Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sounds good!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw12290 View Post
Thanks Jessica. Going to dealership this weekend to talk to them and also have them rotate the tires. Will post back the results afterwards.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
dw12290

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Called the dealership to confirm my appointment for tomorrow but they said they do not have access to someone from Chevrolet on the weekends to talk about the possibility of having to adjust the tie rod ends. Was told they have not heard of having to do that . Not sure what to make of that but have an appointment next Thursday so they can look at the car. Since this is the dealership I purchased the car from I want to have them try to resolve the problem. If they can't I will then go to another dealership to see what they say.

Going to the tire shop tomorrow to rotate tires as snaphappy suggested to see if that fixes the issue and if it does then no need to go to dealership.

Obzen: Yes when I get going straight and let go of the wheel there is a slight drift to the right due to the crown of the road and if I hold the steering wheel center off to the left I go.

While this is not a huge issue it's more the point of buying a new car and having something that annoys you.

Will post back after having tires rotated tomorrow if that indeed resolves the issue.

Thanks for the replies and advice.
dw12290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw12290 View Post
Called the dealership to confirm my appointment for tomorrow but they said they do not have access to someone from Chevrolet on the weekends to talk about the possibility of having to adjust the tie rod ends. Was told they have not heard of having to do that . Not sure what to make of that but have an appointment next Thursday so they can look at the car. Since this is the dealership I purchased the car from I want to have them try to resolve the problem. If they can't I will then go to another dealership to see what they say.

Going to the tire shop tomorrow to rotate tires as snaphappy suggested to see if that fixes the issue and if it does then no need to go to dealership.

Obzen: Yes when I get going straight and let go of the wheel there is a slight drift to the right due to the crown of the road and if I hold the steering wheel center off to the left I go.

While this is not a huge issue it's more the point of buying a new car and having something that annoys you.

Will post back after having tires rotated tomorrow if that indeed resolves the issue.

Thanks for the replies and advice.
It may not be a HUGE issue but its a valid issue. I would do the same thing. It's all just in the alignment, its an easy fix for a competent shop. The steering wheel needs to be center. It's not a 20 year old truck with worn out parts.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #18
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Check tire pressure too . . . but most likely the alignment is off.
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote