern whitetailed deer, it was a full grown 300 lb. mountain mule deer. The first I knew of it was when the airbag blew up in my face. It was like slow motion. I hit the deer square in the center of the nose of the Camaro. The car went from 74 mph to 5 mph in the blink of an eye, but I hardly felt the impact. The car completely absorbed the shock. The seat belt didn't even leave a mark on my shoulder. And I never even hit the airbag. Even the drivers side curtain airbag deployed. Onstar immediately came on to ask if I was OK. I had just enough speed left to coast over to the right side shoulder of the highway. The car's computer automatically shut off the ignition and turned on the domelight and emergency flashers.
If anybody says that Chevy builds these cars weak, they don't have a clue. This is by far the safest car I have ever owned. Even with a caved in front end, fenders and hood. The radiator was pushed back 3 inches. I tucked the airbags out of the way and was able to restart the car, checked for leaking fluid (found none) and drove it back into Denver 15 miles and parked it in front of the body shop. CHEVY TOUGH!!! 6 weeks later and $8500 from insurance, I was back driving my baby, with even more confidence than before.
I had never heard the WHOLE story about your encounter - so glad YOU came away just fine. Seeing your car now gives me hope that Spirit will be back to 100% very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Susan,

I am really sorry about the whole situation and am glad to hear you are ok. I got your email and will work with your body shop to get it to them as fast as possible. I hope to see you at Oshawa, car or no car!!!!
Thank you, Bill- I'll give the info from your PM to my shop today.

Quote:
Great to hear! Keep up the positive attitude!

When I first brought my car to the shop after having it for 3 days to get clear bra & window tint, before I left I gave her a kiss and said goodbye (she was going to be there for a week). The shop guy looked at my husband and said "you're in big trouble."

[QUOTE=ud_lose;3239100]
Quote:
Pepper I think I may still have Don on the repaint title. Mine is back in the paint booth right now. I think this is trip number 5 for my baby, and trip number 6 is scheduled for this fall.
R. - I think you have a paint fume addiction.
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII

Old 05-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #164
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
I had never heard the WHOLE story about your encounter - so glad YOU came away just fine. Seeing your car now gives me hope that Spirit will be back to 100% very soon!

Thank you, Bill- I'll give the info from your PM to my shop today.

When I first brought my car to the shop after having it for 3 days to get clear bra & window tint, before I left I gave her a kiss and said goodbye (she was going to be there for a week). The shop guy looked at my husband and said "you're in big trouble."

R. - I think you have a paint fume addiction.
You could have a proffessional bodyman go over my car with a fine toothed comb and he would never be able to tell that it has ever had any work done on it.

And it's not a paint fume addiction that Randy has, its more of an OC Disorder.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #165
Ruffian118

Will have police report in 3-5 business days. Insurance company approved the claim, parts have been ordered. Bad news - car is 98% guaranteed NOT to be ready for my trip to Canada. Good news - insurance will pay to put me in another Camaro for the next 5 weeks . Now to find a rental dealership that has one. Insurance would prefer that I use Enterprise, but said if they couldn't get one, they'd work with another company. I'm still holding my breath on this until they hand me the keys.

There's an Avis dealership in my town that has an '11 SS/RS red convertible sitting on their lot right now. Not sure I could get that lucky.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #166
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
There's an Avis dealership in my town that has an '11 SS/RS red convertible sitting on their lot right now. Not sure I could get that lucky.
Be careful getting an SS/RS.......you may have that body shop replacing your V6 with a V8

I would certainly try for that car, what do you have to lose, especially if they said they would allow you to rent a Camaro. If thats the only one in your town then thats the only one in your town!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #167
2SSONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Be careful getting an SS/RS.......you may have that body shop replacing your V6 with a V8

I would certainly try for that car, what do you have to lose, especially if they said they would allow you to rent a Camaro. If thats the only one in your town then thats the only one in your town!
Go for it Susan! After the LS3 upgrade you'll be boring and stroking next.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #168
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Quote:
Go for it Susan! After the LS3 upgrade you'll be boring and stroking next.
I am surprised Larry has not commented on this one Pepper. good thing your not a guy.